Th13teen - Ride discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheWraithWithNoFace

[quote=""006178""]Went on th13teen twice today!

i loved the manikin dressed as a park attendant being wrapped by tree branches in the queline

the indoor drop section themeing was good also

overall actually an addictive ride

10/10[/quote]

I TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT IT BEING ADDICTIVE!

Its one of the only rides where i instantly come off wanting to go on again! Theres been some moaning about the shop, but I love it [/ end totally random comment]
Top 5 Nemesis|The Flume...Obviously.|Oblivion|Duel|Rita
jordanc14

Hey sorry if i confused anyone with my april fool... I didn't want negative points for it :(

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the new theming and the tesla (as long as it's working) will try and get some pics. I agree with some of the others, TH13TEEN HAS HUGE RE-RIDEABILTY FACTOR! Just wondering as it was discussed a while ago does any one know if you can turn left and go toward fv (through the gardens) to bring you out to the Dark Forest rather than going past hex and ccl?

Any answers would be much appreciated :D
Eagie

[quote=""jordanc14""] Just wondering as it was discussed a while ago does any one know if you can turn left and go toward fv (through the gardens) to bring you out to the Dark Forest rather than going past hex and ccl?

Any answers would be much appreciated :D[/quote]

If you turn left at the sweets kiosk just before entering the walled section, it takes you around the back and in to Dark Forest where the Ug Swingers used to be - so much closer to the entrance for Th13teen.
buffaloBen

TH13TEEN DISPLAY TO OPEN - at Sharkbait reef

They have added a new display at sharkbait reef which is dedicated to thirteen and the exterior of the tank was all in place yesterday with vines growing over it ect.
It is till covered up at the moment but it should be finished by tomorrow if not today. :D
Not sure what fish will be in there but its all themed simerliar to thirteen! :D

Smoke was back on yesterday in the drop section too :) The people in vines look great! They caught a lot of peoples eye as one of them looked like a real towers staff been grabbed by vines (wearing red uniform ect) and there were about 4 of them in total around the que line.
Titters

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone knew the reason for the ambulance outside 13, after it had closed early on tuesday?
TheWraithWithNoFace

I think apparently someone must have had a panic attack... either that or another stupid PR stunt :roll:
Vik

Thirteen is closed at the moment, but has recently been testing so will open soon hopfully.

Edit, it has now reopened.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

TheWraithWithNoFace

Hurahh 8)
bradpeet

Hmmm - I wonder if Th13teen is just a poor starter when cold, or whether they are continuing to tweak things and bring in new effects overnight?

I'm still hopeful that it might be the latter, but I'll not be rushing back to find out. (I guess that's why I'm on here :lol: - somebody else can find out and report back)
Elliot

Would it be likely to be on the 2011 feb ride list?
Danny

Th13teen seems to be fine working in the rain. It was going well when I went. The only downfall to it's throughput is when they put on another train. It seems to take ages to get riders onto the train and keep the throughput on schedule.
Dean

Still no Tesla Coil due to the fact it's using to much power, so the power needs to be stepped down. Which is a shame as I was expecting a super visual effect for 13, but once it's running it will be a low powered Tesla Coil, which I can't see it being a very good spectical if it's only got so much power.

I hope i'm wrong but it's such as shame, when things have to be toned down, but that's the norm these days. :roll:

So we are back to square one as to when the Tesla will be working as normal operation... :cry:
Last edited by Dean on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WillXav

I think this project is a small fail. £15 million!

The ride looks well-themed and the coaster layout is short. The track itself looks like it costs £2-3 million and the drop track I guess costs about £4 million.

I would like a break-down of the costs spent :D
Kaz

So in reality all these supposed theming additions were just talk? I thought we would be getting some animatronic movement, sparks and all sorts. Seems we will just have to make do with smoke and lights.
DomB

After going on it again yesterday, it just gets even better.
It's so much fun and the queue moves so quickly as well.

It's definitely up there with Nemesis for me as my favourite ride.

:)
Vik

The trains have now been renumbered 1,2 & 3, originally being 3,4,5
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Raz664

Just a quick question regarding thirteen :)

im going on sunday, and was wondering what the restraints are like?

Is it one lap bar per person, or one per car?
TheWraithWithNoFace

^ The restraints are actually quite good, its one per person. They dont really restrict airtime
Raz664

[quote=""TheWraithWithNoFace""]^ The restraints are actually quite good, its one per person. They dont really restrict airtime[/quote]

good :)

do they accomodate for 'larger' guests aswell? (my dad)
Elliot

Talking of restraints, I would've preferred if they were the Mack lap-bars, like on Blue Fire. They look like you'll get alot more air time. I have a feeling you would also feel more free.