SW6 / Thirteen - Ride & Construction discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
nemesisfan

i agree with you there, iam abit shocked at what the update had shown us i suppose i built my hopes up a little much on seeing a train :cry: ! but when you look past that and see what is beeing done to rita it looks like alton are gunna pull off another very well themed and well popular area, and i can safley say if its pulled off like forbiddon valley was i'll be paying a visit to the dark forest and will spend most of the day there unlike before its re-theme. but untill i see it for myself (cant wait) i will be sticking to my favourite very own little theme park forbiddon valley :D

love nemesis
richdirk123

I can't wait to find out about this 'indoor section'. But by the pictures, I don't think it will be very long, definately not as long as the indoor section on SAW - The Ride.
ATR09

I have a feeling the indoor section could last a good few minutes. Just because it's small in size dosen't mean the show will be over fast.
Blaze

I don't think it will be very long. The ride has to keep a good throughput going. It will only have about 4 cars of 4 people each so to reach 1200pph, there needs to be three trains at least, and if there are that many, one train can not spend too long on a block or trains will stack around the circuit, stopped on the lifts, on the brake runs in the stations and where ever else.
Javs

[quote=""Blaze""]It will only have about 4 cars of 4 people each so to reach 1200pph, there needs to be three trains at least, and if there are that many, one train can not spend too long on a block or trains will stack around the circuit, stopped on the lifts, on the brake runs in the stations and where ever else.[/quote]

As far as I was aware, the size of the trains have not been confirmed. Also, we dont know how many block sections are in the building. There could be a pre drop show in the first part of the building, then the drop, therefore increasing the block sections.

Basically, the possibility is there to have at least 30 secs to a minute inside the building whilst maintaining a good throughput.
Nightfall

Based on the length in-between the top of the first hill and the secrete section (if that’s a block section) then I would assume the secret section will take roughly the same amount of time. That’s probably up to a minute.

If someone has made a fairly accurate model to simulate the time taken to travel around the visible sections then I’m sure I could predict a fairly accurate people per hour count.
(At least as accurate as the one for colossus which has been about 400pph less than the estimation on the last 3 of my visits)
[align=center]Image[/align]
Blaze

[quote=""Javs""][quote=""Blaze""]It will only have about 4 cars of 4 people each so to reach 1200pph, there needs to be three trains at least, and if there are that many, one train can not spend too long on a block or trains will stack around the circuit, stopped on the lifts, on the brake runs in the stations and where ever else.[/quote]

As far as I was aware, the size of the trains have not been confirmed. Also, we dont know how many block sections are in the building. There could be a pre drop show in the first part of the building, then the drop, therefore increasing the block sections.

Basically, the possibility is there to have at least 30 secs to a minute inside the building whilst maintaining a good throughput.[/quote]
The size of the trains can be determined by the switch track after the helix. It is a little smaller than Rita's shed, so should be about 4 cars of 2 rown long.

---- Post Info Added ----

[quote=""Blaze""][quote=""Javs""][quote=""Blaze""]It will only have about 4 cars of 4 people each so to reach 1200pph, there needs to be three trains at least, and if there are that many, one train can not spend too long on a block or trains will stack around the circuit, stopped on the lifts, on the brake runs in the stations and where ever else.[/quote]

Basically, the possibility is there to have at least 30 secs to a minute inside the building whilst maintaining a good throughput.[/quote]
The size of the trains can be determined by the switch track after the helix. It is a little smaller than Rita's shed, so should be about 4 cars of 2 rows long.[/quote]
fishdalf

Wow, discussion of this ride really seems to be picking up momentum. They're starting to discuss it in the place I work now; passing pictures of it around via emails and such. The general rumours I've heard outside of the web tend to point towards a tilt and backwards launch of some kind, but that's neither here nor there to be honest. On a personal level I'm hoping for something mind-shattering, but I'll settle for ever-so-slightly less. :)
Wortho

