Concerts

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
seanyboyuk

Does anybody know why Alton dont host concerts anymore with major bands playing at them?

Out of interest when Status Quo played there was there an extra charge on that day or was it you pay and goto the concert only deal?
Rita 2005

The Status Quo concerts in 2003 and 2004 were part of a Private Event orginised by BT on behalf of their staff, there were no paying 'public' on park just BT's invited guests. The last major concert was Brian Adams in 2000?.
Wes

I would say the Noise order is a bit of thing holding back from the park holding majour event such as this. They do use the Car Park next to Air for some events - However, I doubt this location would really attract big names, afterall, its just a car park.

If there wasn't a problem with noise, a large stage infront of the Lake with the Towers as a back drop is pretty unique.
towers freak

They dont one because of there noise embatement order and two because ur have the ropers complaining and taking the park to court.... again. It would be lovely if they could do though.
seanyboyuk

Alton should ship the ropers away in the black hole containers lol

If i was the owner i would offer them a nice house somewhere else and set them up for life!
And.

[quote=""seanyboyuk""]If i was the owner i would offer them a nice house somewhere else and set them up for life![/quote]

They tried that but the offer was refused :(
Corkscrewed

[quote=""And.""][quote=""seanyboyuk""]If i was the owner i would offer them a nice house somewhere else and set them up for life![/quote]

They tried that but the offer was refused :([/quote]

yeah not only are they the biggest moaners on the planet, they're also stubborn. Shame really, that would of kept both parties happy.
Wes

A home is a home though.
jonathan leake

This would be really cool if they did this again. I rember the Girls Aloud concert at Oakwood. That was a long time ago mind