The Rotating Tunnel & Other Missing Effects From Duel !

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
doom+sons1988

I've been on Duel five times since it opened and I have never seen these effects :-

-The famous rotating tunnel doesn't move.
-The Giant Window is not there (though i know it is)
-Skeleton Bob's eyes are missing ?
-There is no strobe lighting when the spider comes down so you don't actually see it that well.

What the hell is wrong with Duel, it has far more faults than the orignal Haunted House and it's supposed to be a revamp. Eh ? what's going on then ?
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Jimbob

Every time i have been the tunnel has been rotating , Didnt see the giant window. Didnt ever notice the skeleton had eyes and The strobes were working on the spider. Just unlucky going and some of the effects arnt working i guess.
Ant

There seems to have been a big improvement to me with the effects working on Duel since last year when I first went on it in june last year I came off feeling disapointed with the revamp as the main effects in the ride were broken. Then I next went on it in march when I was staying at the hotel on the winter weekend the effects had got even worst there was hardly nothin workin rotating tunnel the bats that fly round yer head and the screaming heads just a few effects that wernt workin and you seemed to just be goin round in darkness just shooting targets. But me next visit in april I noticed everything was workin even the fire in the qeue line was bak so I think the ride has improved alot.
Jimbo

I went on duel the other day and the rotating tunnel wasn't working but the strobe lighting was. It did stop mid ride twice but it did start up again in a few seconds.
smeg_head

I went two weeks ago and it's a vast improvement on season 2003. I swear there's effects I'd never even seen before. The rotating tunnel was working fine as was the big window with the shadows behind it. Sadly half way round it nroke down for about 5-8 minutes. It started ging really slowly, with no music, so it took us ages to get around one part then it suddenly kicked in and everything started working again.
Jay12

Would this be a secret effect?? the breaking down on vunerable riders??
as it will add more excitiment but could cause problems as word would get round that it keeps breaking down.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
doom+sons1988

I don't think it breaks down for effect, that's just the ride but I can remember the ghost host saying something like " What ever you do don't get out, or you will become a permament guest to this house".
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Josh

when i went all the effects were working apart from the fact that i never noticed the skeleton had eyes. it brok down for like 1 second and then it was working fine.
Ron_Mc_Don

When I went on it today everything was working. The spinning tunnel has been working whenever i've been on it.
bigblade40

Normally when duel stops it isn't a breakdown.
Because the cars constantly move through the station, when a disabled or elderley guest wants to get on they stop the platform, hence stopping all the other cars aswell.
bigblade40
doom+sons1988

I see now. It makes perfect sense. Stupid me :lol:
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
towersuncovered

Well i rode duel and saw all of those effects and they all worked!
smeg_head

This was defiantely a break down, in 10 years I've never expereinced it on HH before. We were stuck in in the last half for 7-10 mins, our blasters still worked despite the announcement saying they were disabled and the music cut off. After this time there was a strained whirring sound and we started moving v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y through the ride with no SFX or anything. after a minute of this slow movement there was a clunk and we accelerated to full speed then suddenly all the music came back on.
Crofty

I miss the glitter balls in the eyes of the "tunnel Monster" - I knew these worked in the HH but does anyone know if they have worked since it was changed to Duel :?:

:(
Doopy Dan

Yes them glitter balls do still work, but as with every ride you will get your probelms, as the ride is still basicly the Haunted House, same old trainsit system, same old mechanisms for effects which are all 10 years old and to take into consideration they have been running every summer since 1992, at the best part of 10 hours a day every day, but another problem they have is with the actuall trainsit system itself, each car cost 18,000 pounds each, which most of the cost went towards the complex onboard computers on each 32 cars, to tell the computer where each car is on the track, and that dose have alot of problems,
madmanwill

the first time i went on duel our blasters stopped working and the ride stopped for 10 mins half way through when we got back the ride op commented on our scores(0) and we told him it wasnt working and he sent us round again but not before they lifted the lid at the back if the car behind you heads when you sit in the back row and pressed a button inside.
the last time i went on it the roof seemed to be leaking as it was raining really hard and you could hear water inside of the ride.

will
stokywolf

I Have been on it 13 times this season most things are usually working as normal But the strange things that i have Experienced on the ride are: I Vent fan in the roof letting a whole lot of light through, Missing Photos(2) TheYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLers are not working properly (lol) and the mid part of the ride has very little or no targets working(The man with the Hearse area) A Zombie with a wig on (gone now lol) And some weird people with these guns that fire green lasers luckily they miss me :chuckel:
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Cjw

The spinning tunnel wasnt working when i went.As far as i know..everything else was....
Mitchell

[quote=""bigblade40""]Normally when duel stops it isn't a breakdown.
Because the cars constantly move through the station, when a disabled or elderley guest wants to get on they stop the platform, hence stopping all the other cars aswell.[/quote]

it's still bloomin' scarey!!!
Anonymous

we went about a week ago. the tunnel wasn't working and about half way around the whole thing stopped. all the music stopped and the blasters stopeed working. then we started moving again but only for about 5 seconds when we stopped again. then we were stuck for nearly an hour in the dark. we had to be let out of a fire escape. they wouldnt say what the problem was but i think it was fairly serious because the ride was shut for the rest of the day.
we did, however, get a ride pass for a 1.1m ride. sadly not quite enough for spinball but we did miss an hour and a half que for the rapids....