Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
AstroDan

A new decade and so a new Quick Questions topic, now wrapped up on the international stage as "QQ2010". For those of you who don't know, here's the lowdown:

What's this all about then?
The Quick Questions topic is designed to do exactly what it says on the tin. If you've got a question that doesn't really need much discussion, more a quick one post answer, then post it in here and one of our ever-friendly and most very attractive members will try and respond with an answer.

It's to try and keep things a bit more tidy and clutter free so that important discussion topics stay neatly on one page.

Useful links

The Official Alton Towers Resort Website
Contains official information about your stay or day visit

TowersTimes News
Frequently updated with the latest news from Alton Towers Resort

TowersTimes
A link to our main home page - the best Alton Towers source in the world!

Quick Questions 2009
A link to last year's Quick Questions thread, for a bit of light reading!

Thirteen: Official Website
Alton Towers' own page for their new rollercoaster, Thirteen!

DON'T FORGET
We have a great deal of information on park opening times, public transport access information and more in our Alton Towers Trip Planning thread - find it here

:D
Maddie

hello everyone :D new to the site and first post!

iv been bought an alton towers annual pass for christmas from my mother, i sorted all the paper work out, and made sure my name was on the back of the photo etc etc. the annual pass comes back to me with my photo on, but my mothers (wrongly spelled) name on it!

is it going to be more trouble than its worth trying to change it, or will it cause probelms when it comes to booking hotels and getting the discount?

Last edited by Maddie on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taker316

Does anyone the ERT line up for this year?
R.I.P CORKSCREW R.I.P
1980-2008
AstroDan

Maddie
You won't have problems with the name re: discounts, but if you are at the park, I would pop in, explain what has happened, I am sure they will change it for you - free of charge.

Taker316
All we know is that ERT will be returning, but we're on the lookout for the information! As soon as it is published, we'll post it as news on TowersTimes front page.

:)
NickReid

Hi there!

I bought an annual pass last night cause it was on offer, and it says i have to pick it up from the annual pass office at AT. And it doesn't open till march, is there any other way to get it, or do i have to wait till then? it seems like a waste of 2 months otherwise.

Can anyone help me out? x

cheers
Dean

Your 12 month's will not start until you collect your pass from Alton Towers.

Your first chance to collect your pass will be the 13th February , when the park is open for Half Term.

Otherwise from 20th March onwards...
Vik

the AP office has been open during Feb 1/2 term before now, this year should be no different, given the number of passes that expire in February. So if you plan on going then, you will be able to collect it. Also the pass is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, not when you purchase it. So you will still get 12 months out of it even if you can not pick it up until March. :D

Edit

Dean beat me to it :P
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

NickReid

:D thankyou very much!
lagolfer09

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are planning a trip for my birthday and trying to deciede which hotel...any suggestions?

Thanks
Maddie

iv always stayed on the resort, i know its more expensive, but the breakfasts are delicious and all you can eat, plus you can take advantage of all the perks of staying in the hotel such as ert. iv stayed in both and the alton towers hotel is better IMHO. off the resort im not sure
lagolfer09

I am planning on staying at the resort, we have a couple of times, but wasnt sure whether to try the splash landings as we have only stayed in the alton towers hotel before
Maddie

go for it if you havnt stayed there before :), it isnt awful or anything, i just prefer the themeing of the alton towers hotel. :mrgreen:
wez87

Can someone please tell me why submission never has both sides going? Even with MASSIVE queues they refuse to put them both on :?:
And don't you think it's time for it to go...
James6

It's not like they don't want to, they can't. There are various rumours why, too little power in X Sector, but most accepted one is a part that is no longer made is needed to make both sides work. Also for how often it has a huge queue, or in fact any queue at all is quite rare, so wouldn't be worth it.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Dormiens-Dave

The often quoted reason for not using both sides is that it struggles to "park" at the end of the sequence. Don't think they have ever found a cure and to be honest there isn;t the demand to do so.
Keira

If you're registered disabled, do you get a free "carers" pass if you buy an AP?

And also, how much are AP's for this coming season?
Jaycey_18

Carers passes are nothing to do with AP's

You can only get carer passes if you go to the park with someone who is registered disabled, but some places only allow a certain amount of carers per disabled person on the ride...i.e Legoland, most of the rides there are based on 1 disabled person and up to 3 carers on the ride

But to get the passes you need to go to the guest services office and show your disabled badge to receive your passes
BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
Vik

[quote=""Keira""]If you're registered disabled, do you get a free "carers" pass if you buy an AP?

And also, how much are AP's for this coming season?[/quote]

With a disabled Annual Pass you do get a complimentary Carers Pass with it.

Prices for Merin Passes this year are £150 (£75 until Friday) or £100 renewal.

For Alton Towers Passes the price is now £89, they do not list a renewal price, but last year the renewal price was £66.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

wicky_woo

Random question not sure if it's been mentioned before but seeings as Ug land and Rita are getting made over , will they change the holes on Extraordinary Golf ? :?:
NF2

Possibly, I know it closed a few weeks go for maintenance, but whether it has reopened yet or had new holes installed, I have no idea i'm afraid :(

I expect if anybody is at the resort anytime soon they will pass comment, however I don't expet many TTFers would particularly want to go to the Charlie and Lola Weekend :lol: