Quick Questions 2009

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Craig

A new year, a new quick questions topic! For those of you who don't know, here's the lowdown:

What's this all about then?
The Quick Questions topic is designed to do exactly what it says on its t'interweb tin. If you've got a question that doesn't really need much discussion, more a quick one post answer, then post it in here and one of our ever-friendly members will try and respond with an answer.

It's to try and keep things a bit more tidy and clutter free so that important discussion topics stay neatly on one page.

Do you have any handy links for reference?

Well if you fancy being all nostalgic, the old 2008 topic is located HERE fee free to have a read through that. Also, don't forget the search function up at the top of the page to see if your question has already been answered.

- The TowersTimes website contains a wealth of information about the park along with images and media.
- Of course there's also the official Alton Towers website to have a look at too.
AstroDan

Why wasn't the QQ09 thread started at midnight on 01/01/09?
NickT04

The forum wasn't online for one :lol:
Crofty

Why wasn't the forum online on 01/01/09?
CoasterCrazyChris

When is the 2009 park map released?

When is it normally produced nomally?
Corkscrewed

[quote=""Crofty""]Why wasn't the forum online on 01/01/09?[/quote]

Because the Datacentre were n00bs apparently :P

Can I get an Alton Towers Annual Pass without visiting the park, can I just get it delivered?
Last edited by Corkscrewed on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Dave

Normally comes about mid to end of feb.
chapmanmania

[quote=""Corkscrewed""]Can I get an Alton Towers Annual Pass without visiting the park, can I just get it delivered?[/quote]

You could get a gift voucher sent to you, then redeem it on park.
Corkscrewed

[quote=""chapmanmania""][quote=""Corkscrewed""]Can I get an Alton Towers Annual Pass without visiting the park, can I just get it delivered?[/quote]

You could get a gift voucher sent to you, then redeem it on park.[/quote]

I want an alton pass, not a merlin one. Unless you can get Alton gift vouchers too.

EDIT: I've sorted it out, with AT passes they can post them to you :) so thats what I done and I am now (Hopefully) an Annual pass holder ^.^
Vanessa Feltz

Should I get an Alton Season pass?

I estimate coming to the park about 3 times minimum
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Craig

[quote=""Oblvijohn""]Should I get an Alton Season pass?

I estimate coming to the park about 3 times minimum[/quote]

If it's no more than 3 times (possibly 4) you're on the limit of needing an Annual Pass if you use lastminute.com ticket offers and bouncebacks etc.

However, if you factor in food and drink costs, parking being free and discounts for hotel stays you may find it'll come in handy.
NF2

I usually go to Alton 5 or 6 times a year, getting most my tickets online at reduced rate. I spent £70ish on tickets last year and thought an Annual pass could help this season as my visits are getting more frequent, however my mum isn't convinced in their value. We get NHS discounts, can they be used on AP's?

It would help convince my family if you could get an NHS discount, but I still think for how much you pay being lower than two gate visits is phenomenal value!
AstroDan

There are no discounts for AP's, as they are already very good value.

When you, as Craig said above, factor in -20% off food, drink shopping, water park, golf, hotel etc. then they are very good.

:D
caffeine_demon

What's the best way to get in the park without paying anything??

:sus:
AstroDan

In one of these:

BSwiss

Hi, first post here.

I've just got my first annual pass and i was wondering where do you pick up the real thing from?

Also, can i use it to get a discount on a room in the hotel or does everyone in the room need an annual pass to get the discount?

Thanks guys
Stu

They should send you some sort of comformation and you get it printed at the first main park you visit. Or unless you have sent a picture you should get it in the post.

And not everyone who's staying in the room needs an annual pass, just the person booking it as they now do ask for the annual pass number on your card.
BSwiss

Thanks Mr Stu

I've just sent my picture off last night. :D
Kaycee

Topic merged with Quick Questions. :) Welcome to the forum BSwiss!
allen83

hi all, i am looking to apply at the towers as a ride host but would like to know what the pay is like.
Allen