Hex ghost?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Have you ever experienced anything paranormal at Alton Towers?

Poll runs till Sun Jul 17, 2050 4:57 pm

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 37
leachy

I am starting this group after an experience which i had today as we were in hex and the part which shows the video and there was only 8 of us in there as it was ERT. I was at the back of the group and 2 of my firends were facing me as they were scared by the video and something dropped behind me so i turned around to see what it was to find something black behind me which stood out from everything else. Instantly my two friends were freaked out as one of them saw something drop right behind me and the black and the other just seeing the black. Has anyone ever experienced anything paranormal or like this in either Hex or the Towers? I thought that it was all fake but after today a aren't to sure.
"Prepare for air... Now Flyyyyyyyyyyyy"
Gloomy Dude

I have read a few reports of some sort of 'activity' in the projector room in Hex. Most common seems to be people at the back of the group feeling like there are very small stones being thrown at the back of their head. I've never experienced anything like this, but then I'm very cynical of the paranormal. Read into that what you will...

As for the 'seeing something black', your eyes can very easily play tricks on you in the dark. I'm also pretty sure there'll be some old topic lurking about regarding paranormal activity at the Towers. Quite an interesting read it was too.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
SLC_Boii x

Never had a ghostly eperience in he towers, maybe because I can't remember - I haven't been on Hex for some time.

I seem to remember there being a Most Haunted or something like that which was filmed in the towers - try youtubing it, it might give you an answer to your story.
elmerfudd

^I also heard that the towers were haunted. I personally dont even believe in the paranormal, but I have heard rumours about a ghost there.
Nothing has happend when I've visited before, although there were immature kids at the back shouting rubbish when the vido was on..
Deleted

You might want to look here:-

[url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 59#p265659" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]viewtopic.php?p=265659#p265659[/url]

I took these photos back in 2007.

Retro Forum Name also!
Blaze

Most Haunted were at Towers a few years back and filmed in Hex. I don't believe a word if the program but they apperently had ghostly goings on in there...but then again they did in the vault aswell but that ain't part of the Towers, so it's up to you to believe it.

Never had a ghostly experience and don't believe in any of it, but the Towers are supposed to be haunted and if anywhere is, they are very likely to be with the history they have.
Vik

I've spent the night in the ruins on one of the ghost hunts that are held there throughout the year. I didn't witness anything, and I was more than happy to go wondering off on my own a couple of times. Thats not to say that nothing ever happens of course, and it was still an enjoyable night.

I would consider myself a skeptic. Have witnessed, heard things in certain places in the past, but I always try to discover if their is a scientific explanation to happenings rather than a supernatural now.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

DiogoJ42

:lol: Yes, Most Haunted: the show that held a seance in the Octagon... a room rigged with special effects to appear haunted. :no:

Seriously, I'm open minded and all, but come on!
daboywunda

well, i've experienced the same sort of stuff that most haunted did a year BEFORE they filmed there... We were the only ones in the Q (was a stupidly quiet day) and had a few stones thrown at us from in front of us.. yet we could clearly see that there was no-one there (no-one waiting to go into the video room and the ride op was no-where to be seen).. They didn't drop down from the roof, they came straight at us...

Odd indeed.
Bloo

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]:lol: Yes, Most Haunted: the show that held a seance in the Octagon... a room rigged with special effects to appear haunted. :no:

Seriously, I'm open minded and all, but come on![/quote]

Yea that's a bit... urm... hrmmm. :lol:
richdirk123

In that bit in Hex where the room is an octogan shape, is that weird girl in white robes that walks across the platform an actor? Where does she go?
seanyboyuk

As said on the old topic about this matter in the first holding room stones were thrown at my gf and a similar story was said on most haunted.
DiogoJ42

[quote=""richdirk123""]In that bit in Hex where the room is an octogan shape, is that weird girl in white robes that walks across the platform an actor? Where does she go?[/quote]
Nope, it's just a static dummy. It never moves, it just isn't lit untill needed :P
nicolah

Well mine was not in Hex but in the chapel up on the balcony were the arches are i was just taking random photo's with my phone i could not see anything but when we looked back on the photo's you can clearly see what we decribed as a monk like figure head bowed down,I have sent the photo in to the resort and it is going in the staff magazine so all staff keep your eyes open for it
nicola hunter
cmpunk771

Only thing scary that has happened to me in the towers was the terror of the towers lol, Vampires and Monks everywhere.
nicolah

[quote=""nicolah""]Well mine was not in Hex but in the chapel up on the balcony were the arches are i was just taking random photo's with my phone i could not see anything but when we looked back on the photo's you can clearly see what we decribed as a monk like figure head bowed down,I have sent the photo in to the resort and it is going in the staff magazine so all staff keep your eyes open for it[/quote]
By the way it was in july 2008 so no scarefest.
nicola hunter
air_head

I do remember watching a show years and years ago on ghosts, and they had a segment on Alton Towers. They interviewed somebody in the Alton Towers shop, which is now the Hex Queueline and the old castle armoury. They also said they experienced something in there, and this was a good 10 or 15 years ago. So whoever experiences something in there isn't the first and I'm sure they won't be the last.
leachy

As for the 'seeing something black', your eyes can very easily play tricks on you in the dark
But if three of us have seen the exact same thing at the exact same time surely this isn't our mind playing tricks on us.
"Prepare for air... Now Flyyyyyyyyyyyy"
Anonymous

I went to Alton Towers at the weekend, we had an great time, but when we went into the Towers (Hex), in the holding room where you watch the film about the legend, I was standing right at the back, I felt someone was gettin very close to me; A man in black. As it was very dark I couldn't see properly but I felt someone standing very close.

I couldn't watch the film as I kept feeling someone presence. When the lights came on no one was there, when I got home someone told me about the towers being haunted. It freaked me out, I have now been looking online and seen the Most Haunted at Alton towers which confirmed it.

I now want to go back and visit the oak tree which is still chained up, and maybe go into the ruins again.
If anyone got any info about it I would love to hear because I can't seem to forget about it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Archive]

By the way, Most Haunted is fake and proves nothing. Proof!
Are the Towers really haunted?

There is always a perfectly logical explanaition for strange goings on like the one you felt. Some people accept that ghosts are probably a myth. However, others often like believing that ghosts are messing with people's frail, frightened mind and playing tricks inside their brains. Simply because the idea of ghosts are more interesting than "Oh, it was probably just a shadow." or "The door was open so it was probably just a breeze."! So you can make up your own mind and decide which conclusion suits you.

I should know, I am a ghost.