Oblivion design, marketing & construction video

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Mick

My sincerest apologies if this has been posted before - I couldn't find it on a search!

I've just watched the most amazing oblivion construction video. Packed with information; excellent clips of actors (not unlike today's wraiths) in orange jump suits asking people to 'clear the area please' and engaging in coded communication through their radio; some great input by the big JW.

But that hole! I saw the construction pictures, I inspected them all with keen interest. But nothing does justice to the depth of that hole - I could not believe my eyes as that green crane bucket endlessly dropped down, further and further into the chasm. WOW. I'd heard that Oblivion is twice as deep as it is high (it has the second biggest drop in the UK, according to rcdb.com), but never quite believed it. Well now I've seen it! You should too :)

Edit: It helps to post the link!
[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... re=related[/url] enjoy!

---- Post Info Added ----

Here's a pretty decent one of Nemesis construction too: [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... re=related[/url]
There\'s plenty of room at the bottom!
Wes

That's taken from 'The Magic Factory' Documentary that the BBC filmed during the 1997 season. Been around for years.
Mick

Well I wasn't claiming to have made it, Wes 8)

I'm sure that, like me, there are a great number of people who use this website that weren't aware of it. Anyway, sorry to ruin your day :roll:
There\'s plenty of room at the bottom!
Nightfall

Been looking for this for a while now. I forgot what the name was. Thank you :wink:
[align=center]Image[/align]
SLC_Boii x

I've seen this before. The quality of secrecy was what made this ride great. I the great acting happens for all the new rides.
Blaze

Saw this lots of times, it really is a great little video.
daboywunda

The full video was hosted on GoogleVideos a while back, not sure if it is any more coz I've lost the address since my PC went down... :(
Khanage

I never tire of watching these! I would have loved to have ridden Nemesis back when it first opened - there's something about the baron and vegetation-less landscape that makes it seem a bit more out-of-this-world than it does now.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

amylovesaltontowers

That Nemesis video is relly interesting. :)
I agree, it does seem slightly different then than is does now.
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
Bloo

Wow that was great! Will have to try and find the whole programme somewhere :)