School Trips in October = Unusual?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
moog666

I have a pal who is a DT teacher. She recently got funding for a trip to AT which included an hour long talk on the engineering of the rides and then the rest of the day to themselves. Wish the public where offered this option. think id find it quite interesting. Anyone else think that or am I just sad? :oops:

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
leammiles

There are schemes in place all over the country for school kids from the ages of 14/15 to go to college on certain days of the week to do courses not offered in their schools. In these circumstances i can imagine colleges taking these kids out pretty early on in the first term as a way of them getting to know each other.

Likewise with sixth forms/colleges/year 7's they are all pretty new and i know of at least 5 schools that take the kids out on fun days so they can bond. September is usually too early as they have to get money together etc so october seems like the logical month.

Thats just a guess though, i cant say for sure.