Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheJamesS

was wondering if anyone knew if the collection office was open this weekend as was thinking of going sunday to collect cant find anything on the net about opening hours etc help appreciated !
Dean

was wondering if anyone knew if the collection office was open this weekend as was thinking of going sunday to collect cant find anything on the net about opening hours etc help appreciated !
The next chance to pick up your pass will be 13th Feb...

---- Post Info Added ----

[quote=""Vik""]For Alton Towers Passes the price is now £89, they do not list a renewal price, but last year the renewal price was £66.[/quote]

The Renewal Price is listed on the site priced at £75...
TheJamesS

i think il be getting the merlin pass as its cheaper than the alton one and gives you more ! win win in my book! :clap:
Dean

[quote=""TheJamesS""]i think il be getting the merlin pass as its cheaper than the alton one and gives you more ! win win in my book! :clap:[/quote]

Only until 15th Jan... 8)
Vik

Though if you get the voucher, you have 10 months in which to exchange it.

Also, whilst the main Alton Towers site shows the Alton Towers pass as £75, when you go to the booking site, it is £89, and no online renewal option.

As there seems to be a number of questions about the Merlin Annual Pass at the moment, it may be worth mentioning the Merlin AP Officaial Facebook page . Merlin are currently answering peoples queries. (During office hours of course :D )

Also, more information is available from Merlin Annual Pass site
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

TheJamesS

[quote=""Dean""][quote=""TheJamesS""]i think il be getting the merlin pass as its cheaper than the alton one and gives you more ! win win in my book! :clap:[/quote]

Only until 15th Jan... 8)[/quote]

i know ordering in tomorow !
chris.1980

Hi,
Is it possible to change alton towers AP from a senior one to a disabled one, my mum bought a senior pass in august but has recently become diabled.
Hark

[quote=""chris.1980""]Hi,
Is it possible to change alton towers AP from a senior one to a disabled one, my mum bought a senior pass in august but has recently become diabled.[/quote]

As far as I'm aware you can't do that until the pass expires or you want to re-new. Maybe pop into the annual pass team when you next visit for more info and advice?
Thom

This is a bit random but does anyone have a large version (wallpaper size) of this image:

I remember there being a large version on the old Alton Towers Press site, but no-where seems to have it now!

Thanks in advance :)

Thom...
Merlin

[quote=""Keira""]If you're registered disabled, do you get a free "carers" pass if you buy an AP?

And also, how much are AP's for this coming season?[/quote]

Yes you do get a free Alton Towers or Merlin "Carers" Pass for a disable person.

My wife is disable. All info can be found on the Alton Towers Web site.

I only pay £37.50 for my Merlin Pass using Club Card Reward point voucher sheme (from a well known supermarket chain), In my opinion it is the cheapest way to purchase one.
Maddie

Hello :D

just looking into booking for the 2010 scarefest (i know its early!) online and how you go about securing the 20% discount with the annual pass.

is there any way to book online with the discount or do you need to ring and book over the phone?

also ... could i get a cheeky extra 20% off because both of us staying over have annual passes? (i realise this is a long shot, but having never owned an annual pass before its all a bit new to me)

Mankey

Just phone up and say you have an annual pass, they'll ask for the pass ID Number. Sadly it doesn't work over the website yet!

And again, no sadly :( No extra 20% off... only for the one booking!
Back from hibernation!
MintAlton

Do hotel guest get fast track tickets?

I only ask this because when we went in October we were given fast track tikcets.We had been on park all day and were given the tickets when we checked in in the evening.Lucky we were able to use them the next day because we decided to spend another day day in the park rather than going home first thing.

If i had known about these tickets we would of checked in when we arrived in the morning.
Hark

[quote=""MintAlton""]Do hotel guest get fast track tickets?

I only ask this because when we went in October we were given fast track tikcets.We had been on park all day and were given the tickets when we checked in in the evening.Lucky we were able to use them the next day because we decided to spend another day day in the park rather than going home first thing.

If i had known about these tickets we would of checked in when we arrived in the morning.[/quote]

Normally, No. However during the Scarefest season there is no ERT, due to extended Ride Close time and therefore all hotel guests were offered a fasttrack to compensate.

Hope this helps!
Mankey

Anyone know the exact opening times of Cariba during feb? I've heard it closes at 5pm, but thats it! :|
Back from hibernation!
ATR09

During half term weeks it's open 10 - 6 everyday*. But outside these times it's back to the usual opening.

Mon - Thurs: 11 - 4
Friday, Sat: 10 - 6
Sunday: 10 - 5

*Subject to change.
Mankey

Ah right thats not too bad :D Cheers!
Back from hibernation!
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Is the park only open of hotel guests in Feb?
Dormiens-Dave

[quote=""alex tyler""]Is the park only open of hotel guests in Feb?[/quote]

During feb half term its open to everyone but theres limited ride availability (not too limited though)
James

Does anyone on here know roughly how many people Alton employ yearly?

It doesn't need to be exact, i just need to know roughly how many people Alton employee for my ICT coursework.

:)