Run Away Mine Train

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dave

i dont know if this is the best place to post this, but it seems apropriate

has anyone else been on the mine train and been stuck at at very awkward angle at the end while the train stops b4 entering the station?

i was there yesterday, and the train stoped there and i swear it felt like me and my friend were gonna fall out. plus i was crushing the poor girl as she was sat on the inside, so i was sliding towards here.

i can never rememebr this being like that in the past, or do i just have a bit of a bad memory? 8-[

also, does anyone else find the sets on that fide incredable uncomfortable? i cane off that train and it fely like my spine had been snapped in half
Josh

i noticed it ages ago so its allways been like that it only happens if your right at the back of the train usually. So thats where i prefer to sit if the fronts taken.
Crofty

Yep - I noticed it last visit, I just thought t may have been an op just slowing the train down to early - a bit off topic but does the op actually slow and stop RMT? or is it automatic? :D
Anonymous

Automatic, its all controlled via photo cells, BUS rail and proximity switches. Sorry if some of you aint goa a clue what Im on about.
towersuncovered

No, The RMT is manual thats why sometimes the train stops in the wrong posistion the ride op controld nearly evry aspect of the ride. I know this because i asked the op before.
Anonymous

[quote=""Bigdave_15_1985""]Automatic, its all controlled via photo cells, BUS rail and proximity switches. Sorry if some of you aint goa a clue what Im on about.[/quote]

I know im probably wrong bigdave but is that like the modern tram systems around the country that use road and old railway lines? They flick a lever and go from road running to rail running?
Anonymous

We call the bus rail the safety circit which normally just controls the harnesses but can monitor other aspects of the ride. The ride is not manual at all other wise it would be unsafe. I know for a fact that each section of the ride as a preset speed and is all computer controlled thats why I dont think it as ever over shot the station. Only two rollercoaster on the park as I know of that are manually operated are the Corkscrew and the Beastie.
Rekki

i operate the beastie :) the break is a bitch on it, espcially in the rain.
smeg_head

Yeah I stopped on that angled track last visit. The train seemed a touch faster do you know if they may have changed the settings on the old girl Big Dave? Or is it my imagination?
Anonymous

Settings can be changed but normally for testing and for staff family fun night and ohh my word is it fast!
Jay12

I stopped at that angle and my dad was sat next to me and he is quite fat.
so i was very very squieshed but its still a great ride.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Anonymous

Sometimes it can overshot the station though, this happens a lot on Flying Fish at Thorpe Park where the speed of it coming in is often adjuested. It will either enter to fast and stp with the front out the station so it has to be sent again or slowed down to soon so the second half of the ride is ruined.
Elecx

I can remember banging my head back on it once, but apart from that it's been fine
- Craig Smith
Doopy Dan

The Mine train can be put on Auto or Manual dispatch as as Big Dave said, but manual control isnt for the whole ride, it kicks in just coming over the ravine, after the tunnel, and kicks back out, just out of the station, (thats why you sometimes get 3 goes when its not busy)
madmanwill

when i went on RMT last the harness wouldnt come up so the ride op sent us round three time untill it worked (six laps in total) :D great fun

will
Emmaly

[quote=""kylies_kitty""][quote=""Bigdave_15_1985""]Automatic, its all controlled via photo cells, BUS rail and proximity switches. Sorry if some of you aint goa a clue what Im on about.[/quote]

I know im probably wrong bigdave but is that like the modern tram systems around the country that use road and old railway lines? They flick a lever and go from road running to rail running?[/quote]
No, trams are manual. When they go onto exterior rails, driver's increase the speed. That's in Nottingham anyway.
scargill

On Manchester trams theres a sign saying "switch to road mode" and "switch to rail mode" up a hill, and the tram controls are virtually identical in Nottingham, so I'd imagine there will be two modes (although the driver will manually increase the speed too)
Emmaly

[quote=""scargill""]On Manchester trams theres a sign saying "switch to road mode" and "switch to rail mode" up a hill, and the tram controls are virtually identical in Nottingham, so I'd imagine there will be two modes (although the driver will manually increase the speed too)[/quote]
Well I don't know what to say but I have been in the Drivers seat of an NET tram and it's much more manual than that.
phillipvass

I think the ride isn't bad but it could maybe be a bit longer rather than go round twice. It could also go a bit lower to the ground to give the feeling that it is out of control. My real dream is to have about 25 loops in it and for it to come of the track at the end into a huge shark infested pool where all the guests can laugh and point at you as you scream for help and crawl out of the chaos. :mrgreen:
madmanwill

[quote=""phillipvass""]I think the ride isn't bad but it could maybe be a bit longer rather than go round twice. It could also go a bit lower to the ground to give the feeling that it is out of control. My real dream is to have about 25 loops in it and for it to come of the track at the end into a huge shark infested pool where all the guests can laugh and point at you as you scream for help and crawl out of the chaos. :mrgreen:[/quote]

someones got a hyperactive imagination :wink: