Nemesis Shoes

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
DiogoJ42

Well I wear bog standard trainers, and they have never come off my feet. All you have to do is tie the laces up.
Fantasmic

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]
What's on your feet has nothing to do with blacking out.
[/quote]

I'm sure it doesn't, it may have been lots of factors, low blood sugar, unfit. I don't know.

[quote=""Islander""]
...though having said that, if the one time you blacked out was the one and only time you were wearing your shoes, I can certainly see why you'd have that mental link.
[/quote]

Precisly, negative reinforcement if you like. I know it probably WON'T make me black out but I'm too paranoid to leave my shoes on. I also have to make sure I've eaten loads too as it could have been blood sugar...

I know my shoes aren't going to fly off... but still, I will take them off. Personal reasons! (I also wear socks with crocs, boy did that get some responses on the Dibb. #-o )

I don't understand why the some people have got such a problem with people's footwear anyway, it's not like other peoples footwear is making his feet sore?

FWIW, I tie my laces up, but can slip my shoes off in 2 seconds, I usually have them off when the car before me are loading. All about being prepared and all.
Maddie

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]Well I wear bog standard trainers, and they have never come off my feet. All you have to do is tie the laces up.[/quote]

they dont have laces, there designed to be slip on shoes. if i go to alton in trainers that have laces, i would spend longer tieing the laces than i would just taking them off. everybody does it, and tbh, until something happens that pushes more strict rules on it, it wont change!
DiogoJ42

If Alton can 'ban' kids from wearing thick soled shoes, maybe they should ban shoes that won't stay on your feet? :P

Seriously though, I think most shoes will be ok on rides. Flipflops and crocs would fly off, but anything that's wraped round you heel or ankle should be fine.
amylovesaltontowers

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with wearing flip flops to Alton Towers, because they will be comfatable to wear in summer, but i just couldn't be bothered with the hasstle of having to put them in the cages everytime i went on a ride like Nemesis or Air.

I personally like to put on a pair of shoes that i know will stay on my feet all day, and not have to think about them at all until i take them off when i get home. :)
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
moog666

I like to take off my trainers for Nemmie. Not because I am worried about them falling of but because it feels nice on your feet. especialy if you been walkin on them all day. I make sure they are off when I get to the ride though

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
Vicki

I've taken mine off before, but it was just to see if it made any difference to the experience. For me, it didn't really so I just keep them on now. Now, bare feet, maybe that'd be a different experience, but just taking your shoes off? Nah, not in my case anyway.
The Lonely end of the Rink- a great song, and it\'s usually the case when I go ice skating because I just can\'t keep up!
Deleted

Wonder what type of non sensible footwear is being branded around the park today by them gypsys :s
stigzy

Most likely anything above £200 no doubt!