Rate Th13teen

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Th13teen Overall Rating

Poll runs till Sat Jun 25, 2050 2:44 am

5 Stars - The Ultimate Rollercoaster
16%
4 Stars - Impressive
55%
3 Stars - Average, Nothing Special
23%
2 Stars - Poor and Disappointing
2%
1 Star - Waste of Money
4%

Total votes: 194
PeteB

I think it's time we started seeing some numbers, there's already a ton of discussion in the Th13teen threads so if you need to discuss perhaps post it somewhere in [url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=68" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]viewforum.php?f=68[/url] instead.

This topic is for the Poll only. What's your rating?
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

There's a review topic here [url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 60&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26260&start=0[/url] :roll:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
SheikhSam

Full marks from me! I'd say it deserves the respect, maybe the thrill would've been better if we hadn't known what to expect :doh: that's the trouble with being an enthusiast ](*,)
Blaze

Full marks. It may not be the ultimate rollercoaster, but as it is impossible to be the ultimate rollercoaster because what an ultimate rollercoaster would be like is different for every person and no ride could trully include every single thing, but Thirteen is still a fantastic ride, a fantastic addition and a fantastic achievement.
Anonymous

Hey guys!
I'm new to the forums.
I joined specifically to tell you how impressed I was with TH13TEEN! Me and my friends visited Alton Towers yesterday, and immediately joined the single riders queue for 13 (the normal queue was a bit long). We were really impressed with the themeing in the queue line, especially in the borading station; with the eerie lights and the chained wraith on the wall. Luckly, even though we were single riders; we all got put together on the back row (BEST place to be). The ride was so smooth, and going down that first drop into the turn - pretty intense! After the part outside, it was time for the indoor section. I hadn't looked at what happens inside; therefore I had no idea what to expect! The first little drop was funny, but that second one REALLY took us by surprise and was actually quite a fall! Also, when we were shot backwards that small drop down into the tunnel really made my tummy go!

I voted 5 for this ride! :D
GREAT themeing, the ride was great (quite intense at the back).
I think the one thing they could do to improve it was maybe themeing the backwards section a little more... but it was all fantastic. I think what made this ride for me was not knowing what to expect for the indoor section. I knew the outdoor would be fast and very up and down...
GREAT addition the Coaster's at AT!
Titters

Full Marks from me! It is sooo smooth, offers great little bursts of airtime and the crypt is just funny. The Helix is different and all in all is the ultimate Family coaster :clap: Well done Alton Towers :)
AstroDan

It's a four star ride. Much like many other AT Coasters - it delivers on many aspects, but is not the perfect ride. Then again - what is. The only feature which lets down Th13teen is the outdoor coaster section. As much as the overall ride duration is reasonable, this section is far too short and does not deliver any major thrill which is a dissapointment. With trim brakes further dampening this section, it results in a really, really bland twist just prior to the second lift... and when I saw construction I was really looking forward to those twists but the train cannot be doing much more than 25mph at that point. A lot of the airtime is massively cut down by the two trims and, with such a short coaster, two trims is a real shame.

On the whole though, it's a great experience with a great throughput and the freefall is great fun indeed!

:)
PeteB

Well said Dan, hopefully those trims will be removed at some point in the future and with many additions to the theming being added, I'm considering moving my rating from 3 stars to 4. I think it should be viewed more as an adventure ride than a white knuckle rollercoaster.
TheWraithWithNoFace

It's more of an overall experiance, than a roller coaster
Top 5 Nemesis|The Flume...Obviously.|Oblivion|Duel|Rita
Fantasmic

I voted 3 stars, it's average. The reverse helix was the best bit. It's far to short and the drop in the crypt is an anti-climax.

A good coaster but I only rode it once during my 2 days there earlier this week. It's no Nemesis that's for sure!
NemmyNut

I've just voted for 3 stars,although this may change after many more rides,as i am led to believe that it gets better the more you ride it-we shall see :D
James

I voted 5. This is more based on the overall experience of Thirteen, not just the rollercoaster on it's own. The air time was decent and I enjoyed the drop section very much(with it being my first drop rollercoaster). The backwards helix is also a very weird feeling. It's the overall build up to the ride that does it for me. The music, theming and just the general atmosphere really make this my new favourite attraction at Alton, I know many will disagree with me on that but I left very pleased with Thirteen. The more times I ride it the more I admire the ride and enjoy it.
TheWraithWithNoFace

[quote=""James""]The music, theming and just the general atmosphere.[/quote]

This, is the truest thing i have heard all week about what TH13TEEN is about
Top 5 Nemesis|The Flume...Obviously.|Oblivion|Duel|Rita
Colossus

It would be interesting to see the correlation between who rated this as the Ultimate coaster with the number of coasters they have ridden.

