The Ultimate Fireworks: 5-7 November 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Maelstrom

The court order said they are allowed to hold a max of 3 firework nights per season, so unless they are wanting to hold more than 3 nights they should have no problems.
Altonator

Fireworks were mentioned / advertised on Munity Bay Train on 23 3 10
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
DiogoJ42

It's those blummin NIMBYs. :no:

Kill zem all! :twisted:
mcivkev

[quote=""PeteB""][quote=""Big Dave""]Id still push for getting 3 firework nights a year and go to the local council and say looks at our gate figures when we use to have fireworks and look at them during scarefest. Scarefest is a good event dont get me worng, but I feel it doesnt draw in the crowd as much as fireworks did. I think using this they might be able to get a few extra firework nights out of them. On a recent trip we spoke about how Disney were able to put on a show most nights but they have fireworks that hardly make any noise. Maybe this is a plan for Alton?[/quote]

Thats probably why disneys fireworks are rubbish, plus the shows always look like they fire one shell ever 30 seconds - thats not spectacular! You wanna see them propper blowing the place up like Alton do, and that can only be done with noise.[/quote]

With regards to Disney fireworks, i can say that their fireworks are far from being rubbish, i have been to florida and seen them, the best ones there in my opinion are the Illuminations of Earth Fireworks at Epcot. Brilliantly set to Music and very moving, and uplifting.

Alton towers fireworks are brill and i hope they do go ahead this year.

see link below for Epcot fireworks.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

As a surprise at the end when everyone thinks its over you get this

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
FDS Website & Media Design
Big Dave

Online petition me thinks. Get everyone on here to sign it and also see if Alton Towers themselves will back it and then send it to the local council.
James

[quote=""Altonator""]Fireworks were mentioned / advertised on Munity Bay Train on 23 3 10[/quote]

I went on the Mutiny Bay train yesterday and there was no mention of a Fireworks event. Only Pink, Scarefest and Christmas were mentioned so I assume that Alton have taken it off for some reason :?
tweek68

Must be true if its on wikipidia :D :D :D
Scorpe

[quote=""damos1""]The fireworks displays are returning for 3 days at Alton Towers Scarefest as part of their 30th anniversary celebration

Sorce wikepedia[/quote]

Not a reliable source as wikipedia's information is provided by normal chaps, just like us.
Its a bummer not being able to use it as a reference at Uni :P
AstroDan

Wikipedia? Are you serious? You do realise that Wiki is just updated by any old person like you or I. If someone read TTF, assumed that it was gospel that there are fireworks - then they could update Wiki with the information.
bigphilwest

Does it have a source linked to it?
Next Trip: I don\'t know :S
Deleted

Yes Guy Fawkes said on the phone to TTF HQ
DiogoJ42

There was a poster in the Towers Street monorail station on opening weekend. And I'm sure it was mentioned on the skyride. :?
James

[quote=""damos1""]dont bad rep me for this please islander, just thought we should all know what was being said not that it was a reliable source! unless the bad rep points because you dont want the fireworks?[/quote]
:roll: #-o

May be Alton were advertising the fireworks and are now having second thoughts :?
Mattia

It isn't confirmed at all. They themeselves can't even make their minds up wether to advertise it or not. As they don't really seem to know if it's going on either.

I'd much prefer a Summer Spectacular. Running the whole of the summer holidays. Something like:

"Celebrating 30 Years of Magic, With Snorlix And Friends!"

Ok, maybe a more imaginative title :P but... Get ready to join Snorlix with best friends Darrell, Clarissa and Lucy as they celebrate 30 years of their home - Alton Towers Resort! But with such a big party to prepare, they'll need help from their friends Ma Garitta, Ringo, Reginald, the Katanga Rangers and Sir Algenon himself! Get ready to celebrate in this all singing, all dancing, interactive show and guess what? You're all invited!

Shown at the bottom of TS a few times daily.

(So we'd have a little daily show, just about them getting ready for the 30th celebrations but realising there is still so much left to do. Luckily their friends across the resort are on hand to help out and also you are too. So it would have a songs in it and dancing, along with a bit of slap-stick comedy and a cheeky script in some places to give it that Alton character).

"Celebrating 30 Years Of Fantastical Fun!" Carnival.

Get ready to whoosh through the years in Dr Pop Rocket's Super-Sonic-Time-Machine! Join Dr Pop Rocket as he rocks the day's celebrations with a carnival on Main Drive playing music from the eighties right through to the noughties! Get ready to conga, shimmey and shake with your favourite friends: Bunbury, Henry & Henrietta Hound, Snorlix, Lucy and many more!

Shown on Main Drive daily.

(So three floats. One at either end of Main Drive and one in the centre. Full of dancers, singers and costumed characters getting you involved in a street party-esque interactive show).

"Celebrating 30 Years Of Adventure!" Spectacular.

Ever wanted to join Snorlix and his friends Alton Bear, Lucy and Ringo on an fantastical adventure with the power of imagination and magic? Well now you can! Get ready to become a fully fledged Katanga Ranger, rule the skies with Air, run at the speed of light with Sonic, train to be an official Paradise Plumber and help Sir Algenon create one of his new wacky inventions! But beware, the forces of evil have heard of the adventure and will do everything in their power to takeover!

(So, basically, you see Snorlix and co go on an adventure with you and are joined by different characters from around the resort until the Mutiny Bay Pirates take over and appear on a ship on the lake mocking the idea of imagination and magic, and are furious they haven't been invited to the celebrations. They are soon joined by Wriaths, the Hex Hag, Dr Nicholas Rudgeons, Nemesis' beasts, Zombies and the Oblivion Agents as they try to takeover your imagination and stop the celebration. Only you can stop them... So, now we have more of an action show. A stunt show with pyro explosions, water and other surprises. Again this must contain slapstick and have a cheeky script because that kind of style works so well for the Resort that we saw in 2008).

A show at the bottom of TS/on the lake shown at the end of day.

Resort Modifications

Fake balloons with the 30 years logo on them would be placed around the resort (like the vines and pumpkins we get at Scarefest), along with banners, those triangle flag bunting stuff, huge birthday cakes and candles. TS would see the biggest scenic theme but all places would have some sort of scenic element to them bar the Dark Forest, Gloomy Wood, Mutiny Bay, X-sector and the Nemesis Area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See, with an event like this we would have a much longer and more elaborate birthday celebration. It would also be a bigger deal than a 3 day firework show and would be targeting the resort's guests during it busiest period. Meaning more £ and a bigger deal of their 30th birthday.
DiogoJ42

I can't decide if the rerurn of Dr Pop Rocket would be a good thing, or one seriously bad trip! :P
Mattia

Lol! Well, he's just gonna have to be extra careful. But maybe something could go wrong and Sir Algenon saves the day with his wacky inventions? :P
Big Dave

I think the park really need to push for fireworks. Lets face it they bring such a magical atmosphere to the park that Scarefest just cannot do and I also thing they should push for them on the grounds to prove that such events at the park are still popular and can bring more money into the local economy and actually benefit the surrounding area.

I dont think its fair that the park pretty much got forced to get rid of the shows in the first place and the fact that many local B&Bs have closed down or reported a reduction in profits, is yet another reason why they should come back. As for doctor pop rocket, yes he was amazing, but maybe a bit too tacky to be used for the 30yr celebrations.
roary01

I can confirm the fireworks display WILL return for 2010!

5,6,7th november 2010

It will be in keeping with the birthday celebrations,
and promises to be a display not to be missed!

Source: The Pulse may 2010

More information to follow...
James

Alton Towers Resort Ultimate Fireworks Event
5th - 7th November 2010

Making a welcome return after a few years break, the Alton Towers Resort Ultimate Fireworks Event is set to be the biggest and best fireworks display ever.

Marking the 30th birthday of the theme park and with the famous Towers as the backdrop, the Alton Towers Resort Ultimate Fireworks promises to deliver a world class spectacular fireworks display, unique to the UK’s number 1 theme park.

What’s more, the theme park will remain open until 9pm providing guests with the opportunity to enjoy world beating rides and attractions into the night.

Alton Towers Resort’s famed firework displays were last held in November 2006 and will return for three fantastical nights on the 5th, 6th and 7th November 2010, so if you are looking for a great evening out for bonfire night, head to the 2010 Alton Towers Resort Ultimate Fireworks Event.
:D
AstroDan

Fantastic news! I cannot make clear how delighted I am with this announcement.