Which Rides Do You Not Ride?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
jam&lob

If you only came to Alton Towers once a year and the queues were normalish, which rides would you not bother riding? (Obviously leave out all the ones for little children)
Last edited by jam&lob on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit The Online Games Directory
http://www.freewebs.com/togd/
Voni86

I think I'd leave out Ripsaw, because it actually terrifies me, I feel so unsafe in it! Ditto for the Ug Swingers.
jonathan leake

I miss out Ripsaw as i can always go on the one at chessington which is closer to my house. Also submission as i really dont like it.
CoasterCrazyChris

Ripsaw - I don't think I could face those jets.

Ug Swinger - Boring, bit average, very common to find at even very small parks these days.

All the other flat rides really, Submission (although I would like to try it someday I can be bothered), Enterprise, Blade, Heave Ho, Marauders Mayhem, Beastie and Frog Hopper.

Battle Galleons - again, would really like to try this soon, but I don't think I can be bothered to get drenched...
AstroDan

The only attraction I purposefully avoid is Enterprise. Other than that, there's nothing I won't ride.

:)
TB2

I'd ride everything but Ripsaw. hate it, it just seems so pointless.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Ollie

Submission and Enterprise, I totally avoid.

I usually skip the Blade, Marauder's Mayhem and Heave Ho too.
Patrick

Ripsaw, Submission, Enterprise and Marauder's Mayhem make me feel really sick so I avoid them. Pretty much all the flats apart from UG Swinger which I love.
CoasterCrazyChris

[quote=""TB2""]I'd ride everything but Ripsaw. hate it, it just seems so pointless.[/quote]

Most flats are pointless TBH. They only ever give you a cheap thrill and not much of an experience at all, you only have to visit Thorpe to know that.
wooJL

Ripsaw, never been on it, proberly be why I'd miss it. I just don't see the attraction it has for some people! :)
Kelly

Ripsaw - Never been on it, and never intend to.

Submission - Same as Ripsaw.

Enterprise - Same as above.

Blade - Makes me feel weird, so I just avoid it.

Marauders Mayhem - I detest tea cup rides due to a bad experience as a child.

Battle Galleons - If the weathers bad.
BIan

I dont tend to avoid any rides, as long as someone is up for going on.

Rides I dont like are flat rides though, fine with Rollercoasters, but a big fear of flat rides. Just dont look safe enough to me :)

Ian
Jon

Spinball in a weird way. Simply because I have my opportunist head on when I visit the themepark because it isn't something I do as often as a lot of others on here. There is never a good time to ride it. Rita or Air and Nemesis are nearly always done in the morning. The only good time to ride Spinball really is just before the queue closes, so I only ever go on it if the queue is weirdly short as I pass it or if I'm not elsewhere at queueshut. It isn't good enough for me to fret about really anyway!
Formerly "Dagoo"
Mattt

I have never been on:

Blade
Ripsaw
Enterprise
Ug swingers
Submission
Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem
And...
...Corkscrew :(
Khanage

I often miss out Enterprise, Submission and the Tea Cups (MM). Of the smaller rides I do try and go on Blade as I love Pirate Ships.

Oh and I have never, ever ridden the Ug Swinger.

---- Post Info Added ----

/
I don't know why but I actually love wave swinger rides like the UgS but I have this irrational fear that I am too heavy for them (18st) and it is going to break and fling me off to my imminent death. I went on the wave swinger at PA last month and all the time I was just thinking of how I was going to try and land if I broke free. (The only ride I really have a fear of!)
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Dave

i usualy skip Ripsaw, just not a fan of getting wet through. truth be told i usualy avoid the rapids and flume too... but ive been known to go on them sometimes.
NickT04

I went on Marauders Mayhem on Sunday simply because I'd never been on "Tea Cups" before. Wasn't much to shout about!

I usually only go on the following rides because mates make me!

Blade
Submission
Ug Swingers

I usually leave Ripsaw too, at least on flume and rapids I can control how wet I get. Plus on Battle Galleons it's my own stupidity that gets me went. I don't do Heave Ho at all either.
Rowe

Everytime:

Submission
Heave Ho
Marauder's Mayhem

Sometimes:

Blade
Ripsaw
Ug Swinger
Enterprise
Battle Galleons
ReallyRollercoasterRules

Everytime:

None

Sometimes:

Marauders Mayhem
Heave Ho
Submission
Battle Galleons

:D
Really Rollercoaster- The Latest Theme Park News & Reviews

http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/
CoasterCrazyChris

This topic has really shown (so far) just how unpopular AT' flats really are; particularly Submission. No surprises there then.