Alton Towers 2010 Recruitment Drive

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Vik

Just a heads up for anyone whos interested in wanting to work at Alton Towers. They have now started their recruitment drive for the 2010 season.

You can view and apply for any vacancies online Here. Rates appear to start from £5.92 per hour.
850 jobs on offer with theme park
Thursday, December 31, 2009, 09:20

ALTON Towers has around 850 jobs up for grabs as it prepares for the new season.

The resort has began its annual recruitment drive earlier this year because of plans to open part of the attraction for the February half-term.

It means hundreds of jobs are now being advertised online, with 28 different types of jobs available.

Alton Towers's human resources manager Jo Winfield said: "The annual recruitment process is starting even earlier than usual because we are opening selected rides during February half-term.

"Even though we then close until the middle of March, we aim to be fully recruited well in advance to allow time for all the necessary induction and role specific training, and with 850 positions to fill, we need as much time as possible."

Jobs on offer include posts in food outlets, ride operators, retail staff and animal information hosts to give talks in the SeaLife Centre.

People interested in applying need to fill in an application form on the resort's job website.

Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to an assessment day.

Ms Winfield added: "As is always the case, most of the positions are customer facing so we have very definitive recruitment requirements to ensure we get the right people.

"We are looking for enthusiastic, outgoing, confident individuals who want to work somewhere fun and exciting and who don't mind a bit of hard work."

The first assessment day will be held on January 4 and they will then be held daily during the week and every other weekend until the park opens on March 20.

Last year, 15,895 application forms were received for the 800 jobs on offer with 1,633 going through to assessments.

Recruitment bosses at the resort are contacting those who worked there last season to see if they want to return but new people will have a number of ways of applying.

The resort's 2010 season is already surrounded in great excitement with a new £15 million roller-coaster, Thirteen, claiming to be the scariest ride in the UK.

Ride enthusiasts have been speculating for months what would replace the Corkscrew ride and the theme park made the revelation earlier this month Thirteen will be themed around a burial chamber.
Source: Stoke Sentinal
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Jaycey_18

I sent my application in in December from the website, keeping my fingers crossed! I worked there for the 2006 season so hopefully I'll get it again cause it was the best job I've ever done
BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
MintAlton

How is it working at Alton?
Jaycey_18

AMAZING!
BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
Anonymous

So. 12p over the Minimum wage if over 21?

Surely the long hours, working in all conditions and funding a multi-million pound business is worth more per hour?
Jaycey_18

I suppose

But when you actually enjoy your job, I don't think it bothers you too much

I'd rather work somewhere I enjoy than doing something I have to tolerate or hate
BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
AstroDan

It staggers me that the host/op rate hasn't yet gone to 6 pounds. Just as well they have commited staff who'd do anything for them.
Anonymous

Got a phone call from Alton Towers today, they want me in on Thursday for an interview :)

Already got a job, but I've an open mind to be honest! See how it goes...
Anyone else going Thursday?

I'm interviewing for Thrill Ride Host btw :mrgreen:
Jaycey_18

I want them to phone me :(
BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
Anonymous

[quote=""Jaycey_18""]I want them to phone me :([/quote]
What job role did you go for?
Jaycey_18

Thrill Ride Operator/Host

I might have missed my call today cause I had my phone on silent lol
BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
Anonymous

Nice one.

Why did u get missed from unknown?
Mind you, they might be getting people from stoke area first.
Jaycey_18

Yeah it was a call from unknown

I'll give them a ring tomorrow day time unless they ring me

*fingers crossed*
BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
jomo1993

[quote=""BrettS""]Got a phone call from Alton Towers today, they want me in on Thursday for an interview :)

I'm interviewing for Thrill Ride Host btw :mrgreen:[/quote]

Me too, but my interview is next wednesday.

Does anyone know how long the interviews and assesments take
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
And.

[quote=""jomo1993""][quote=""BrettS""]Got a phone call from Alton Towers today, they want me in on Thursday for an interview :)

Does anyone know how long the interviews and assesments take[/quote]

It depends on the job you're applying for. Anything from 3-7 hours.

If it's an all day assessment centre, then they usually provide lunch for you.
jomo1993

[quote=""And.""][quote=""jomo1993""][quote=""BrettS""]Got a phone call from Alton Towers today, they want me in on Thursday for an interview :)

Does anyone know how long the interviews and assesments take[/quote]

It depends on the job you're applying for. Anything from 3-7 hours.

If it's an all day assessment centre, then they usually provide lunch for you.[/quote]

KK tar for that.
Also does anyone know what a ride hot assesment/interview will involve
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
CJH

I have just had my call.
9AM Wednesday 13th at Magic HQ.

Woop!

Ride operator position applied for.
He said it will consist of a group task, then a 1-on-1 interview. Said it will take most of the day.

Only problem is:

I live in Manchester, so will have to get a train to Stoke, then one from Stoke to Uttox, then the bus. But the busses aint running that early! :(
So looks like i'm out!
Chris 21 Manchester
jomo1993

[quote=""CJH""]I have just had my call.
9AM Wednesday 13th at Magic HQ.

Woop!

Ride operator position applied for.
He said it will consist of a group task, then a 1-on-1 interview. Said it will take most of the day.

Only problem is:

I live in Manchester, so will have to get a train to Stoke, then one from Stoke to Uttox, then the bus. But the busses aint running that early! :(
So looks like i'm out![/quote]

WOW my interview is on the 13th - but i was told to be there for 9:30
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
CJH

I don't know how to get from Stoke to Hanley for the 32a that end!
Chris 21 Manchester
snogthefrog

[quote=""CJH""]I don't know how to get from Stoke to Hanley for the 32a that end![/quote]

Get the train to Stoke and get the number 14 Alton Towers bus that takes over an hour to get to Alton Towers. The bus stop is literally outside the train station doors and turn left. You will see it right there.

I think you should get the 07:35 bus that leaves from the train station, see the bus schedule:

[url=http://www.altontowers.com/plan-your-vi ... transport/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowers.com/plan-your-vi ... transport/[/url]

Or you could get a bus from the train station, to the bus station and then the First bus 32A from there, but to make things simple... take the Alton Towers bus!

Oh and the AT bus also takes you into the area where MagicHQ is.

Hope this helps...