Skyride NEW CARS spotted on M6???

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
stigzy

Oh how disappointing! What happened to the daisy gondola stuff?! DISAPPOINTING!
nvincer

Scratches, small marks, graffiti, thats what I would have thought there would be some of by the end of the season if anything. But then thats the same everywhere really - trains, buses, schools. Shouldn't really happen, but there is very little anyone can do.

Ben
James

I haven't really seen much damage to the sky ride in the past so there shouldn't be many problems and as long as Alton keep them maintained well then i'm sure they will look fine.
A5H

Last year i was driving down the M6 and we saw the Thomas train being delivered to Drayton Manor :!:
When its on a truck on the back it looks absolutely HUGE :lol:
Anonymous

About time the old ones got updated, last time i went they were in a terrible state.

[
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Skyride

i took this today when i was on park. looks sort of strange seeing it there.
Altonator

Great pic cheers Dave :)
Were there any cars on the cable between the stations today?
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
davidaiow

ooh. Those chairs look uncomfy...
Dave

im not sure ther seating has been installed in that one yet... it look smore likethe standard fittings that the seating is usualy attached to?

and no there were no other gondalars on the system that i coudl see yesterday. i could hear lots of hammering going on in the station though so clrearly work is still going on makeing the system work with them perfectly.
jonathan leake

Wow that would be cool seeing them go up the motorway. I once saw thomas the tank engine go up the motorway on the back of a lorry.
AstroDan

Monorail style benching would be better for the Skyride cars really. It may not be as comfy, but it's probably more vandalism-safe.
Dave

it dosent need to be comfy really though does it... your only sat in there for a few minutes at most.
A5H

It would be nice for a bit of comfort though.
Especially after hours of walking about. its nice to sit down in comfort for a little while :)
Although i don't like cable cars so i don't go on them lol :lol:
Mr Hyde

[quote=""stigzy""]Oh how disappointing! What happened to the daisy gondola stuff?! DISAPPOINTING![/quote]
Couldn't see out of the windows.
i want to be uploaded
Dave

Plus the daisy gondala last season looked cheap and tacky. it was just an inexpensive way of hidin gthe crap condition of the old gondalas, with these nice new shiney ones theres no need to do that. not yet anyway