Monorail overhaul complete

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Johno

I think something dead over the top could look really cool. Dark Purple floors, with gold fittings and dead over posh and grand. Like a red carpet for Alton idea.
Skumfidus

That's right Astro, and I hate the way the welcome staff try and tell you it's a 1 hour wait from the entrance to the train with no pens open and 5 minutes to the car parks walking just so they can go home!
jonathan leake

Iv never even used the Monorail as i usaly go by coach so its close to the entrance. I must admit the new Monorails do look alot better. I think that the supports could do with a repaint though.
Kaycee

I love Johno's idea! Lots of purple and gold, lots of OTT grandeur and splendour. Very fitting! Would love that. :D
Stu

I know this aint a disney monorail thread etc but couldnt find it but also it links to Towers Monorails....

I don't know which monorails i prefer.. the new towers ones or the new Disney ones... They were meant to be out Feb 2008 but when i went in June i didn't see one of the new ones at all.

[url=" target="_blank] ... re=related[/url]

Yeah Towers got diff ones that have a different theme and audio on each train which makes it more exciting... but the new disney ones look lush and high tech with Screens inside. yeah we know there alot bigger and bulkier and faster etc...

But i can't help thinking that Towers have diff themed ones make them more exciting? Yeah disney got diff colours lol YAY here's the Blue one! Yay heres the Red one!. lol. Wheres as towers were like "yeah Splash, yay COW etc." lol. Well to be fair disney have colours as they have routes i beleive that link all the stations together so you need to knw which one your getting on eg colour. But hmm im impressed with the Towers ones to be fair.. just hope the stations are done up cool and were onto a winner!.
zappomatic

[quote=""Mr Stu""]I know this aint a disney monorail thread etc but couldnt find it but also it links to Towers Monorails....

I don't know which monorails i prefer.. the new towers ones or the new Disney ones... They were meant to be out Feb 2008 but when i went in June i didn't see one of the new ones at all.

[url=" target="_blank] ... re=related[/url]

Yeah Towers got diff ones that have a different theme and audio on each train which makes it more exciting... but the new disney ones look lush and high tech with Screens inside. yeah we know there alot bigger and bulkier and faster etc...

But i can't help thinking that Towers have diff themed ones make them more exciting? Yeah disney got diff colours lol YAY here's the Blue one! Yay heres the Red one!. lol. Wheres as towers were like "yeah Splash, yay COW etc." lol. Well to be fair disney have colours as they have routes i beleive that link all the stations together so you need to knw which one your getting on eg colour. But hmm im impressed with the Towers ones to be fair.. just hope the stations are done up cool and were onto a winner!.[/quote]

That's the Disneyland monorail which just goes from Tomorrowland to Downtown Disney, so only two stations.

Walt Disney World monorails look a bit more conventional and although there are three different beams (Epcot, resort and express) any colour could appear on any route.
Dara

Its good that the Monorail has finally been given some attention, but i do think its a shame that the themes became so naff towards the end.

The Spalsh, Pirate and ATH themes were great, and even the Cow and Celebration themes were acceptable (but not brilliant), but i think that the Strawberry and Jelly Bean themes were very ordinary looking, like stock photos as someone said earlier on ths thread, and i think they could have been far more imaginative.

The first few trains were representative of what you'd expect around the resort. But the newere ones... :?
I mean, what have strawberries and Jelly Beans got to do with Alton Towers??
salty10

Well the last monorail hasn't been put to public use in 2008 because they wanted to put the last monorail on in 2009 to go with new sea life aquarium as im sure many know or have gessed that the last monorail is the sea life one.

Small video of the sea life monorail
[url=" target="_blank] ... annel_page[/url]
http]
Vik

The sealife one, from what I've seen when it was parked up outside the maintenance shed at the end of last season, does look very nice, and a vast improvement on some of the later trains that were done.

Also noticed the sealife train has been renumbered as 7. This train was originally number 10, pre refurb. Number 7 I am guessing, was the one that was written off some years ago when it crashed in to another train.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

GreggyFace

From what can be seen on the video, i personally love the sea life train :D
Its better than the previous few stock image trains and this will hopefully make people in the park aware that Alton have a sealife and it will remind them that they have to visit :)

I love it :clap:
Signature too large, maximum signature size is 150x500 pixels.