SW6 / Thirteen - Ride & Construction discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Blaze

I expect it to be like Intamin standard restraints that most sit-down Intamins have, i.e. individual T-Bars.
fredward

I love the trains,

I really think this ride is going to be a lot like a Disney ride! Rich in story and theming!

But in this case it will be scary aswell!
DannyJ

Lap bars :)
Lets hope there is some awsome air-time :) Does this meen that there mite not be an drop after all ? :?
AstroDan

[quote=""Disco Ball""]I don't really 'get' onboard audio, I don't think it adds too much to the ride.[/quote]

SMM2/RnR without it!? No Way! They'd be dull as dishwater!

I love the trains. Anyone who is suggesting "dissapointment" - get with it. Where else do you such themed trains!? Practially nowhere.

The latest coasters from parks like Phantasialand, Europa-Park and Gardaland have not been particularly themed and have been standard. These trains look totally custom and brilliantly themed - just like you'd get at Disneyland.

:)
Moley

The background image of the new competition site seems to reveal the side of the train that was cut off on the other photo.

Full Size
fishdalf

Those trains look great. I don't know how some of you are counting but there are clearly 10 rows and 2 seats to a row. Count the sides of the carriages as oppose to anything else.

The stick on the front is probably for a torch, either to slot in or one that shines up and out.

Can't wait to ride this thing, lap bars are a big plus for me. Just hope the thrill aspect is there in abundance and the ride doesn't have to just rely on its psycological aspects.
Evostance

[quote=""Moley""]The background image of the new competition site seems to reveal the side of the train that was cut off on the other photo.

Full Size[/quote]

I noticed that. There looks like there is some sort of pillar in the picture, if you look at the guys next you can see it going up from there

I can see a skull!
fishdalf

[quote=""Evostance""][quote=""Moley""]The background image of the new competition site seems to reveal the side of the train that was cut off on the other photo.

Full Size[/quote]

I noticed that. There looks like there is some sort of pillar in the picture, if you look at the guys next you can see it going up from there

I can see a skull![/quote]Is it just me or can I make out a headlight on that side of the train? :?
Chris W

[quote=""AstroDan""][quote=""Disco Ball""]I don't really 'get' onboard audio, I don't think it adds too much to the ride.[/quote]

SMM2/RnR without it!? No Way! They'd be dull as dishwater![/quote]

Actually, I totally forgot about those rides and I agree. I guess SM and RnRc needs the audio more becuase they are indoors and rely more on their theming.

Whereas Thirteen will be mainly outdoors and I don't think it would be worth to add the audio for the rollercoaster portion. The budget could be better placed elsewhere.
Evostance

[quote=""fishdalf""][quote=""Evostance""][quote=""Moley""]The background image of the new competition site seems to reveal the side of the train that was cut off on the other photo.

Full Size[/quote]

I can see a skull![/quote]Is it just me or can I make out a headlight on that side of the train? :?[/quote]

Bottom right.

Correction anyway. Its not a skull. Its a face of a demon or something :shock:

Full Size
Last edited by Evostance on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishdalf

Seems a bit strange having one headlight and one torch.
James

[quote=""Evostance""]Correction anyway. Its not a skull. Its a face of a demon or something :shock:[/quote]

"Ride the Demon of the Dark Forest"?...
Ritadz

- Rollercoaster endurance (1 hr of continuous rides on Air)

[/quote]

1 hour on air i could managed 1 day on air!

Actually i couldn't because i would have fell asleep after 10 minutes it that relaxing at the front of the ride

Seriously though i have no idea how but them cars feeling VERY familiar to me from the second i saw them i know i have seen them before somewhere even though that is the 1st picture of it that has been released to the public.

What interests me the most is the thing on the left side (not Alex Reid) but that pillar i think it is just decoration but i look forward to be proven wrong

Another thing that interests me is the lack over a headrest so a backwards vertical drop is not going to be the world first but i have a idea

I think that a Duel live /York Dungeons idea could be a possibility in which you go in the dark bit then it goes very quiet then suddenly a wraith jumps out scaring the live out of then it shoot you backwards so it is a cross between a rollercoaster and a haunted house?

ps

I bet that alton towers put that snow train on the web to throw us of the real subject and that is a brilliant idea to hide the truth.

I Can't wait to find out the worlds first i don't think my idea is right but who knows?
Mankey

Pff, if this was a mack we'd have the most awesome trains ever! :evil: :lol:

Nah they do look good, I just hope they're comfy. I'm so scared they're gonna be like sitting on a nobbly park bench! :|

If they're like flying fish's seats though that'd be awesome! :D
Back from hibernation!
AltonThorpe

Thats true actually, Flying Fish's seats are extremely snug! :P
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
Evostance

Why's everyone bothered about there being headrests, I never use them on any rides besides Rita. Other rides im usually leaning forwards a bit.

Anyway, not having headrests keeps the trains nice and open. More exposed to whatever is going on inside. If you haven't noticed, there are no doors or anything to the sides of the trains either.

If you remember Corky or look at Rita you have to climb down into the seats. Theres aren't like that, the trains seem to be designed to leave you open and to leave you with a false sense of security.

If something was jumping out or come close to me i'd be more scared in these trains than in say Ritas, theres no where to hide in these
buffaloBen

How many trains would you reckon there will be then?

I reckon about 3 to 4. One in the station, one going around the track and another going through the indoor section/ switch back and possibly one on the brake run or one just stick with 3 but hey there could just be 2.

Thoughts?

Updates and news have been released quite a lot this past week as i look back at all the news articles.
[url=http://www.thi3teen.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.thi3teen.blogspot.com[/url]
Brett

im thinking 3 :)
Bote

I should think that there will be two on circuit, and another in storage incase of one breaking and needing repairs.
icecream88

Ohhhhh, very exciting people!
Train looks amazing,
Theming looks amazing,
This may be amazing,
However... head rests would have been nice just for a bit of comfort, and the recent pics with Alex look like they have been passed through photoshop, seen the glare off his face!?!
Hope they do have flying fish type lapbars and seats as they are very snug and i fit in perfect lol.
Safe to say i think that the majority of the last helix will defo be enclosed (there was evidence before hand but one of the pics seems to clarify). have we thought about the walls in the top section enclosing on us and the only way to escape is the track breaks and falls into the crypt... hence why the graphics on the website have people looking above them.
Ohhh and on the competition for get to ride it before the 20th thing, in the small print it mentions about signing a waiver about mental and physical health i belive --- could speculation of actually having to sign before we go on the coaster be true?
All i can say now is that i am very very very glad i have booked tickets to the park in march, i think ERT will be quick ride on oblivion then queing to wait for th13rteen to open.
:D