The Ultimate Fireworks: 5-7 November 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
spark

I'm thinking that these might be after scarefest and to only have selected rides operating etc,

AW has been popular, so this could make them even busier!
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

ABOUT BLOODY TIME! o/

This is going to be one very special year at Alton, I can see it. :mrgreen:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
DomB

[quote=""Spike""]ABOUT BLOODY TIME! o/

This is going to be one very special year at Alton, I can see it. :mrgreen:[/quote]

I agree Spike. 2010 is looking like it's going to be one of Alton's best for quite a while.
Also, I never did the Electric Towers event, so I really can't wait for this.

:)
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

They will probably only return this year as it's Alton's 30th Birthday, but still o/
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Mattia

Edward scissor hands theme for the beginning for the umpteenth time? :P
Nerdsticks

I think the Electric Towers might make a return as well as the fireworks at the same time, anyone seen the promotional picture on the Alton Towers website? There is electricity on oblivion suggesting the return of Electric Towers. Who knows? 8-[
Scarefest lunatic!
Mattia

That promotional has been around since 2008 with the electricity. It's just going with Oblivion's theme. :)

Electric Towers (as much as I would LOVE Electric Towers 2) would never return again. It's their 30th so most likely we'll see Alton through the years or something Birthday-related. :)
Nerdsticks

Oh okay, I feel stupid now :lol:
Scarefest lunatic!
Skumfidus

Oh come on Alton Towers, I'm going through a potential emigration and you do this to me!

2010 is looking to be fantastic, I actually feel a little fuzzy inside!
tidy_martin

the 3 days are going to be during adrlin week from what i have heared of the grape vine
AstroDan

The thing is, they aren't going to do this mid week in term time. So perhaps extend adrenalin week to the Sunday 7th Nov and fireworks, like Thorpe Blast used to be, could be 5-6-7 November!
Luke

I've always thought this was inevitable; a theme park the size of Alton should be holding both the Halloween & Fireworks events. Great news, and I can see it returning in future years, splitting it from the Halloween makes sense, because they'll have two massive & exclusive events.
CJH

My contract ends on the 7th November. Just thought I would add that!
Chris 21 Manchester
jamieoliver22

Awesome! I hope this is on at the same time as the Scarefest, so people aren't torn to decide which day to go.

[quote=""Islander""]I hasten to add that this is very unusual, and I doubt that in this case there's any truth in the story (Alton will have a little more money for their display than this one did, so things will probably be done much more carefully). But this is definitely not unheard of.[/quote]

I know someone that used to work on the Alton Towers fireworks shows, and he has told me some stories about how they set fireworks off... Lets just say, safey wasn't taken into consideration, that's for sure :lol:
stubpb

I have to say that im really really please with this news. The fireworks had been a massive part of the park and i have missed them since they left. I really cant wait to see them back and of course see the park jampacked as it was back in the good old days.
Woooooo the fireworks are back at Alton Towers i really cant wait....
robbob1991
Location: A Computer, A Room, A House, A Road, A Town, A County, A Country, A Planet, A Galexy, A Universe.

wooooooo finally there back! :D i used to love the fireworks and went every year!

And for people that keep blaming alton village for the fireworks going, it wasn't there fault, they liked them because of all the extra passing trade they got from them. It was due to noise restrictions being forced on the park due Stephen and Suzanne Roper, who live in Farley next to the theme park complaining about the noise and taking it all the way to court, twice!

[url=http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/le ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/le ... ticle.html[/url]

and also, on the first night of the last year they happened, there was a strong wind that was going over the lake which sent firework bits into the crowd. and there was a miss fire that went into the crowd. It happened to the right of the lake, about 15m away from where i was standing, and after that, the rest of that nights show was reduced in size but didn't stop. But lets hope that doesn't happen again.

But thank god there back! good one alton towers, and most likely merlin, for making them happen again, you have made a hell of a lot of people happy! and prob 2 people very upset.
Doopy Dan

This is wicked news!, sooooo glab to see them coming back, even if its for a season.

I do hope they go all out, like years gone by. With all the lighting, screens and effects and what not, it could be epic once more!
PeteB

Anyone know the approximate budgets for previous firework shows? Wonder what this years will be.
onair

This is great news. I also would prefer to see them at the end of the scarefest and think this could be more likely due to school holidays.
Adam

I'm sure they would do it as a stand alone event after Scarefest. Personally I think it will be on the Sat 6th and Sun 7th of November.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."