Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
adrenalinejunkie

I went with 2 Sun tickets in May and bought 2 'Towers 2' tickets for return any day of the season with no problems so I would assume the same can be done with the next day tickets. Hope this helps & enjoy your days.
prittykat

thanks so much, btw did you buy your Sun tickets or did you just get them free? I bought some on ebay, but not sure they'll be valid after reading all the stuff on this site about AT blocking them, so we're taking a 2 for 1 ticket just in case
Big Dave

Sonic walks around the towers street area most mornings and afternoons. The times are printed on the park map on the back page, although these are only rough times.
prittykat

If I buy a ticket for someone, can I leave it somewhere ROP, for them to collect? There's 2 cars of people going down, we're getting there for like 9am, the others around 11-12. Can I leave the park to give the other person their ticket? Or can I leave it with someone, or in a locker perhaps? Any ideas :(

Thanks
Last edited by prittykat on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Islander

[quote=""prittykat""]for them to collect? There's 2 cars of people going down, we're getting there for like 9am, the others around 11-12. Can I leave the park to give the other person their ticket? Or can I leave it with someone, or in a locker perhaps? Any ideas :(

Thanks[/quote]
Just leave the park to give it to them. Make sure you get a hand-stamp, then you'll be re-admitted.
linzimoo6

[quote=""Big Dave""]Sonic walks around the towers street area most mornings and afternoons. The times are printed on the park map on the back page, although these are only rough times.[/quote]

Thank you so much! I even posted the same question on the alton towers facebook page and no one replied :(

Thank you though, i shall try make my way there at them times!
Big Dave

Just checked the park map and its not on there, but Im pretty certain it will be on the entertainments guide. Normally its first thing in the morning and then again just before ride close.
mitch1e

Just wanted to know, are you allowed to wear open toe shoes and flip flops on rides ( i have seen people in bare feet on nemesis and air), but was just wondering bout other rides.

Also any ideas what the q times will be like beginning of August, I saw on FB that someone qued for over 3 hours for Rita, don't know if that was exaggerated or due to beak downs or school trips.
Image THANKS TO JLTON
henry96

Hi, I'm just wondering, with the morning rush and all, which was is the quickest way to Th13teen? :)
Would it be through mutiny bay then cut left before hex,
Or past spinball and then do the same when I get to DF?
Michaél

mitch1e, the only other ride I can think of which you would probably need to take your flip flops or toe shoes off on would be Oblivion all the other rides have your feet firmly on the floor and there would be hardly any risk of them coming off. A ride opp may ask you to take that type of footwear off due to evacuation precautions but I can't confirm that. Not the best of foot wear to be walking around Alton with considering the size but why not, eh? :D

Queues are always longer in the summer months, it will be quieter on the week days but it will almost definitely be heaving as all the schools are off by then (pretty much) and generally the park is busier during the school holidays.

henry96, it is faster to go the Spinball route and cut across the grass behind the lake in front of the Towers as you essentially only go one length of the triangle (of paths) around the lake; the Mutiny Bay route means you have to do two sides of the triangle.

Hope that helps.
.Will

[quote=""henry96""]Hi, I'm just wondering, with the morning rush and all, which was is the quickest way to Th13teen? :)
Would it be through mutiny bay then cut left before hex,
Or past spinball and then do the same when I get to DF?

Well Th13teen isn't on ERT, so if you have an annual pass or are staying in the hotel and you have ERT, I suggest if you want to get to Th13teen about 15 minutes before ERT ends so get there about 9:45. This gives you time to go and do something else like Oblivion or Nemesis. If not then just run! Don't bother with the sky ride, but both paths are pretty similar, but going past Adventure Land and X-Sector is probably the quickest but it is the busyest, so its really up to you personally, I always go past Mutiny Bay and turn right by Flume then head up that path to the Dark Forest, but thats just me!

:D
Vik

Just to note, on Oblivion, regardless of the type of footwear you are wearing, you are required to wear them. Anyone who does take footwear off are normally told to put them back on. A couple of months back we waited nearly five minutes for some girl to put her shoes back on and constantly tie, untie and re-tie her laces. Much to the annoyance of ride ops and people in the queue.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

CoasterFan878

Hi guys,

I'm bringing a few mates to AT tomorrow and they have never been on Thirteen before. I'm not too bothered about Thirteen in the first place and if possible I would like to avoid the lenghty que.

Therefore I was wondering whether fast track tickets for thirteen are available now?

Much appreciated.
Last edited by CoasterFan878 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James

[quote=""CoasterFan878""]Hi guys,

I'm bringing a few mates to AT tomorrow and they have never been on Thirteen before. I'm not to bothered about Thirteen in the first place and if possible I would like to avoid the lenghty que.

Therefore I was wondering whether fast track tickets for thirteen are available now?

Much appreciated.[/quote]

Yep, Fastrack tickets are now available and are priced at £5 each. :)
CoasterFan878

Thanks a lot mate. :)
swes

I heard that thirteen was closed today, but unsure if this is true. Can anyone help?
Alton Towers where wonders never cease
Anonymous

Hi All,

I booked tickets tonight online for TP for a group of 4 of us. However, the date on the confirmation is tommorow even though I clicked for Monday. Will TP allow me to change the date or will I be lumbered with 4 useless tickets?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Thanks,

Jayson
IAmJohnnyDisco

Alright, I may sound a bit stupid here, but where abouts are the Fastrack Queues? On my next visit I plan on purchasing a Fastrack Scream and I don't really know where I go. I heard it's at the exit of Nemesis, but what about Oblivion and Air? Thanks.
Joelio

[quote=""IAmJohnnyDisco""]Alright, I may sound a bit stupid here, but where abouts are the Fastrack Queues? On my next visit I plan on purchasing a Fastrack Scream and I don't really know where I go. I heard it's at the exit of Nemesis, but what about Oblivion and Air? Thanks.[/quote]

For oblivion its just to the left of the standard entrance.
For Rita its just to the right of where you'd nomally enter (next to Single Riders I think (heck even I don't know).
For Nemesis its just to the right of the entrance (if you're lost ask a member of staff).
For Air its just to the right of the main entrance (look out for 3 small lanes of people).

If in doubt though ask a member of staff and they'll be happy to help :)
IAmJohnnyDisco

Thanks! :)