2010: Secret Weapon Six Part Three

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Chris W

The same Information Pack has been posted on ATA, same time as here and by the same person.
Towers Nerd is less known so nothing has been posted on there.
Ythyslz

Im really not sold.

It's just to good to be true imho, ill eat my words if it all real i promise just atm... i dont see it, ALTHOUGH i would really love that to be the story its so great! lol
Corkscrewed

*sighs* does look quite interesting, I'll judge it more in 48 hours though, cos I'm being dificult. Typical me :D

Hey, at least something new to pick over, might actually start reading this topic properly again :P
Satch

I watched the video with the sound off. But why is it just images of Manchester City Centre? I see no more professionalism than in any other amatuer video on Youtube, so I am very sceptical about this.

Of course, if this heralds the return of Henry Hound, then you cannot imagine how happy I shall be!
seanyboyuk

hmm very interesting developments.
i think it might be real as the park will want to market this ride as much
as possible. its going to be their turning point for the parks future so
lots of speculation spreading will create a buzz. i feel more excited
about the ride now than i did a few months ago. i wonder how
the corkscrew will fit into the story? possibly mentioning the removal
of the ride unearthed the crypt?
rightbackgranty

An impressive video - the most impressive so far anyway. I'm hoping that it is real, because it seems to be enticing. The way that it is linked to Alton Towers directly also gives hope.... anything unofficial would probably be pulled very soon.

Im looking forward to 48 hours time - even if we're having the wool pulled over my eyes, at least they're making an effort!
NickT04

[quote=""Corkscrewed""]Hey, at least something new to pick over, might actually start reading this topic properly again :P[/quote]

I'm not the only one thinking that then! :D
James

I'll see what comes up in 24 hours. It's seems like the most proffesional video so far but I'm just not sure.

With all these members now I'd like to know which ones are real and which ones are just having us on.
seanyboyuk

maybe the crew who filmed the saw promos have a deal with this ride too?
Jon

I doubt this is real in the sense that Alton have made them, but I'm loving it.

I hate the attitude that if Alton haven't produced it's FAKE and we are being SCAMMED and LIED TO. And we should all not believe it and point the finger. Yes, be critical of the videos and discuss them, but don't rip them to shreds with little backup. It's just crap for discussion purposes!

It's a nice little video that. If Alton were to do something like that, it would have big impact.
Formerly "Dagoo"
rightbackgranty

Just been speaking to a friend thats spent 3 years on a movie production course (something along those lines) at uni.

After watching the video, and with no insider knowledge, she says shes inclined to believe that its done professionally. For several reasons - the first being the High Definition version being availible - you need good software for that. Also, the fact that it is linked to Alton Towers directly seems to make it more credible.

The maker is either a brilliant ameteur (and there are people out there....), or its real.
Blaze

I thought that video was excellent, and feel it COULD be genuine, stressing the word could.

I knew I had heard the story before, and it's quite a good back story for the ride, the alterations and poem adaption that have been made are excellent and make it fit really well, as well as making it sound more genuine, as do the videos of current rides, which would be difficult for a fan to get hold of.

The video says "Our most powerful weapon yet." So if it's real that pretty much confirms it is a SW, although it does show Rita, which is not, but it could just be used to strengthen the video, if you understand what I mean, unless Rita is a SW, just was never announced as one, maybe the SW tag does not indicate a special ride, just any thrill coaster, because until Rita, every coaster since Nemesis was a Secret Weapon, but I doubt that theory very much myself. And it will take something special to be more powerful than Nemesis, but again, thats almost certainly to make it sound more exciting.

In summary, I think the video may be real, although it may not be, and it is certainly very exciting either way. It definitely sounds like a viral campaign, with the announcement of this earlier and now the announcement of another on Monday night.
James

What's also got me interested is the actual tags for the video:
alton towers altontowers new ride 2010 sw6 secret weapon secretweapon secretweapon6 marketing rollercoaster altontowers.com hound earl john talbot maude de neville maudedeneville
Mikey

[quote=""Jlton""]What's also got me interested is the actual tags for the video:
alton towers altontowers new ride 2010 sw6 secret weapon secretweapon secretweapon6 marketing rollercoaster altontowers.com hound earl john talbot maude de neville maudedeneville
[/quote]

Would AT, if they were attempting a viral campaign, really tag the vid with 'sw6'. It's not even confirmed that it is a SW. The new video is nicely edited, but as I've said it seems a strange time of day for a new video to be released.

Let's see what monday brings.
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
James

[quote=""Mikey""][quote=""Jlton""]What's also got me interested is the actual tags for the video:
[/quote]

Would AT, if they were attempting a viral campaign, really tag the vid with 'sw6'. It's not even confirmed that it is a SW. The new video is nicely edited, but as I've said it seems a strange time of day for a new video to be released.

Let's see what monday brings.[/quote]

That's what I thought.

Whether their fake or not it's kept this topic going the last few days and it's better than weeks of saying who we think the manufacture is. I just so hope Alton release something defintally official soon.
Mankey

Hmmm... interesting...

The only thing which is throwing me is the use of Rita's advert, makes it seem quite cheap and well... made up for prank purposes. Also, the whole thing reminds me insanely of the build up and story for Nemesis. Its worryingly similar! Something which has been hidden for years which has been woken up which causes havok... its all so familar! Deja-Vu anyone?

Wish this was posted on the 1st of april! :P That way we'd all know!

EDIT: What i said about them using rita though might be similar to what Thorpe did with Saw though..

[url=" target="_blank][/url]

To be fair its insanely similar... only i still feel thorpes one is a bit more professional... bits of the hound vid seem more pixilated than at other moments as if its been recorded from youtube or downloaded several times.
Last edited by Mankey on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back from hibernation!
Blaze

[quote=""Mankey""]...The only thing which is throwing me is the use of Rita's advert...[/quote]
Thanks, I did not notice that it was the advert for Rita, but Alton Towers will have access to the adverts, so it makes sence to use them. and the other footage is not from the adverts, and are not so easy to find by fans.
I am not saying it is real, but at the same time, it may be, I am keeping open so far, and waiting to see what happens on Monday.
billyrae

[quote=""Maude de Neville""]Information Pack 1

[url=" target="_blank][/url]

A trumpet blast, a charge into the light
From Alton Towers the hunt took flight
The Earl was confused and puzzled to why
His favorite hound was nowhere to his eye.

Upon the hunting parties return
The Earl's young child raised concern
For nowhere was he to be seen
Then suddenly an unearthly scream.

Her clothes covered in crimson smears
Her eyes alight, filled with fear
The maid cried the hound had killed the boy
With blood on it's fangs and eyes full of joy.

The frantic Earl, blinded by grief
Withdrew his blade from it's sheath
An almighty plunge of this hunting knife
Took the hound bereft of life.

The dog's dying cry awoke his son
Peacefully concealed in another room
But nearby, a slain wolf was found
The true attacker lay on the ground.

The Earl realised his dreadful error
His heart began to fill with terror
His child had been saved by the hound
Which lay displaying the fatal wound.

The poor dog's bones were laid to rest
North of the Towers in sacred ground blessed
From that day forth the Earl never smiled
His haunting mistake turning him wild.

His heart ripped and removed
The Earl's sorrow forever proved.

In an unmarked grave in Alton Towers
Lies a simple bed of flowers
In 2009 it's grave was disturbed
The Alton hound's accidental rebirth.

Read the above carefully. Your next information pack will be released in 48 hours from this point in time.[/quote]

Your a poet dont ya know it :mrgreen:

---- Post Info Added ----

[quote=""suffy""]Well on Page 46 billyrae said that the Ghost of Frank Butler is said to rome the towers - Frank Butler lived from 1908-1912 - is it possible he is the boy which was killed? Just a quick idea. It seems everything would tie in then.

Mike.[/quote]

No he worked there from 1908-1912
Altonator

Intresting info there :) but I think this is a fans attempt at marketing and has nothing to do with Alton as all the non Alton footage in the video was filmed in Nottingham - Not sure why Alton would shoot promo vids there?
It also mentions the Alton Website and when you visit Altons Website theres no mention of the video or SW6.
What do you think?
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Rob L

[quote=""Blaze""][quote=""Mankey""]...The only thing which is throwing me is the use of Rita's advert...[/quote]
Thanks, I did not notice that it was the advert for Rita, but Alton Towers will have access to the adverts, so it makes sence to use them. and the other footage is not from the adverts, and are not so easy to find by fans.
I am not saying it is real, but at the same time, it may be, I am keeping open so far, and waiting to see what happens on Monday.[/quote]

All of the actual footage of the park in the video can easily be found on YouTube. The Oblivion footage is from the 2006 TV advert and the Nemesis footage is from YourDay videos. So the fact that all of the footage of the park is easily available to everyone gets me thinking about whether it is real or not. I really want all of this to be real but can't help but think it isn't.