Th13teen - Ride discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
SIMR

When I went on bank holiday weekend there were 2 wraiths walking around the outside of the queue. The first time I have seen them, too :lol: I've never seen a bushman though.
Rob L

[quote=""mattbailey""]Are the wraiths and bushmen still around? It'll be a real shame if that's over already[/quote]
There weren't any wraiths around yesterday, but they are still being advertised as making appearances between 9.45am and 5.30pm around the Dark Forest, so I guess they do still come out.

I'm pleased to say that Thirteen was riding a lot better yesterday, it seemed to carry more speed in the woodland section of the ride, and wasn't struggling to make it over that final hill like it has done a bit in the past. You can clearly see that a lot of work has been done on the trim brakes since they were first installed, and the two main trims are connected to each other, so will work together in how they slow the train down. I think the trims now have a different effect depending on the weight of each train. So credit to Towers and Intamin, because the trims are certainly a lot less noticeable than they were before.

:)

henry96

[quote=""Adz123""][quote=""henry96""]Have they SEEN Top Thrill Dragster?
[/quote]

Of course not, half of the people on the AT Facebook page don't even know there's a rollercoaster higher than 400ft, let alone the concept of naming it.

And if you even try mention to them what Intamin is...[/quote]

Aha, very good point. I just meant if they had seen it, or any other rides with lap bars, they wouldn't be saying it :)
On the subject (ish) it annoys me when americans say they build the best coasters, when of course, Switzerland does 8)
Blaze

The AT Facebook is TTF for idiots :P

I dont mean to say people who arn't enthusiasts are idiots, like some people seem to, what I mean is the people who generally comment on FB are the kind that shouldn't be allowed to reproduce :lol:

Also, what with this thing for calling it Thi3teen? [-X

It's Thirteen on Th13teen :roll:
Nightfall

Hate to tell you Blaze but the ride logo is spelt THI3TEEN, which has an “I” rather than a “1” :P

But your right, it should be spelt Th13teen or Thirteen. I wonder if the peculiar spelling came about after the logo was designed with the IR looking like 13, and someone from marketing said lets spell it Th13teen :?
[align=center]Image[/align]
Blaze

Nope, it's deffo a 13, it wouldn't make sence to have a letter and a number, the point is so the numbers can be read on their own as numbers or as part of the word because they look like letters when applied the way the are. The name is Thirteen, so it would have the number 13 in the logo, rather than one letter and a number. Plus the smaller logo is just the number in the same style.

So it's deffo a 1 and a 3 :lol:

EDIT: You were right :oops:
jordanc14

[quote=""Rob""][quote=""mattbailey""]Are the wraiths and bushmen still around? It'll be a real shame if that's over already[/quote]
There weren't any wraiths around yesterday, but they are still being advertised as making appearances between 9.45am and 5.30pm around the Dark Forest, so I guess they do still come out [/quote]

I saw the wraiths at around 11:30. Also, on the subject of actors has anyone seen the grannys on shopping carts playing baseline music? :P They are really funny saw them around towers street and adventure land.
PeteB

[quote=""jordanc14""][quote=""Rob""]
I saw the wraiths at around 11:30. Also, on the subject of actors has anyone seen the grannys on shopping carts playing baseline music? :P They are really funny saw them around towers street and adventure land.[/quote][/quote]

I'm looking forward to seeing those guys. Never got to see them perform on Britains Got A Load of Crap even though they were in a few promos.
garyh

Yeah saw the grannies last weekend with Jump Around playing, was the funniest thing ive seen for ages, especially with the screatching sound effect when they stopped!
kingda dude

BTW the breakdows back in the early part of the season where caused by one of the trains being to fast, this caused scensors to read the trains as too close and then it would auto stop the system (I know this because I asked the mechanics whilst stuck on the second lift hill, due to this error). There didn't seem to be any problems with the restraints and thee only reason that I can see why the dummys fell out is that they are jush tankards, they have no legs, only a bungee cord to keep them in.

Because I was stuck on the lift they gave all the people on the train a fastrack ticket, which I will use next time I go.
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"
Islander

[quote=""kingda dude""]...and thee only reason that I can see why the dummys fell out is that they are jush tankards, they have no legs, only a bungee cord to keep them in.[/quote]
:?

No, they have no 'bungee cord' to hold them in, and you've missed the point altogether - the dummies shouldn't fall out, not matter what! That's one of the main purposes of testing the ride with them - that and testing different loads...
kingda dude

I know that they are designed for weight, I was just trying to point out that if they did fall out it wouldn't be a fault of the restraint. Also they are just held in by bunjees, I saw saff placing them in whilst I was standing at the air gates.

I didn't miss the point, I get there function completely understand their function. I study these machienes in my spare time!
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"
Kaz

Also they are just held in by bunjees
As has been said the whole idea of test dummies is to replicate humans. Rides do not eject humans. They have no cords or connections to hold them in, simply water for mass and thats it.
Gloomy Dude

Ok, so Th13teen should now have been open 5 days since the planned downtime. Initial reports from a few pages back are good, but does anyone have any further feedback? Still running full (or almost full) capacity on 3 trains? Really hope so [-o<
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
AstroDan

It was very good Sunday in terms of reliability. It had a few short stops but nothing major, and trains ran at full capacity all day long. The queue kept moving.
nickfrancis10

have the queue times been shorter recently due to the work done?

Come on you Wolves!
Dormiens-Dave

[quote=""kingda dude""]I know that they are designed for weight, I was just trying to point out that if they did fall out it wouldn't be a fault of the restraint. Also they are just held in by bunjees, I saw saff placing them in whilst I was standing at the air gates.

I didn't miss the point, I get there function completely understand their function. I study these machienes in my spare time![/quote]

The Test Dummies are not the same as the Weights that are used for day to day testing, these weights are indeed held in by bungee cord, but the test dummies where human shaped things full of water.
djtruefitt

I went on today, the que time said 45 mins and I would say we qued no more than 20 mins, most of the que that I went through last weekend was closed too so it was a fairly quick que. You do really notice how much the shop and bag area hold the ride up as you can be stood for a good 5 or 10 mins then you can suddenly move for ages.

I have been on it 3 times now (1st time 3 weeks ago it broke down as we pulled into the station and we had to wait 5/10 minutes before it moved again) but today there was no problem and they were filling all the trains up (we were on the back), im not sure why but it did seem better today, I dont remember all the lights and strobe light in the drop section last time I went on.
Bobstar1984

Hi!

Im new to this site so i apologise if im asking this in the wrong place.

Anyway when went to AT in March Th13teen was down aswell as most other rides, and it was the only reason i travelled from Newcastle just to ride it!

Now im going tomorrow just wanted to know if there were any problems today?

Id be really appreciative if you guys could ease my fears for another no ride day tomorrow!

Lets hope i finally ride Th13teen!
Big Dave

Theres no way to say for certain it will be running, but in general it has been running ok. Expect the odd breakdown but it should be open.