2010: Corkscrews for the Entrance Plaza

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Rob L

[quote=""Moley""]Has the front of the entrance/monorail bridge been painted or is it me?[/quote]
Very good point, it does look like it has, either dark blue or dark purple, blue I think actually. It's nice to see the entrance plaza getting some attention, and I must say that the corkscrews look fantastic, can't wait to see them for myself!

:)

Sir John Talbot

Yup, looks like they've painting it the same colour as the Corky track. Looks great!

They need to do away with that puke yellow colour and use the gold from the supports.
DiogoJ42

Boy, I cannot wait to [s:2wipm3eg]touch[/s:2wipm3eg], [s:2wipm3eg]hug[/s:2wipm3eg], snog those 'screws! :P
QTXAdsy

Looks wonderful. :D

All they need to do now is to paint the rest of the plaza in matching colours. :)
Mi-Nigle

Now then, can anyone tell which way the train would have gone? :D
Blaze

So impressive. A fantastic addition.

I can see TTFers circled around this one their hands and knees praying around it. :lol:

Hell, I bet some of us here will pray in it's direction 5 times a day and sacrifice a small child to it :lol:

(Awful) jokes aside, I love what they have done, properly, trully love it.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

They do look fantastic, what would have been even better is if they'd put the train on the tracks and held it in place going over one of the screws. :)
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
dont look down 2005

Much as I always wanted them there, I do admit that I didn't think this would really work when I heard the idea...

WOW have I been proved wrong, they look fantastic and are almost as welcome an addition (or reintroduction) to the park as Th13teen.

Excellent work Towers and dare I say it, very magical! :D
Evostance

Makes you realise how big rollercoasters actually are :shock:
Jon

Fantastic!

Weirdly, this is the only "coaster" at the park that is constructed in this very open, ride on concrete way. It makes a boring ride, but an impressive visual spectacle, that you can walk under and feel, to be honest, intimidated by. Looking at it should give you those dizzying butterflies, a PERFECT way to start your day at the park.

I can't wait to see this lit up, or even turned into a fountain - that'd be awesome.
Formerly "Dagoo"
Rollercoaster5000

[quote=""ShadowTD""]Fresh pic from today. You can just about see the fence/barrier they're putting underneath the lowest section.

Image[/quote]

Wow. They really do look great, as does the repainted entrance plaza although it isn't finished yet. Thank you for uploading that :D.
Altonator

Just need to put a few speakers up now and play sounds of the Corky Lifthill :)
Entrance looks great hope they light the screws up during scarefest :)
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Big Dave

It looks great but there is much more potential for the future such as lighting and various other bits to be added. Looks fab! Slowly warming to the colours too.
NickT04

[quote=""Altonator""]Just need to put a few speakers up now and play sounds of the Corky Lifthill :)
[/quote]

*&%! You've just reminded me what was on my old phone that I never kept! :|
Rathaus

[quote=""ShadowTD""]Fresh pic from today. You can just about see the fence/barrier they're putting underneath the lowest section.

Image[/quote]

Looking sharp! And the corkscrews look pretty good as well... :P
mezza

[quote=""Moley""]

Nice touch![/quote]

that's awesome!
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER
[Archive]

Great!

[quote=""Alton Towers""]The Corkscrew (1980-2008) was Britain's first giant corkscrew rollercoaster. The double corkscrew section that gave the ride its name stands before you to commemorate over 30 years of fantastic theme park fun![/quote]

What a nice caption! :D
haydn!

They look great - it's a brilliant tribute to Alton Towers theme park roots.

One thing though, I thought they were going to be purple? They look blue in all the pictures so far.
Jon

I mean wow.

The actual gold barriers themselves look pretty stylish and quirky the way they jut out. I love the use of old signage.
Formerly "Dagoo"