2010: Secret Weapon Six Part Three

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
spenner

i think John wardley was in the making of the bond film with special effects aswell as illusions and so on. If he has any say in the design of the outer shell of the ride such as themeing which im guessing he will do it should be pritty damn good.

And its definitely something to get excited about aswell as the coaster.
And.

The fact it's pretty much confirmed as SW6 worries me a bit.

All the other SWs have set a high benchmark. Alton must pull something special off to even match the likes of Nemesis, Air and Oblivion - let alone surpass them.

So far as I can see there isn't anything overly special about this ride from what we actually know.

I guess it all hinges on what exactly happens inside the building.
billyrae

[quote=""spenner""]i think John wardley was in the making of the bond film with special effects aswell as illusions and so on. If he has any say in the design of the outer shell of the ride such as themeing which im guessing he will do it should be pritty damn good.

And its definitely something to get excited about as well as the coaster.[/quote]

Don't forget Brendan Walker.This is a quote from an interview he gave some years ago

"I also want to create the ultimate roller coaster, which responds to the rider's emotions. It would be a world first, the ultimate thrill."

He is currently working on the drop element for a roller coaster in the UK.

Anyone know who the woman is who has worked on the teaming for nearly all the Tussuad's-Merlin rides etc
Mankey

If you're expecting a coaster as intense as Nemesis you probs will feel let down. To be honest, with me, if it has amazing effects I love it! Every ride is different to peoples taste... as far as i know, this looks like a family coaster. But before people say that it will suck... Big Thunder Mountain anyone?

Anything can be achieved with amazing scenery. Lets just hope thats what it'll have!

Until then, i'm not rating this ride amazing or crap... I will rate it after riding it!
Back from hibernation!
And.

[quote=""Mankey""]If you're expecting a coaster as intense as Nemesis you probs will feel let down.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying that I was expecting a coaster as intense as Nemesis. I was simply talking about the SW label and how benchmarks in terms of immersive experiences and technology have been set across the park by the other SWs.

I too am reserving full judgement on the ride experience itself until after I've ridden it next year. That doesn't mean I'm not worried about whether they can pull it off though.
Mankey

[quote=""And.""][quote=""Mankey""]If you're expecting a coaster as intense as Nemesis you probs will feel let down.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying that I was expecting a coaster as intense as Nemesis. I was simply talking about the SW label and how benchmarks in terms of immersive experiences and technology have been set across the park by the other SWs.

I too am reserving full judgement on the ride experience itself until after I've ridden it next year. That doesn't mean I'm not worried about whether they can pull it off though.[/quote]

I wasn't having a go sorry! :) I was just talking about it in general! I've heard a few people complaining cuz theres no inversions and stuff and that its not too high. What you said kinda sparked me to make that comment! :)

If it's themed well... it will be most definately a SW! :wink:
Back from hibernation!
FootieGamer

Has it already been posted in here that the ride has 1.2M restriction?
Corkscrewed

This coaster will (hopefully) be a totally new experiance at Alton. What have we got at the moment then:
Nemesis - Intense and packed with Thrills.
Oblivion - Psychology used to highlight a single (albeit awesome) thrill.
Air - Feeling of Flight.
Rita - one for the speed freaks.

SW6 will end up being as good as previous SWs due to one fact: It'll offer something that will never have been offered at Alton (and possibly anywhere in the world) before. And that does it for me really. If it's suitable to be classed as a family coaster as well as a thrill, then it means there will be a different feel to it from the above mentioned coasters. This is good, adds more to the day than any thrill coaster could.

Also, We know very little about the coaster, apart from the basic layout. Who knows what we'll end up with? Could live up to even the highest of expectations. Anyway, at the end of the day, I'm very, very excited about this coaster, mainly as I still haven't a clue as to what to expect. I've also kept away from all the guesswork and speculation as for now, I don't really know anything about this coaster, so I'm keeping my insane (yet plausible) little ideas to myself :D

Now Marketing... It seems to me as if things are beginning to slowly swing into action. Whether or not the current poem/video creation is genuine or a very clever fake, I don't know, and I'm not going to judge either. But it's all rather interesting isn't it? I'm very interested with how they intend to sell this coaster, and may even enjoy watching the marketing unfold more than the construction!

Tis an exciting time to be an Alton fan I feel, and I look forward to all the future developments :D
Anonymous

[quote=""FootieGamer""]Has it already been posted in here that the ride has 1.2M restriction?[/quote]
How do you know this?
James

I would have thought that it would be a 1.4 restriction. The time is coming...
Chris W

It was mentioned many months ago that it would be 1.2m (I think).
Or something like it would be the same as Corkscrew in terms of height restriction and capacity.

I can't remember who said it or when it was said but 1.2m is familiar to me.
MakeBritianHappy

It's beginning. Watch the Ground.

:)
Matt.C

Your scary MBH. I get chills from 'it's beginning' for some reason. 40 minutes to go until [s:2qz4odo5]another poem[/s:2qz4odo5] information pack 2 is posted.
Chris W

Did a WhoIs Domain lookup on MakeBritainHappy's new website, didn't show any secrets.
I thought there might have been something mysterious on the domain registration info.
theflamingbrick

Been a while since I've written anything on here.

I have to say I am quite excited by all this viral marketing. If I had to say anything I would be leaning more towards the Maude person as his video seemed more authentic in my opinion. This is in no way doubting the authenticity of MBH. His video works well as you are waiting for something to jump out at you or something along those lines but it doesn't; bringing this essence of suspense. Maudes video also accomplished this but on a smaller scale due to more use of words.

Im looking forward to this information pack. Even if it is bogus, it sure is fun!
Mankey

Maude De Neville is currently browing this forum!
Users browsing this forum: altongeek, chr1s, davidaiow, Dylan32, havaska, hawkeye, Jakob, Jay247uk, Jlton, Jon, leighton132, lovefurypassionenergy, Mankey, Maude de Neville, Moley, RC3_Taz, ryanha5, Satch, spenner, suffy, theflamingbrick, UnleashedLlama and 13 guests
Back from hibernation!
rightbackgranty

Considering the slating that these videos have received, there's still a lot of people watching this thread!

Im looking forward to the coming discussions! Even if its not by Towers themselves, its still good fun 8)
Maude de Neville

Information Pack 2

We can confirm a few facts about the new ride at Alton Towers for 2010.

- The rides codename is Secret Weapon 6.
- This viral marketing campaign is being undertaken by a small external marketing company anonymously on behalf of Merlin. We will be conducting all viral marketing, while Merlin will launch a traditional advertising campaign nearer the rides projected opening date produced in-house.
- The rides story will be "faction", in that it uses genuine historical figures and locations in a fictional narrative.
- The rides theme will surround the legend of the "Alton Hound", the story being revealed in the first information pack. The story is indeed based on the legend of Beddgelert.
- The theme of the ride will be interlinked with Hex to some degree.
- We are the only organization who have been commissioned to create a viral marketing campaign. There are no "duel" campaigns running that purposefully contradict each other.
- The campaign will be split into two distinct parts, a part aimed at enthusiasts and a part aimed at the public. They will be intertwined, but very different.

Now is your chance to have your questions answered by the Secret Weapon 6 marketing team. We will be answering a select few of your questions, please leave them in this topic.
rightbackgranty

May I be the first to ask - who is the ride manufacturer?
Last edited by rightbackgranty on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig

The server is more than capable of coping :P.

Busy for a Monday night with 90 users online though.

For all guests - You could always sign up you know, we don't bite. Aside from a couple who have a nasty nip! :D