February Half Term 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
themealgang

At last we see Nemesis join the line-up. This means all the roller coasters in the park will be open apart from Rita (God knows what she will be known as next year) and Thirteen. Wonderful!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Marky_Boy

Apart from the water rides, prtty much everything is open! And who wants to go on the flume in February? I'll def be coming to this! Hopefully it won't be too busy either.
James6

This looks fantastic and I will definately be making a trip to the Towers during February, I was wondering, from past experience which day is likely to be the quietest? Thanks guys.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Mike

Probably a weekday James - it's half term though saying that, so I dont think there'll be a single 'dead' day, although I'm not expecting the event as a whole to attract the amount of people you see at the peak of the main season :)

Mike

Thanks to Ian for the sig!
James6

Thanks Very Much Mike :) ,

I did go last year and it was relatively quiet, I just can't remember which day it was.

Thanks again :)
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
NickT04

46 days to go people!
NickT04

24 Days To Go!

Also just been checking out the 2010 brochure, thre are just 395 days until the 2011 Half Term opening!

Feb Half Term: 19 - 27 Feb 2011
AstroDan

For the record, to show how popular this event has become - the hotels now appear SOLD OUT on Saturday Night (13th Feb).

:D
stesutton

[quote=""AstroDan""]For the record, to show how popular this event has become - the hotels now appear SOLD OUT on Saturday Night (13th Feb).

:D[/quote]

I just tried to order some tickets for the sat, the £14.40 ones and it comes up not available?
It cant sell out can it?
AstroDan

Tickets seem fine for me for Saturday.

:?
stesutton

[quote=""AstroDan""]Tickets seem fine for me for Saturday.

:?[/quote]

I will have another try. I wonder if its just my mac as it wont go purple to say day selected. will try in work.

Cheers Dan i just tried on my Girlfriends laptop and went through fine :)
cant wait for sat now :o
Marky_Boy

I'm going to this on Saturday, I'm just getting a bit woried now with the rumours that it is going to be really busy. Also, with the weather forcast, would it be possible that certain rides won't operate?
Elliot

How busy is it likely to be on Monday and Tuesday?
Anonymous

Who knows, predicting the future can be a tricky business without my crystal ball!

Just go and have fun, don't let big queues ruin your day as long as you get a ride ;)
Elliot

If I can remember back to last Feb it was about 20mins queues and I defiantly remember that Blivvy was 5mins because that was my first time on the ride and I was scared to go on. But thanks.
Anonymous

hey,
I remember going last Febuary and being pleasently surprised that it wasn't too busy and we got on everything easily...going again on monday can't wait...if anyone goes on the weekend have a great time! :D
adammac

Don't forget t post your pics!
stesutton

Went today and just got in. Got on nemisis, air, duel and hex and went through the sea life. Could have done more but had to get back and sadly each time we went to oblivion it wasn't running :-(

The park is looking in brilliant shape. Only down side was hex didn't play the video just had the sound?
Ah well took a first timer and he was very impressed!

Roll on the full season.

Oh and I like the new spinball gets a thumbs up from me!
Elliot

What were the queues like?
stesutton

[quote=""RR Elliot""]What were the queues like?[/quote]

We waited 5 mins for Nemisis and that was the longest wait. The others we just walked on :)