2010: Secret Weapon 6 Part Two

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Joe Koopa

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! (If You're Not Serious Then I'll Be To Upset)

I demand a party!

:D/ :pelvic: :joy: :raving: :boogy:
Tommy

It's good news if it's true. I'm sceptical at how anyone can be receiving updates from the meeting, but I have heard from someone else that it has gone through to.

Not sure though yet, I personally believe it though :).

:D
AstroDan

Christ. I'ven been on the phone to them solidly all afternoon, and only just got through! Oh well, who needs news reporters.

Coke

YES! :D :D

Are you thirsty?
BSwiss

This is great news, I was half expecting it to be moved back a month. I hope there's a mention of it on the new map.

:)
AstroDan

TT can confirm that the rollercoaster has gone through. From TT News:
2010 Rollercoaster Approved!
Alton Towers new rollercoaster for the 2010 season has been approved, just minutes ago, by Staffordshire Moorlands District Council. The ride, which will replace the Corkscrew, is dubbed to have world first features and has been codenamed "Secret Weapon Six".

More news as we get it.
Mattmash

Great news! :D

Thanks to all who went to lengths to get us this news. Been refreshing a few news webpages all day lol.

Now we have lots to look forward to. Maybe more details released and construction to follow. Can't wait. :)
Corkscrewed

Oh good.

Now we can all stop stressing and actually get excited about this thing xD
davidaiow

A big thanks to every amature snooper! It is excellent news. I've been refreshing this page for the last hour (sad I know).

Now let excitment commence!
adsyrah

Excellent news!

Can't wait to see some of the construction pics towards the end of the year. i'm really hoping they manage to keep the world first part of the ride under wraps until very near the end - keeps the sense of mystery alive.
Tommy

I think that there would have been an inclusion of the ride on the map regardless of the planning being passed.

But looking at the map from the Sun i'd have thought that if they were going to put anything on they would have done on that map too.

We shall see I suppose, I personally think that it will make an appearance, as have former secret weapons :)
Last edited by Tommy on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickT04

Just as someone wins the 250K on Deal Or No Deal this goes through. Good news around! :D
Javs

Bloody marvellous! And timing is perfect, as now that SAW at TP is complete I need a new rollercoaster project to follow over the next year. So exciting! :D
Jon

Great news, obviously.

Will they release a kind of...amended planning document? Nothing major, I just want to see what changes will be made to the station?
Formerly "Dagoo"
AstroDan

Quite funny that literally the day that a number of enthusiast forums visit TP for Saw, the AT project is approved.

Tommy

I can't see them amending any kind of plans now to be honest. The only reason the plans were online was so that people could see what was being approved.

But with it being approved now I don't see Alton wanting to publish documents they don't need to. However, I'm no expert, so they could update plans. I just think that with it being approved they wouldn't go through the trouble when the only people that will really approve are enthusiasts etc.

I'd love to see how it's been comfirmed to look like though, so any kind of plans we could see now would be good :)
AstroDan

SW6 Part Three

Please use above thread! Thanks!

This Topic is now so full, it's been locked!