Alton Towers 2010 Recruitment Drive

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
oneads

Been to view the staff accomodation at the mills today, actually alright places.

Put my deposit down for Alexandra Mill... should be moving in a couple of weeks.

Still quite a few rooms available if anyone was looking into it.
Anonymous

Me being the silly moo I am have missed the applications for this year. Does anyone have any idea when there might be ride host vancancies open again? I'd really like a new job and have always wanted to work at Alton Towers. My brother has worked there for 4 years now so I'd like to join him :D. I seem to remember last year there being another recruitment drive in the Summer but is there anyway I can apply for a ride host position even if its not available on the alton towers job website? This is my first post so please be kind :-p
CJH

Depends on how the staff fit with the park. (How many leave/get dismissed).
And also the 'need' for staff. Busiest times (summer/end of season) as there is usually a few that pop up over the season, your best bet is to keep checking online.
Chris 21 Manchester
Scott

I would second what CJH has said, jobs will come up during summer, thats almost certain, so keep checking the website.
Number ONE for Pleasure Beach Blackpool;
[url=http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com[/url]
chris.bassist

Hi all,

Just paid my deposit for Alexandra mill :). Apparently from what the gentleman said there is only 2 rooms now available and they have been receiving alot of phone call asking for viewings!

What date is everyone planing on moving to the mills on?

chris
CJH

Yes the mills are nearly full! Seems like A LOT of people from out of the local area has been employed.
I'm moving in a week today! I can't wait! Woop
Chris 21 Manchester
chris.bassist

Yeah, From what he said its been a very busy year for them at the mills :)
not sure when Il be moving up, wont be long though :) Cant wait, going to be a very good year :P

chris
Jaycey_18

Yeah from the room plan on the wall in the office it seems that the rooms are filling up rather quickly. Which has to be a good sign surely.

I am hoping to move down there at the end of next week, bit daunting cause it's come so quickly lol, I haven't even packed yet :shock:

My dazzle and sparkle things are on the 1st and 2nd of March, then I start officially on the 7th, but I only get my uniform on the 8th haha
BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
chris.bassist

My training days are on 24th and 25th and i have to collect my uniform on the 25th :)

I think it`s good that the mills are nearly full, should be a good atmosphere :) Will be good meeting everyone and getting to know each other.

chris
popTART

I had my assessment on the week just gone fingers crossed, if all goes well hope the mills doesn't get full.
chris.bassist

Well when i paid my deposit today there was 2 rooms left, and they had received lots of phone calls asking for viewings over the week :S

When i spoke to HR at alton about accommodation they did say if the mills fill up they have over option and castle estates will help with finding accommodation for employees :)

chris
fatpete

Booked mine earlier this week. Got my inductions on weds+thurs, move in on 6th and start on 7th :)
CJH

My welcome and dazzle are 4th and 5th March, move in on the 27th (this saturday), and start on the 7th.
Well street mill has filled already. Alexandra has 1 room now available apparently.

I aint packed yet either Jaycey. I am in Well Street Mill, can't wait to move in this weekend.
Get my uniform on the 5th March.

Yay! Well can't wait!

Castle estates will help you find accommodation if the mills are full. But be warned the accommodation will be:

A family in the area that want a lodger. Me and Jaycey have both done this before, they usually use it for under 18's that need to move for the job. But they DO use it for staff that can not get a room in the mills.
Chris 21 Manchester
Anonymous

any one know what to expect for the welcome day ?

---- Post Info Added ----

is there anyone in derby who willing to give me a lift to towers as i just found out there no staff bus from derby anymore. happy to give fuel money cheers
dasbudd

[quote=""kev jones""]

is there anyone in derby who willing to give me a lift to towers as i just found out there no staff bus from derby anymore. happy to give fuel money cheers[/quote]
if you cant make it, you can get the train from derby and the alton towers bus service passes stoke train station on regular intervals.
Towersfan93

I got a call two weeks tommorow that my training days were on the 10th and 11th and I start on the 13th on waterbabies, does anyone know when ill get my contract because she said that she was sending it out :/ and I got told I got the job like 6 weeks ago now haha
dasbudd

You're probably best ringing them, it's the best wayto get them to pull their finger out :p I got mine within a couple days of them ringing me.

---- Post Info Added ----

starting next thursday on team rita. looking forward to being part of th13teen! :box:
Sir John Talbot

Do Alton Towers recruit again for the busier Summer season, or is the recruitment pretty exclusive to this pre-season environment?
AstroDan

They recruit again for summer - and then usually have more vacancies through into September as they ensure a full compliment into the end of the season for Scarefest, too.

:)
CJH

Im so excited. Moving tomorrow! And mega excited. I'm like a little kid at Xmas lol! From hearing I had the job in January to now has gone so quick! Can't wait to start on Thursday.
Chris 21 Manchester