I for instance have been on the Mummy rides in Florida and California, Expedition Everest and coasters throughout the States and Europe and therefore only rate Th13teen as average. If I hadnt have been on those rides, then it would probably rate better.
Blaze

Not really, it is about opinion. Someone who may only have ridden a couple of coasters may hate Thirteen. Many people on here love Thirteen and have ridden tons of coasters. The rating really has nothing to do with how many you have riden, especially as Thirteen is so unlike anything built before.
Trixz

Eh how exactly is thirteen a 5 star coaster am i missing something! Id consider it to be a four star at a push but i think 3 stars is definetly deserving to 13. To say its a 5 star ride is going way over the top and i would assume that thats down to new ride hype, its a good ride but its nothing special.
WE ARE ALL WITNESSESS
bradpeet

[quote=""Trixz""]To say its a 5 star ride is going way over the top and i would assume that thats down to new ride hype, its a good ride but its nothing special.[/quote]

It was my being stupid enough to believe there was something in the hype that led to me being so disappointed in Th13teen. If it had not been for the combination of the hype and it replacing a proper rollercoaster (yes, I mean Corkie) I might have rated it a 4 instead of a 3.
James

[quote=""Trixz""]To say its a 5 star ride is going way over the top and i would assume that thats down to new ride hype.[/quote]

Well I voted it a 5 star ride. It's a matter of opinion, you don't think it's 5 star, I do. No one's right or wrong on here. My 5 star rating has got nothing at all to do with hype, I'm not sure what you're getting at there :?
DannyJ

I voted 5 stars because of the first floaty drop on the back row. Also Th13teen has got the best themeing in the park .:)
Blaze

[quote=""bradpeet""]
It was my being stupid enough to believe there was something in the hype that led to me being so disappointed in Th13teen. If it had not been for the combination of the hype and it replacing a proper rollercoaster (yes, I mean Corkie) I might have rated it a 4 instead of a 3.[/quote]
How is Thirteen not a 'proper rollercoaster?' Lets see, wheels, track, initial source of momentum (i.e. lift) followed by gravity powered section. Corkscrew and Thirteen are about the same height and last about the same time. Thirteen has theming, forawds and backwards sections, two small launches, am indoor dark section and a world first element. And it is not even slightly painful, is infinately re-ridable and thoroughly modern. The exact opposite of Corkscrew. All that had going for it was a great view, which Thirteen almost matches, a funky lift sound and sentimental value. There was a whole year between the closure of Corkscrew and Thirteen's opeining, more than enough time to get over it's closure, so there is no point taking it out on Thirteen that Corkscrew is finally gone. It had the sentimental value and was so important, but was too old; it had to go. It's not like the park have treated it badly, they even saved the screws and recylced part of the track for theming on Thirteen. Also, there was over a year between the plans being released and opening. We spent that year discussing that the ride will be a fun, but short and not particularly intense ride. And shock horror, that is what it is. If at the last minute the words 'Ultimate Rollercoaster' made you think Nemesis V2, then that is not the ride or marketing departments fault; it is, to be bluntly honest, yours. I'm not having a go, it's just that some of the things people, have been saying don't stand up. Opinions are opinions and therefore can not really be wrong, but the reasoning behind some of the arguments don't make sence. I acept people won't like the ride, it seems to be one of those rides you either love or hate, and that is fine, but moaning about it being where Corskscrew was and for meeting the audience it was meant for, is wrong.

[quote=""Trixz""]
To say its a 5 star ride is going way over the top and i would assume that thats down to new ride hype.[/quote]
How is it over the top? If people love the ride, they love it. In your opinion, the ride is not worth 5 stars, and that is fine, but to other people, it is a fair score for it. Most people on here have riden it dozens of times now, so any hype is well out the window and the ride is being judged on what it is, not what they said (or indeed, how people took what they said), and this applies to both the like and dislike groups on here. As James stated, I think it is a 5 star ride, but that has nothing to do with hype. It is my opinion. Yours is that it is not worth 5 stars, mine is. Nothing to do with ype. To me the hype was meaningless, something to excite me for 5 minutes. I was excited by the construction updates, not what the latest S*n headline proclaiming age limits or whatever they said.