2010: Secret Weapon Six Part Three

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
billyrae

Well here is your movie maker [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/ziggyame" target="_blank]http://www.youtube.com/user/ziggyame[/url]

Is he a member here ?
davidaiow

How is he the maker? I believe he is a member.
Corkscrewed

Imagineer John is a Member of Towers Nerd, not sure about here though.
Rob L

I personally think that we should wait and see what happens tomorrow evening, we should have a better idea then of whether it is real or not. The poem is very convincing for me, it's giving me hope that it could all be real and it would be great if it was. Roll on 8.30pm tomorrow I say!

Chris W

And you know this how billyrae? :roll:

Imagineer John is very talented, he makes the sims on Towers Nerd.

Yeah, I agree, tomorrow will be make or break if it is real or not.

1st of April 2010 is a Thursday, opening dates are usually a weekend.
MakeBritianHappy

Something is beginning to stir. Watch the Ground.

:)
And.

Easter next year falls on Sunday 4th April.

Given that the park traditionally opens 2 or 3 weeks before easter, that'd indicate a park opening date of either Saturday 14th March 2010 or Saturday 21st March 2010.

It could be possible that the ride might open on 1st April 2010, but surely given the timescale they've got, they'd be aiming for a start of season opening?
Rob L

Just found out that holes have started being dug on-site, so something is beginning to stir on the ground! So work has definitely started now which is good. Everything is happening all at once though now, we've got 3 or 4 possible viral marketing campaigns and construction starting, interesting times!

Joe Koopa

[quote=""Jlton""]As said earlier in the topic, notice the date on there is 1st April(April Fools anyone?). Also notice that the year is 2010...[/quote]

The past pictures MakeBritainHappy put up were on the 1st of Feb & the 1st of March, so I just expect he's taking them on the 1st. :)

BTW, have you noticed the video in MBH's sig-
[url=" target="_blank][/url]
And.

[quote=""Koopa-Troopa""][quote=""Jlton""]As said earlier in the topic, notice the date on there is 1st April(April Fools anyone?). Also notice that the year is 2010...[/quote]

The past pictures MakeBritainHappy put up were on the 1st of Feb & the 1st of March, so I just expect he's taking them on the 1st. :)

BTW, have you noticed the video in MBH's sig-
[url=" target="_blank][/url][/quote]

Geezus! Another "viral" vid. I just don't know what to make of them!

That one seems more plausable, but again - it could have been made by anybody.
rightbackgranty

I thought it was more plausable until the last bit - the font bouncing around the screen just seemed... cheap? The forest images I liked though.. they do look like the woods surrounding Alton.
Mankey

That video seems a bit more professional somehow... :P still... wtf? :P

Also that was uploaded an hour ago.

Strange!
Back from hibernation!
Chris W

MakeBritainHappy has links with Alton Towers don't they? Wasn't that deduced when all those pictures were posted?
The footage by MBH looks like its stock footage.

The video is:

A video of moving clouds.
A (not very dense) forest.
Next is a more dense forest.
Pictures of the statues and other photos MBH has posted in the past flash on the screen.
The text then displayed is: Watch the ground. Watch the night. Night watch.
Throughout the video static pops up.

If groundwork has started like Rob said (Woot) then things are definitely starting to heat up.
FallingStar

Could it not be possible that the videos from both MBH and Maude de Neville are official ?
Joe Koopa

[quote=""RC3_Taz""]Could it not be possible that the videos from both MBH and Maude de Neville are official ?[/quote]

I doubt it MakeBritainHappy told us to-
[quote=""MakeBritianHappy""]Watch The Ground. Not Nottingham.[/quote]
Rob L

Well yes it could be possible, but like I said we'll know more about the Maude do Neville stuff tomorrow evening so I'll make a further judgement then.

Right now I'm more excited about the fact that some sort of construction has started, even if it is just a bit of digging at least it's something! :D

Matt.C

To be honest Taz at this moment in time, for all we know, Leroy could be Claude Bolliger.
Jakob

This really is starting to get confusing (good?). When the first couple of videos came to light, I personally thought it was obviously "fake". Now though, I'm not too sure. It's quite possible that at least one of the youtube accounts is official and has been clouded by the unofficial ones.

If indeed work has begun then it seems likely that this is the time to start putting out the viral marketing. It'll be interesting to see where it goes and what else we have in store (apart from videos). We must remember, we haven't really had anything like this from the Towers since Oblivion, so we can't really predict what they have install for us. I for one am getting excited by the recent bloom of stuff, but won't go all out and say that it's Alton Towers themselves. At least not yet :P

And.. as a last thought :D Surely AT are aware of the videos by now? If they wern't official, they would presumably be asked by At to take them down...

All good anyway.
jipalu

Personally i only believe in MakeBritainHappy... All the others are just fans, saying that though, the latest vid from MBH is complete rubbish... Stock vids put together.. Oh..what am i going on about i dont know what to believe...

jiP...
GreggyFace

MBH's video has been removed :S

This is all so confusing :?
Signature too large, maximum signature size is 150x500 pixels.