Pie + Mash

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kaycee

Anyone been to this new outlet in UgLand this season?! Not seen much mention of it, but it's a little gem that's been pretty overlooked, and it's my new foody obsession at Alton Towers!

Gorgeous pies (big and small) and lovely mash with a bit of gravy in a cardboard box! Honestly try it, it's yum! It's not just about Explorer's Pizza and Pasta in Katanga this season, it's also about Pie + Mash! :D
Mathmosman

No cheese, or veggie pies though Kayc... Booooooo to Towers!
Kaycee

That is a shame... just have some mash with gravy though, it's lurvely. 8) ;)
Chris W

Oooh, sounds nice, will definitely have to check it out later in the season.
Food at Alton Towers has improved dramatically in the Merlin years.

Slightly off topic: I loved the staff in that food stall on the last day of the season 2008. Had a lovely chat to them whilst they made fresh food for our group at 8:50 pm, wasn't expecting to get anything at that time.
Hark

Apparently the Shepard's Pie they do is awful :( I wouldn't mind trying the pie and mash though!
Kaycee

The mini chicken one is gorge if you're not too hungry, but if you are, I heartily recommend the chicken, ham and leek one. 8) They're decent pies, proper shortcrust pasty and none of this paste filling crap! :D Yum!
Alex

Mmmm i love mash and pie ;DD

Might try it when I go with school on friday.
Crofty

Have they got Cumberland ring too?

I had that and mash in Chessington a few years back and that was really nice.
Jon

I thought it was puff pastry used on pies and shortcrust used on tarts?

Post made via Mobile Device
Formerly "Dagoo"
Alex

[quote=""Jon""]I thought it was puff pastry used on pies and shortcrust used on tarts?

Post made via Mobile Device[/quote]

Nope shortcrust, or I have done my entire food tech exam wrong LOL
Satch

pies can be either shortcrust or puff pastry.

Post made via Mobile Device
stigzy

puff pastry tastes better though...
FallenAbyss

Been wondering what the pie and mash shop was like ta ! I always seem to be over on the other side of the park at lunch time (as I usually do Rita first thing) might have to make a special trip to get back over to Ugland at lunchtimes in future to try it !

On a side note, the pasty shop down in Mutiny Bay aint half bad either ... full of filling although not that much meat but what was in there was good quality and not cheap crappy meat either !
Sir John Talbot

I can imagine Pie + Mash being lovely on a dreary winters day. Some hot mash and a coffee to warm up :o And Ug-Land is a nice area to eat, unlike.. Forbidden Valley, for instance. Never too crowded.

I'm a faithful Pizza and Pasta go-er but this thread has made the outlet ever so appetizing!
AstroDan

I concur with KC! The food here is lovely, I went once and it's delicious. Not one for when it's raining, though - the mash particularly is very tasty.
srw985

It's a shame the food outlets don't stay open longer after ride close.

You'd think they'd do a fair amount of business with people after something to eat before the journey home.
Chester City Football Club
Gloomy Dude

You lot have twisted my arm! It's on my to-do list for September :mrgreen:
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
Anonymous

Pizza and Pasta beats the lot its lovely followed by doughnuts
Rob L

Looks like I'm going to have to try this sometime during the season, sounds nice! I'm not the biggest pie fan in the world, but I must say that reading some of the comments in this topic have made me want to try it! The choice of food at Alton is now very good, there's pretty much something for everyone, and the quality of the food is very high.

Stu

Yeah i keep seeing it and i want it but meh - July i'll be trying it then. woop woop.
I assume the one near Battle Galleons is just as good yeah?!? same? Most people may have mexican or Tavern, so can have pie n mash from that place. wooo..