2010: Secret Weapon Six Part Three

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Mankey

Heres a question then... i'm surprised no ones asked.

Can you please prove to us you're working with AT?

That should clear a few things up if it gets answered.
Back from hibernation!
James

[quote=""Koopa-Troopa""][quote=""Jlton""][quote=""Koopa-Troopa""]Will the ride have inversions?[/quote]

The ride won't have any inversions.

[/quote]

How do you know?
THere might be one in the station building, might there not.

:)[/quote]

If you don't believe me then fine. I know the ride won't have any inversions including inside the station building and the underground part of the ride. If you don't want to believe me then that's completly up to you.
Jakob

I wonder when the answers (or some) will be given? It's probably taken Maude.. or whoever about half an hour to read each question.

The fact that they are still on here seems like they will answer soon?
Hobbes

I'm going to assume that unless proof is made of Maude being of Alton Towers marketing etc. he is a fake.

So yeah, answer the question. Or else! :P
Dave

[quote=""fromsolitude""]So... this new ride is going to be based on a big blooming dog?

...I dunno whether that's funny or not, I -do- like dogs. =3

Ah this is all funny and bizarre.[/quote]

Trust me... you would NOT like this dog
rightbackgranty

[quote=""Jakob""]I wonder when the answers (or some) will be given? It's probably taken Maude.. or whoever about half an hour to read each question.

The fact that they are still on here seems like they will answer soon?[/quote]

I think the questions might be coming tonight - ok, the box shows active users in the last 5 minutes, but its been 45 minutes since they posted the info. Perhaps they are answering quesitons!

I think people should stop being so pessimistic. They've stuck to what they said they would do - which is post at 8:30 monday night. The information they've given might not reveal much, but what it might do is confirm it - what we were saying we just rumours.
Chris W

[quote=""Dave""][quote=""fromsolitude""]So... this new ride is going to be based on a big blooming dog?

...I dunno whether that's funny or not, I -do- like dogs. =3

Ah this is all funny and bizarre.[/quote]

Trust me... you would NOT like this dog[/quote]

Dave, if you don't mind, could you explain more about the dog. You seem to know about it. I remember you mentioning the dog in the Ghost topic in AT General.
Wes

Dave, fancy shedding some light on this dog?

Could it be the dog of The NighWatchMan?
ATR09

I really, really, really doubt this whole question thing is genuine. Anyone who has ever followed a viral marketing campaign would know this is not how a 2nd wave would work.

Maybe questions at the end, but not at the start.

I'm almost convinced it's all hoax now. Well the information pack stuff anyway. The Watch the Ground stuff seems interesting.
billyrae

Here is that Brendan Walker interview with the guardian with the interesting bit on what he is doing now

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/m ... lercoaster" target="_blank]http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/m ... lercoaster[/url]

O& the thanks button is next to the boo button :mrgreen:
MakeBritianHappy

Questions are futile. Watch the Ground.

:)
Mikey

Good grief. Where's Dr Rockwell when you need him?
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
Maude de Neville

[quote=""Hobbes""]How large is the theming budget? (You can use vague terms like 'large' etc. if you want :P)[/quote]

The ratio of money spent on theming to the money spent on the actual ride will be higher than any previous Secret Weapon.

We will answer another question in exactly one hour. It will either be one already submitted or one submitted within the next hour.
Wes

Billyrae, I think you should really keep quiet. Only post unless you have something that will contribute to the forum. You wouldn't say that to anyone else of this forum without getting into trouble.

As much as its your way of having fun, no one else can see the funny side. So I would keep quiet before the Team get involved.
Mikey

[quote=""Maude de Neville""][quote=""Hobbes""]How large is the theming budget? (You can use vague terms like 'large' etc. if you want :P)[/quote]

The ratio of money spent on theming to the money spent on the actual ride will be higher than any previous Secret Weapon.

We will answer another question in exactly one hour. It will either be one already submitted or one submitted within the next hour.[/quote]

Of course it will, poppet.

*pats on head*
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
rightbackgranty

You cannot argue against Maude de Nevilles consistancy. A response one hour from their previous.

Thanks for the answer though - promising news for the enthusiasts here that want to see an immersive experience!
FallingStar

[quote=""Maude de Neville""][quote=""Hobbes""]How large is the theming budget? (You can use vague terms like 'large' etc. if you want :P)[/quote]

We will answer another question in exactly one hour. It will either be one already submitted or one submitted within the next hour.[/quote]

As in more theming than nemesis? If so, then... WOW

Also, even if it isn't better than Nemesis, we're all missing the point. This is to replace Corkscrew. Anything better than corkscrew would be good xD
Chris W

Maude de Neville is also posting on ATA but answering the same questions on both websites, so it is not a guarantee that one of TTF's questions will be answered.

It's all very exciting tisn't it?

Maude, what kind of viral campaign can we expect? Youtube? ARG? Mini-website?
rightbackgranty

[quote=""RC3_Taz""]
As in more theming than nemesis? If so, then... WOW

Also, even if it isn't better than Nemesis, we're all missing the point. This is to replace Corkscrew. Anything better than corkscrew would be good xD[/quote]

Not necessarily no. If Nemesis's total budget was £40 million (I know it wasnt, but theoretically), and its themeing budget was £5 million of that total, then its budget would be 1/8th of its total budget.

If SW6 has a budget of 12 million, and 4 million is for themeing, then its spending ratio is 1/3rd its total budget.

Although the ratio has increased, the actual monetary budget for themeing has actually decreased.

Be careful of statistics - they can often be used to mask things that they dont want to reveal :wink: Doesn't necessarily mean that the rides themeing will be any less impressive however!
Last edited by rightbackgranty on Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AstroDan

What a load of rubbish!

However, it very nice to see such intense posting on the matter at the moment, we've been waiting for this since 2004/5.

I find the whole "questions" thing utterley ridiculous.