Scarefest: 16-31 October 2010 [NO SPOILERS]

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Voke

[quote=""Jollylee11""]

But i wonder what they going to do to The Corkscrew At the entrance ,Because Every scarefest they do up the entrance So what might they might do to the Corkscrew :herm: :hlol:[/quote]

They can't really do much to it. I really doubt they would paint it a different colour or decorate it for Scarefest. They'll most probabley just leave it how it is, or put some lighting around it.
Alex

Im still going with my suggestion of a big top, I just think that tent is too big for one maze, however too small for 2... possibly a bar, boiler house in that structure, then the Big Top outside with a tunnel leading to it ;D

But hey ho, its all looking good!
Voke

I suppose that would work. But how come they haven't put the COS tent up yet if they're two seperate maze's?
Alex

[quote=""Voke""]I suppose that would work. But how come they haven't put the COS tent up yet if they're two seperate maze's?[/quote]

Big Top's take 4/6 hours to put up, could easily be done during this next week. If there is no sign of a big top by sunday, then fair enough, we wont be getting one, however, there is still plenty of time I feel ;D
Ritadz

[quote=""Jollylee11""]
But i wonder what they going to do to The Corkscrew At the entrance ,Because Every scarefest they do up the entrance So what might they might do to the Corkscrew :herm: :hlol:[/quote]

I think if they wanted to do anything they'd just put fake cobwebs on it or have some skeletons climbing it, like with Oblivion's fence around the drop last year.
Jollylee11

[quote=""Adz123""][quote=""Jollylee11""]

I think if they wanted to do anything they'd just put fake cobwebs on it or have some skeletons climbing it, like with Oblivion's fence around the drop last year.
[/quote]
That's was i was thinking
Maybe they should do the Ghost of the Corkscrew :hlol: :hlol:
Sound's like a Morwenna's marketing Plan :hshy:
Oops she might take it to far and say its the scaryest Entrance plaza In the world :hinsane:
leachy1989

How busy is the scarefest event on a weekday? I've never been to the event before
Voke

[quote=""leachy1989""]How busy is the scarefest event on a weekday? I've never been to the event before[/quote]

It's almost dead on the first week of Scarefest (School Week). The crowds only start to flock in during the half-term holiday.
cmpunk771

Well i still belive its only one maze in that tent as the back tunnel in the trees could be the actors entry and exit for the actors.

Is there any other signs of construction?
Jollylee11

It's not all in one tent :hooer: Is It?
Pennywise

[quote=""Voke""]
It's almost dead on the first week of Scarefest (School Week). The crowds only start to flock in during the half-term holiday.[/quote]

Untrue, some schools (those in Leicestershire for a start) have their half term a week earlier than the rest of the country, it won't be 'dead', however it should be quiet...ish.

:)
Blaze

It's impossible to predict, some days are dead, some are the busiest of the year.
militantcoasterfan

Looks like the clown story wasn't PR, apparantly they are there now.
MILITANT COASTER FAN 1981
Dormiens-Dave

[quote=""cmpunk771""]Well i still belive its only one maze in that tent as the back tunnel in the trees could be the actors entry and exit for the actors.

Is there any other signs of construction?[/quote]

The actors wouldn't need a tunnell to get in, they would enter through the back of the building in car park J

It is possible as one of the tunnels is a lot wider it seems than the others that it could be a scaremaze and bar and the Big top will be put up somewhere, however although it only takes a few days to put up the tent the internal theme needs to be done and the actors need time to practice. Bearing in mind the mazes have to be ready for the staff preview which is the thursday before scarefest its leaving things a little late for another tent.

We can but hope though
Mankey

Looks like they're going down the road of THN3. Put all the mazes into one block, different entrances, one exit into a big hall where there is food, a bar and merchandise.

You'll probably find each queue will be outside with its own bit of theming, but the main block will be the same.

Kinda odd, seeing as Boiler House is supposed to be in an industrial place... but then again, whats to say that it doesn't link in with Carnival of Screams? Who knows? We can only wait and see! :D
Back from hibernation!
jordanc14

i am actually quite worried that we are going to have two mazes in one tent :hrrmph: But if Alton are promising that the Boiler House is going to be bigger and better this year then i cant see both mazes being in there as the brand new attraction wouldn't be small, as it has to live up to the legacy of the field and for the boiler house to be bigger it would have to take up 3/4 of the tent, but it does throw me with the 4 tunnel situation. Has anyone been down to check if the Carnival is maybe being constructed down on the field site?
kingbling11

I decided a couple of days ago to email the events team at AT to try and solve the mystery of the marquee.
This is what i got.

Original Message:
Sent: 01 October 2010 23:55
To: AT Events
Subject: Scarefest Mazes

Dear Sir/Madam,
As I am sure you are aware there has been a lot of speculation about the
evidently scarefest related marquee structure in your car park J. Which
of the mazes is going to be situated in this structure?

Thank you

Zak Ghent

Sent from my iPad

Sent: 04 October 2010 10:42
To: AT Events
Subject: RE: Scarefest Mazes

Dear Mr Ghent

I can confirm that the marquee you have described is called the carnival
of screams.

Kind Regards

Jasmine Billings
Guest Services
Alton Towers Resort

Thats put a spanner in the works!
Nikkidreamer

What?! Well I for one was not expecting that!

Makes sense that there may be a bar in the structure but it is so huge!
Mankey

Why email them? That's like asking your parents to tell you everything they've got you for Christmas! Why not wait and see? Much more exciting! :wink: After all, it's only 12 days away! :lol:
Back from hibernation!
Voke

Nice to see it's all cleared up now. But wheres the big-top for the tent? I would've thought that this will be the Boiler House tent due to the way its been built :hinsane: