Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Hark

I think the place you're referring to is Blackbrook Zoo...

[url=http://www.blackbrookzoo.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.blackbrookzoo.co.uk/[/url]

I've never been there myself, but have passed it on many occasions.
henry96

Hi there,
I was wondering whether it'd be better to buy the ride photopass or just print out the offer from the website?

Also, are they still selling ERT at the entrance? I think they did last year.. another thing, are they still selling 'Scream Ultimate' Fasttrack? I've heard about it but it's not advertised on the website.

Finally, is there any way to change your avatar and signature on here from a file? I don't mean to sound stupid, but it says you need a link :?

Thanks in advance :D
Tonka_UK

Hey, I was wondering about Alton Towers Halloween Scarefest 2010, are you allowed to wear fancy dress, is it popular, and are there any restrictions?
Would it be a good idea to book the hotel now? Because we're thinking of going on the 31st, and staying over night...
Mattia

You are allowed to wear fancy dress but you're not allowed to wear any form of mask or have any props with you either as it's against Alton Towers' safety policy.

As always, 31st is a popular date so best to book as soon as possible. :)

Hope this helps. :)
Tonka_UK

[quote=""Mattia""]You are allowed to wear fancy dress but you're not allowed to wear any form of mask or have any props with you either as it's against Alton Towers' safety policy.

As always, 31st is a popular date so best to book as soon as possible. :)

Hope this helps. :)
[/quote]

I'm aware about the props thing yeah,so makeup/face paints is acceptable yeah? No limits on how horrible/scary it is what with their being children around or anything? and do many people bother?

Thanks for moving my post to the relevant topic, and the response.
Mattia

Yeah, many people go all out with their faces. You should be absolutely fine and yes, some people do scarefest-afy themselves. :)
amyajw

:uk:

My sister recieved 2 free tickets from the sun but is unable to go due to work commitments would it be ok for her to give the tickets to me and my partner so that we could go instead?
Tonka_UK

I would imagine if the free tickets don't have a specific name on them then it's okay, if they do then I dunno. best bet would be to contact Alton Towers' itself.
SAW_gameover

[quote=""amyajw""]:uk:

My sister recieved 2 free tickets from the sun but is unable to go due to work commitments would it be ok for her to give the tickets to me and my partner so that we could go instead?[/quote]

As long as you aren't paying for the free ticket, Alton cannot do anything, as it wouldn't be ticket touting. Just be wary if you ever buy free tickets off ebay, as Alton do check for them and cancel the barcodes.
http://www.ukparknews.co.uk
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

Starlight expresser

hey guys,
how much usually are the themed rooms at the hotel? (chocolate room, imperial leather etc). It states that you have to phone up to enquire but id rather have an idea so that its not awkward on the phone if its too much money. I will be booking for 2 people sharing a room, im interested in the room with the hippo and sky theme (think its silent night room or something)

cheers

Andy
spike1911

far too much in my opinion
Chris W

At a weekend and without Annual Pass discount your probably looking around £300 - £350 per room per night.

Of course prices will vary depending on when you go, only the booking line can give you an accurate price.

Also, they are booked up during busy periods many months in advance.
spike1911

Booked in to the Trough Ivy House for 3 nights during scarefest. It was much cheaper than AT hotel and its right outside the park. Anyone else stayed here?
Last edited by spike1911 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOneWho

[quote=""spike1911""]Booked in to the Trough Ivy House for 3 nights during scarefest. It was much cheaper than AT hotel and its right outside the park. Anyone else stayed here?[/quote]

Yeah, I stayed there last week. It was quite nice. Bed was comfy, en-suite, freeview TV and a DVD player. Also very handy if you are travelling by public transport like I did, but car is good as well since you can leave it there and walk the couple of minutes to the park. Is there anything you want to know specifically?
Joe-07

Slightly off topic, but does anybody know what time the toilets open in Gloomy Wood?

:)
forgetfulgirl

Never stayed at the hotel before, does the monorail go to the hotel after stopping at the park?
forgetfulgirl

I have a disability that hinders how long I can stand for, I've read that I can get a wristband that allows me to go to rides without standing in the main queue line. Last time I went to AT was at least 5 years ago, and I remember having to stand in line waiting to get on the monorail to the park.

Since I now have difficulty standing for a long time, I'm just wondering is there a way round the queuing for the monorail like there is for the rides?
AstroDan

I actually do not know regarding the Monorail - although you really won't wait long for it even if the queue is outside (it's around 5-10 minutes from the entrance to the building). I presume you go up the exit, though? Unsure!
djtruefitt

If you have a blue badge for your car you can park in the car park right next to the main enterance to the park so you wont need to use the monorail at all.
forgetfulgirl

[quote=""AstroDan""]I actually do not know regarding the Monorail - although you really won't wait long for it even if the queue is outside (it's around 5-10 minutes from the entrance to the building). I presume you go up the exit, though? Unsure![/quote]
I'm not sure, this is the first time I'm going and having to use the disabled wristbands. So I've no idea how I even avoid the queues on the rides, nevermind the monorail :D

[quote=""djtruefitt""]If you have a blue badge for your car you can park in the car park right next to the main enterance to the park so you wont need to use the monorail at all.[/quote]

I'm using public transport to get there so will have to use the monorail. Thanks for your help, though!

Got another question (sorry for so many, I've been to Alton Towers many a time, but this is a first after becoming disabled.)I think I posted this originally in the wrong section):

I'm staying overnight at the hotel, is there any added benefits to buying the tickets and the hotel as a package over buying them separately? I can get the tickets cheaper separately, but wanted to know if there were any good reasons to buy a hotel package.