Cloud Cuckoo Land Skyride Station Fire

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
DiogoJ42

[quote=""Rowe""]It sounds like it's happened by Cloud Cuckoo Land. And another Sky Ride! Hope nothing has been too badly damaged.[/quote]
Your source, please?

EDIT: just worked it out... logical deduction from prievious posts. never mind!
Last edited by DiogoJ42 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voni86

[quote=""Diogoj42""][quote=""Rowe""]It sounds like it's happened by Cloud Cuckoo Land. And another Sky Ride! Hope nothing has been too badly damaged.[/quote]
Your source, please?[/quote]

A friend from Facebook, hence why I said it was totally unofficial. Quite frankly, it's speculation. I just thought everyone would be interested to hear it.
Liam

[quote=""Rob""]Please let all the rides and just everything in the park be ok, we don't want a repeat of the Skyride fire.[/quote]
Let's hope that no people are hurt and that the historic ruins and listed buildings aren't touched most of all!

Ugland or Cred Street can be burnt to the ground and it would be a good thing.

Post made via Mobile Device
AstroDan

I wouldn't particularly wish that either Ug Land or Cloud Cuckoo be burnt, given that Ug Land is being overhauled for 2010 and Cloud Cuckoo Land has just been refreshed...!
Steve K

[quote=""Voni86""]Here is a VERY unofficial quote from Facebook, where we're discussing it:
An inside source who is working on the premises tells me it's a sky ride thing and burger king. She's not allowed to leave as they want to keep it out of the press. It's all go!
[/quote]

Oh noez! Rita's next! Bye Bye Rita...burn in BK's flame-broiled goodness
...but at least the flames on the trains hood wont be artificial ^_^
Rob L

[quote=""Liam""][quote=""Rob""]Please let all the rides and just everything in the park be ok, we don't want a repeat of the Skyride fire.[/quote]
Let's hope that no people are hurt and that the historic ruins and listed buildings aren't touched most of all!

Ugland or Cred Street can be burnt to the ground and it would be a good thing.

Post made via Mobile Device[/quote]
Hence why I said and just everything in the park. And obviously I hope no-one is hurt, but considering the time of night, it's unlikely that many people would have been around the park.

Still no news reports about this, but I don't think I'm going to be able to go to bed until I know more about this. I really hope it's not too serious.
Last edited by Rob L on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rowe

I really don't hope the fire touches the Tower Ruins, Gardens or rides. At all.
DiogoJ42

[quote=""Rob""] I don't think I'm going to be able to go to bed until I know more about this. I really hope it's not too serious.[/quote]

Same here!
Voni86

[quote=""Rowe""]I really don't hope the fire touches the Tower Ruins, Gardens or rides. At all.[/quote]

Don't we all mate, especially the ruins. It really would be a tragedy.
Kaz

Official statement from Burger King:
Flame-grilling is the tastiest way to cook a burger.
DiogoJ42

How can there not be a live webcam somewhere in the park?
DiogoJ42

Has anyone tried phoning the park and asking? There's got to be someone on the hotel desk or something.
Anonymous

Alton Towers have confirmed that the fire has started in the Skyride Station in Cloud Cuckoo Land, the emergency services are in attendance and the park will re-open as usual tomorrow.
Joel

Woo I win :D

And how many floodlights and/or suspicious Segways did it take this time? :D
Rob L

Again! How could this have happened this time, and this late at night? This could mean that the Skyride is going to be down again for some time, which considering it's just been ungraded really isn't good. With any luck not too much damage will have been caused.

BIan

Very strange, I was on park today, and weather conditions looked less than ideal for a fire.

Ian
DiogoJ42

If it's the Skyride, Ican't see any insurence company willing to touch it after two fires in to years,
Chris W

Serious? The SkyRide again! Obviously Karma isn't a fan of cable cars.

I'm not going to speculate too much until further details are known.
BIan

[url=http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 4&t=h&z=18" target="_blank]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 4&t=h&z=18[/url]

Lots of trees close to Skyride, hopefully it wont spread.

Ian
DiogoJ42

[quote=""IanBassi""]
Lots of trees close to Skyride, hopefully it wont spread.

Ian[/quote] It'll just make the job of clearing space for SW6 a bit quicker! :lol:
Last edited by DiogoJ42 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.