[quote=""Blaze""][quote=""Javs""][quote=""Blaze""]It will only have about 4 cars of 4 people each so to reach 1200pph, there needs to be three trains at least, and if there are that many, one train can not spend too long on a block or trains will stack around the circuit, stopped on the lifts, on the brake runs in the stations and where ever else.[/quote]

The size of the trains can be determined by the switch track after the helix. It is a little smaller than Rita's shed, so should be about 4 cars of 2 rown long[/quote]

The RITA shed is far bigger than the trains because of all the equipment needed for maintenance so using it as a comparison for train size of thirteen is going to be highly inaccurate. Lets wait until the trains arrive before we say for certain how long the trains are going to be.

I like what they are doing to UG Land, It's showing a lot of attention to detail, I believe what they are doing with RITA is the right way to go, there isn't really any other way they could have incorporated the ride into the area, making the ride and the surrounding area look like that the woodland had taken over is a brilliant idea and will fit in with any story that Alton decide to throw at the general public to understand the area, but from looking at the pictures and the amount of detail Alton are going into I think the general public are easily going to grasp what is going on.
moog666

[quote=""ATR09""]I have a feeling the indoor section could last a good few minutes. Just because it's small in size dosen't mean the show will be over fast.[/quote]

I'm going with you on this one mate. Something tells me there is a little more to you then your letting on. :sus:

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
lily♥evie

May be old news but has anyone read this today?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... orrow.html

Flown in to test the ride? NEVER?
LILY♥EVIE
Anonymous

I was just posting that!
mr_icecream2

What is the picture of? Is that meant to be thirteen's seats?
avoided big coasters till i hit 16, ive never looked back! Aim: to become a rollercoaster enthusiast. next target theme park: Europa Park, Germany
http://www.coastercounter.com/#mr_icecream for current ride counts
Evostance

[quote=""mr_icecream2""]What is the picture of? Is that meant to be thirteen's seats?[/quote]

I doubt it, they look like inverted seats. However the colour scheme looks fairly fitting.

Could be interesting, however I think thats just a random roller coaster
lily♥evie

Just looked on her twitter and there's nothing on there about anything...that was last updated on Friday. Can't see that being the seats?!?!?! Possibly an old picture? Why on earth would AT fly them in to test the rides?!?!?
LILY♥EVIE
Mankey

[quote=""Evostance""][quote=""mr_icecream2""]What is the picture of? Is that meant to be thirteen's seats?[/quote]

I doubt it, they look like inverted seats. However the colour scheme looks fairly fitting.

Could be interesting, however I think thats just a random roller coaster[/quote]

Those seats are of Rush at Thorpe Park. An S&S Power Screamin' Swing.

So no, it's not SW6's cars! :wink:
Back from hibernation!
mr_icecream2

that was my first thought exactly but I assumed they would have picked an alton towers ride instead of a thorpe park one for the picture so thats what got me confused. And I could not remember which was which rush or slammer :P
avoided big coasters till i hit 16, ive never looked back! Aim: to become a rollercoaster enthusiast. next target theme park: Europa Park, Germany
http://www.coastercounter.com/#mr_icecream for current ride counts
Mankey

Have you never read The Sun? :P Like they care about these inaccuracies! :lol: As long as it has them on a ride it's going to attract Joe Public.
Back from hibernation!
mezza

From the first post in the first thread on this subforum:

[quote=""Bexhex""] "The Rollercoaster ride could incorporate a Switch / Tilt mechanism where a section of track the length of the train tips, tilting the train to a 45 degree angle. The train is then released, possibly backwards, and drops underground by its own weight. It is then held at a dead end, from which it is then released forwards, before diving off through a tunnel. "
[/quote]

18 months and twelve thousand posts later, we haven't really got any more idea about what will happen in the dark section of the ride than this!

Next month, all will be revealed!

It's been a fascinating journey!
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER
AdamJ

Train, anyone?

I don't know if this has been posted already, if it has then I feel a right tit right now, but hey if it hasn't, I LIKE!