The Ultimate Fireworks: 5-7 November 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Deleted

Thing is, displays over water (Thorpe Blast) always look good, FACT

Not only can you normally see the firing sites better, but you get the reflection and the chance to use water batterys!! (which are just amazing)

But, no doubt it will be a good display none the less, I'm hoping to get on this show too, so don't blame me if it all goes pete tong!
Dormiens-Dave

Krynns right firework displays over water always look fantastic, and towers have never to my knowledge ever done a bad fireworks show.

I suppose if its a success and brings the numbers in without displacing too many from scarefest this could become a yearly fixture.
AstroDan

Electric Towers was a fantastic show that suffered from technical problems on the first evening (Friday) when a lot of the fireworks failed to ignite. This meant the ending was really poor! Thankfully they went all out the next two nights.

Here's to a great three displays again.
NickT04

[quote=""AstroDan""]Electric Towers was a fantastic show that suffered from technical problems on the first evening (Friday) when a lot of the fireworks failed to ignite. This meant the ending was really poor! Thankfully they went all out the next two nights.

Here's to a great three displays again.[/quote]

A lack of wind didn't help either. I remember the smoke just hanging in the air in front of the display!
Mattia

I loved Electric Towers, it was really special in so many ways.

Really hoping this years has a strong storyline and a good feel. Not just a "wooo loads of bangin' tunes and YEAH!" feel.
AstroDan

I sense some similarity to DMP's 2009 fireworks, which was for their jubilee year. The show went through their history.

:)
Jon

To be quite honest...the park don't exactly need to heavily advertise this. Firework nights at Alton Towers have a phenominal reputation for selling themselves and ramming the guests in like nothing else.

Expect queues, but a fantastic night.
Formerly "Dagoo"
AstroDan

Best queue ever - Nemesis following Electric Towers display. The MASSES that headed to ride at 7.30pm via the access road behind Rapids, which resulted in a 90 minute queue -but a DJ playing bangin' 90's tunes (you know who you are!) made for an incredible atmosphere.

DR JONES, JONES... CALLING DR. JONES!
SheikhSam

After my stupidity moment, I get it now, and that would be Ultimate, just hopefully not in Morwenna's terms
:P
Moley

[quote=""AstroDan""]Best queue ever - Nemesis following Electric Towers display. The MASSES that headed to ride at 7.30pm via the access road behind Rapids, which resulted in a 90 minute queue -but a DJ playing bangin' 90's tunes (you know who you are!) made for an incredible atmosphere.

DR JONES, JONES... CALLING DR. JONES![/quote]
Riding Nemesis to the sound of Steps' 5-6-7-8 is an experience that will stay with me forever. :P
Stern John

[quote=""AstroDan""]Best queue ever - Nemesis following Electric Towers display. The MASSES that headed to ride at 7.30pm via the access road behind Rapids, which resulted in a 90 minute queue -but a DJ playing bangin' 90's tunes (you know who you are!) made for an incredible atmosphere.

DR JONES, JONES... CALLING DR. JONES![/quote]
I was one of them!
The atmosphere in the pit that night was fantastic, the whole queue was open which meant we could get some great pictures of the ride from various angles. She was on fire that night, never have I witnessed her running so well and roaring so loud! Nemesis in the dark, on the front listening to Children of the Night, belter!
Ive just booked into Ashbourne travelodge for the 6th November for £19, bargain!
Anyone fancy guessing what the situation will be with Annual Passes?
Rob L

When you search "fireworks" on Towers' website, there are now a few links to what seem to be the promotional images being used for the fireworks. This seems to be the main promotional image:

That version of it is very small, but I must say I do rather like it! I look forward to seeing a bigger version of it in the future!

Wes

M A G IC! :mrgreen:
AstroDan

All I can say is...

Indeed! Love the image, would make a nice wallpaper haha!

:D
John

There's another image there in two parts, so here it is joined together.

Basically the same as the one Rob posted, but 'taller'. This could be for use on poster boards inside the park.
AstroDan

RE: Annual Passes.

I expect an admin charge of £5.00. On this occasion, I will 100% purchase as these events are popular! I will probably go after work on Friday, and then again for the Official Meet on Sunday.

Chris W

Full Fireworks page is now on the website:

[url=http://www.altontowers.com/events/fireworks-event/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowers.com/events/fireworks-event/[/url]
Alton Towers Resort is to hold the ultimate fireworks event with what is set to be it’s biggest and best fireworks display ever. The extraordinary event celebrates the launch of the Resort’s ultimate new rollercoaster, TH13TEEN, and marks the 30th birthday of the Theme Park. It will run over three nights between 5-7 November 2010.

With the famous Towers as the backdrop, the event promises to deliver a world class spectacular fireworks display, unique to the UK’s number 1 Theme Park. What’s more, the theme park will remain open until 9pm* providing guests with the opportunity to enjoy world beating rides and attractions into the night.

Visit the grand finale of the 30 years of Alton Towers Theme Park celebration year at the ultimate fireworks event.

Book online now

*Selected rides will close at 3:30pm during the Fireworks Event days
themealgang

SO happy about this! :clap: The last firework display in 2006 was mind blowing and I just hope that Alton pull it out of the bag yet again. I also hope that the Nemesis disco makes a return, but we will just have to see about that one...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
e4kenndr

cant see annual pass ticket for a £5 or anything on that site yet - what i don't understand is what is "to capacity" ... in what figures are we talking through the gates here?

And surely they can't just turn people away after many have traveled for hours to get there?

If any1 can find larger images of the key visuals for this please post them! Make amazing wallpaper! :-)
Vik

Maximum capacity is around 30,000 guests. (Give or take a couple of thousand! :D )

In the unlikely event on them reaching capacity then anyone who hasn't got a pre-booked ticket, or as is likely to be the case with AP holders, guaranteed their entrance, then you will be turned away. The fact that people have pre-booked either tickets or guaranteed entry, but haven't yet arrived will be taken in to account when judging if the park is at capacity or not.

There is no confirmation yet as to whether AP holders will have to pay a fee to guarantee entry, but as it will no doubt be a very popular event and could just very possibly reach capacity, then I would guess this would come in to being.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel