Th13teen - Ride discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
D-Man

^Are you confusing the weapon part with the secret weapon codename? :?

Just wondering cause I didn't fully understand what you were talking about!
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
adsyrah

Soooo. Has anyone noticed SW6 emblazoned anywhere on the ride yet?

I'd love to know if Merlin have etched it on the building somewhere as a nod to the Secret Weapon heritage!
Krispy101

So, anyway, as you were saying, PoV Videos would be hard to get.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... r_embedded[/url]
mattbailey

[quote=""Krispy101""]So, anyway, as you were saying, PoV Videos would be hard to get.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... r_embedded[/url][/quote]

Would've been nice if the video had actually captured more ride & less sky though... #-o
Krispy101

Not my recording, haha just found it by going to a URL I saw some people wearing hoodies of today, I guess it's better than nothing :P
Kaz

The ride isn't totally finished there is lots of building work
As in?

I was alos wondering, has any landscaping/planting taken place or will there simply not be any?
Jackrandom

I can't remember who said, but this was mentioned before. The 3 looks likes a short curve then a long curve representing a short drop and then a long drop? no idea why '13' though, guess they thought it might be reeeaaally cool and hip :P
http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/THATJACKISRANDOM
ELECTRO/GARAGE/RAVE/BASSLINE
Javs

[quote=""Krispy101""]So, anyway, as you were saying, PoV Videos would be hard to get.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... r_embedded[/url][/quote]

So we see sky, black and hear a few screams. My god, it makes you feel like you were there
does'nt it. #-o
ReZourceman

[quote=""Blaze""]About 90% of people I saw were visibly impressed.[/quote]
They had an erection?
:P
DaNnyToWeRs

Hello everyone!
Firstly i'd like to let everyone know that I am Leroy, the guy who said he had confirmation that SW6 was going to be a B&M! lol I've been here all the time watching and reading your posts even when I was banned :)
I've never followed a ride construction before but this has been a fantastic and amazing journey. It's been great fun having a laugh on here and speculating as to the different elements of the ride as well as the Manufacturer! :p and although I wont be going on 13 till the start of April I am really looking forward to it having read all the comments and seeing the photos.
I think its important not to have high standards about what this ride has, or WILL do, but to go in open minded and to experience it just like you might have in the past when you haven't followed a ride construction, as you will ultimately be disappointed due to it not living up to your expectations.
My expectations :- Is that 13 will be a great addition to the park and that Alton Towers is back at the No. 1 spot this year :)
Thanks once again to everyone for their fun and inspiring comments!
DanB

On my first go i wasnt that impressed with the ride itself, the theming however is amazing! Its not a physchocoaster or secret weapon, it's a family ride! Marketing haven't really helped themselves.

After reriding throughout the day and going on the back it has grown on me as a very good family coaster

No one has mentioned what looks like a tesla coil in the queue line. It's not working at the moment but considering the large cage it's in I would expect it will be working in the future.
nemesisfan

T13een from the front and as you can see it looks great, also a few trees added before the lift hill it really looks great in person.

Here we can see a photo i took from the side of the building from rita's que after we got off th13een

Heres a nice veiw staight on at the building and as you can see from the vines climbing up the building the theming is fantastic

Th13een's entrance looking busy, this was around 9:50 we joined the que just round the corner from where you can see in this photo and from 10 minuites of us been in it more people joined and it was out of the entrance. total que time for first ride was 1hour 10 mins, with 3 trains going the ques got munched threw :D

Me and mr wardley at th13eens's exit, when i asked him for a photo he was more than happy and took me to one side so we got a good photo :D :D
samster31324

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

well we all wanted it it's bester then that other one its ok still not good but at least we can see the track!

---- Post Info Added ----

[quote=""nemesisfan""]Image
T13een from the front and as you can see it looks great, also a few trees added before the lift hill it really looks great in person.

Here we can see a photo i took from the side of the building from rita's que after we got off th13een

Heres a nice veiw staight on at the building and as you can see from the vines climbing up the building the theming is fantastic

Th13een's entrance looking busy, this was around 9:50 we joined the que just round the corner from where you can see in this photo and from 10 minuites of us been in it more people joined and it was out of the entrance. total que time for first ride was 1hour 10 mins, with 3 trains going the ques got munched threw :D

Me and mr wardley at th13eens's exit, when i asked him for a photo he was more than happy and took me to one side so we got a good photo :D :D[/quote]

sorry mate your pictchers arnt working for me!
I can't wait to see the doctor......
krug

Been watching some pov vids of Thirteen. Its strange, the coaster part looks better than i expected where as the crypt looks rubbish because you cannot see anything or gain any perception of whats going on due to the poor quality video. This ride cannot be judged without riding it. I think i will have a very pleasant surprise when i go later this month.
When the ride has matured for a while and all the trees and bushes have grown, scenery has started to corrode and when all the effects in the crypt are working like the chasing wraith; this will take its place with the greats at Alton Towers.
Last edited by krug on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
nemesisfan

Sorry tried uploading from my facebook and musn't of worked, i just signed up to photo bucket and want to no when i copy and past the adress to my post do i take it from the adress bar ?
samster31324

[quote=""nemesisfan""]Sorry tried uploading from my facebook and musn't of worked, i just signed up to photo bucket and want to no when i copy and past the adress to my post do i take it from the adress bar ?[/quote]

yep
I can't wait to see the doctor......
The_Chosen_One

Apparently theres effects on the walls inside the crypt that werent working either. I think that if alton Towers had the choice they wouldnt have opened the ride yesterday until it was finished but due to everyone hwo was going they were forced to open it.
James

Nemesis Fan, to save you the hassle, here's your pictures below:

[quote=""nemesisfan""]Image
Th13een from the front and as you can see it looks great, also a few trees added before the lift hill it really looks great in person.

Me and mr wardley at th13eens's exit, when i asked him for a photo he was more than happy and took me to one side so we got a good photo :D :D[/quote]

Nice pictures, the theming looks fantastic.
Sam-urai

Dose the ride have an on ride Photo, has anyone brought one and what do they look like?
Please visit Merlin Mania - http://www.merlinmania.com/
James6

Yes it does, I have one. It's good, as it's placed at the fastest part of the ride, however, don't put your hands up as they'll cover your faces.

One annoying gripe is below the photo is a mastercard advertisement. :(

Not so much an advertisement, it's just a line of text with the mastercard logo after it.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P