The Ultimate Fireworks: 5-7 November 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Voke

Ah okay Thanks :-) I was sure that wasn't right :hsmug:
JoshM

Will there be any ERT during the Fireworks event? I know there isn't any during Scarefest but i'm not too sure there is ERT during the Fireworks.
Voke

[quote=""JoshMillwardTV""]Will there be any ERT during the Fireworks event? I know there isn't any during Scarefest but i'm not too sure there is ERT during the Fireworks.[/quote]

Yep, ERT is available during the Firework's Event.
NickT04

[quote=""Voke""][quote=""JoshMillwardTV""]Will there be any ERT during the Fireworks event? I know there isn't any during Scarefest but i'm not too sure there is ERT during the Fireworks.[/quote]

Yep, ERT is available during the Firework's Event.[/quote]

I wouldn't be too sure about that? It would seem very odd and not to mention silly to not have ERT during Scaresfest, yet still have it during the Fireworks event despite the opening hours being the same.
Pennywise

To my knowledge, there is no ERT during the Firework event.
Voke

I got my information from the Alton Towers website. If you click on ERT on the tickets and prices section, this peice of text is in small text at the bottom.

Please note - Early Ride Time is not available during February Half-Term, Scarefest and 1 November 2010. If you book a main season Adult, Child or Family ticket online, you’ll benefit from Early Ride Time - enjoy a selection of the most popular rides and attractions 1 hour before the park opens. Early Ride Time for 2010 includes the following rides and attractions:

It only states the 1st November, not the 5th to the 7th.
Vik

There is no ERT during Fireworks, park is open 10am - 9pm. The information on their website is wrong, something which has already been brought to the attention of Alton Towers, but still has not been altered.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Themeparksandy1981

With its been a school day how busy do you guys/girls think the park will be on the 5th Nov?
Jordan

[quote=""Themeparksandy1981""]With its been a school day how busy do you guys/girls think the park will be on the 5th Nov?[/quote]

I would guess that it would be pretty quiet in the day, but would get extremely busy in the evening with it being Bonfire Night as well as a Friday night. :)
Jem8472

I am going to be at the towrs on the 5th :hsmile:
ciaran

I hope this really is the ultimate in fireworks displays because I missed scarefest for this :)
I wonder how many people will actually enter the park 20-30 thousand?
neonlights

Hi
does anybody know if they will leave the scarfest theming up for the fireworks?
it would be nice if they did and it would be even better if ToT was still running like back when they
ran the spooktacular and fireworks together.
James

Can't see theming being left up since the Fireworks and Scarefest are both being treated as separate events, there are a few days between Scarefest and the Fireworks so theming will most likely be taken down during these days.
Voke

And TOTT will not be running during the Fireworks. As Gosling said, they're two completley differant events.
buffaloBen

We know that Jubilee Fireworks (or otherwise know as Blastor Pastor) are organising this years fireworks event or at least providing the fireworks.

For this year’s Alton Towers display there was a month of pre-planning for three shows, including preparing the fireworks, meetings and organising the music.
Mr Pearce said: “We will have 10 technicians on site for the whole week to prepare and arrange the displays.

“We are talking about three 20-minute displays and it will effectively take a crew of 10 people a whole week of 13-hour days.
Read the article http://www.birminghampost.net/birmingha ... -27522282/
Stern John

Well I just got back from Legoland fireworks and they were amazing. Its the first time Ive been so I have nothing to compare them to but I was expecting them to be alot quieter as it's aimed at kids.
The finale was intense to say the least, very impressed.
Hope this is a taste of what's to come at Alton, cant wait! :hsmile:
Johno

Legoland's fireworks are fantastic.

Last time I went, the storyline was good, imaginative and the fireworks spectacular.
Wes

I just hope that the themed lighting will remain on the rides for this event.
Altonator

I'm sure the lighting on the towers shall remain hope the rest does :D
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Stern John

Was wondering why they close the water rides when it's dark?
When we were at Legoland for the fireworks the Pirate Falls log flume re-opened after the fireworks until around 9pm.
The rapids however closed about 5:30pm and didn't reopen after.