Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
ryanlovesaltontowers

hello
im going the park on july 22nd and its a school trip
my friend wanted to know how many kids would fit in a flume bathtub because theres 6 of us in my group! [-o<
Titters

I'm pretty sure it's 5 - you could do a 3 and a 3?
elmerfudd

^Yup its 5, and thats at abit of a squeeze
pompeymich

Anybody know if you can get the free refills topped up in the hotels at all?
I\'m not overweight, just under-tall!
Talia74

Hi, does anyone know how much Flambos is in the evening for the all you can eat? I think its around £20? for adults but need to know how much for children (really hoping its cheaper as 2 of my children eat next to nothing!)
also does anyone know if they do the height wristbands for 120cm, as my 6year old is this exact height, i know when we went last year my other daughter had a pink band as she was just a fraction over 140
many thanks
Nemesis9

Hi, had anybody been recently on a school day? (Mon - Fri of course :P )
If so what were the que times like and would it be worth getting a fast track pass at all? Seen as it is a school day.
bigphilwest

What time do food and drink outlets close if ride close time is 6:30? Is there a good place for a picnic after ride close time?
Next Trip: I don\'t know :S
Blaze

[quote=""Nemesis9""]Hi, had anybody been recently on a school day? (Mon - Fri of course :P )
If so what were the que times like and would it be worth getting a fast track pass at all? Seen as it is a school day.[/quote]
Not too bad, but someone else went on the same day and had big ones. It may be worth getting the thrill fastpass, maybe with the Rita add-on, but if you go for Early Ride Time, you should get on everything at least once.
wicky_woo

How far in advance will the prices be up for the hotel next Feb?, Thinking about half term but would need to book at least 6 months in advance to organise care staff for my Fiance. Prices are not up yet as it keeps saying sold out but obviously it isn't
Thanks Vicky
Islander

365 days of Alton goodness. Think of it as an Annual Pass (which it is), and not a Season Pass (which it technically is not) :).

For future reference, use the quick questions thread for questions like this, rather than starting new threads :)
Lorenashley

Where did John Wardley do his presentation on Thirteen? I thought it was the hotel at first but Im sure I can hear faint screams in the background...?
SAW_gameover

It was in the Hospitality Suite, next to Sonic Spinball
http://www.ukparknews.co.uk
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

pompeymich

[quote=""wicky_woo""]How far in advance will the prices be up for the hotel next Feb?, Thinking about half term but would need to book at least 6 months in advance to organise care staff for my Fiance. Prices are not up yet as it keeps saying sold out but obviously it isn't
Thanks Vicky[/quote]

I would try phoning up the reservations team, who can deal more easily with more difficult requests, and are very helpful.
I\'m not overweight, just under-tall!
wicky_woo

Thanks Pompeymich :) I'll give them a ring
Anthony

Does anyone know if the cash machines on site charge for withdrawals?

I've not used them before, cheers!
TheOneWho

[quote=""Dorsia""]Does anyone know if the cash machines on site charge for withdrawals?

I've not used them before, cheers![/quote]

The ones just inside Towers Street (immediately left after the turnstiles) don't charge, but I'm not sure about any of the others.
Groovee

[quote=""Talia74""]Hi, does anyone know how much Flambos is in the evening for the all you can eat? I think its around £20? for adults but need to know how much for children (really hoping its cheaper as 2 of my children eat next to nothing!)[/quote]

Flambo's was £17.95 per adult and £8.95 per child. Though one of our children went through at £1.95. He's 110cm and we think they thought he was younger than he is. He ate more than we did!
Louise
luke-rock-on

Hello guys+girls :)

I'm heading off to Alton on Wednesday :D I have a USB Wristband, but it is from Thorpe Park...
If I took that along do you think they would put my pictures on that or just be money stealers like they often are and make me buy an Alton Towers one? :?

Thanks in advance :D
Keira

What counts as a child at the AT hotel?
Altonator

I think it's 12 years and under :?:
Can you get annual pass discount in Katanga Canyon Pizza Pasta?
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek