Prosthetic ear found under rollercoaster

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dyls

A prosthetic ear and leg have been found during a clear-up at a theme park's rollercoaster ride.
The unexpected finds were found in and around Alton Towers' Corkscrew ride.

Russell Barnes, from the theme park, said: "As the Corkscrew is the oldest rollercoaster in the Park, we were expecting to find some strange items when we started clearing the Corkscrew area but a prosthetic leg definitely tops the list as the most bizarre.

"If anyone has any information on the missing leg, we would be keen to hear from them."

The theme park said usual lost property was car keys, money and mobile phones.

The 28 year-old Corkscrew rollercoaster is being closed and will run for the final time on November 9 when the park will be hosting a special day for members of the public who would like to ride the coaster one last time.

Link: [url=http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.ht ... _page_id=2" target="_blank]http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.ht ... _page_id=2[/url]
Marky_Boy

Oh this couldn't POSSIBLY be a publicity stunt could it??? :P
Dyls

[quote=""Marky_Boy""]Oh this couldn't POSSIBLY be a publicity stunt could it??? :P[/quote]

I suppose it would be hard to miss the fact that the person had lost the leg
Nemair

I thought for a moment it said Prehistoric!

Now that would be bizzare!
DomB

[quote=""Nemair""]I thought for a moment it said Prehistoric!

Now that would be bizzare![/quote]

And a big coincidence...

They're just trying to find little storys, so that they can say, Corkscrews going..
caffeine_demon

[quote=""Dyls""]
"If anyone has any information on the missing leg, we would be keen to hear from them."
[/quote]

I wondered why I'd developed a limp...
Jon

There had to be at least one more of these before he left.
Very funny.
Formerly "Dagoo"
Beth

I find it funny that for an article on Corkscrew they have an image of Rita.

And seriously, a prosthetic leg??
Gosh, surely the owner would of gone to Customer Service immediately to try and get it back, same with the ear.
I smell publicity stunt also :]
::: (\\(\\
*: (=\' :\') :*
•.. (,(\'\')(\'\')¤°
Rita 2005

I can't believe that they found the ear at last. I and the whole of the Corkscrew Team spent over 2 hours looking for that ear in one evening in the Summer of 2000. We found the electronic parts of the ear but not the latex ear itself!. According the the South African guy who lost it, it was valued at over £2,000 but it was insured luckily.
Dunny#1

:lol: Haha that advantages of haivngh ex employees :D
towers freak

If you look at the picture of rita on the news page. The front bit of rita is missing. I blew up the picture so you can see it.
Last edited by towers freak on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LukeJ

[quote=""towers freak""]if you look at the picture of rita on the news page. the front bit of rita is missing. I blew up the picture so you can see it.
Image[/quote]

HAHAHA, whats going on there?

It definatley a publicity stunt, I mean, you would obvioulsy not notice if your lost your leg :roll:
ReallyRollercoasterRules

Maybe Alton Towers is where Jigsaw has set up camp?

What an idiot- everyone knows that SAW: THE RIDE will be at Thorpe Park :roll:

:lol:
Really Rollercoaster- The Latest Theme Park News & Reviews

http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/
Ash

Its for filming
Big Dave

Yh they take the nose cone off to attach the cameras onto the ride. Also we have lost false ears on Ripsaw before.
Mankey

[quote=""Mick, kobe, japan""]I go to pieces on rollercoasters too![/quote]

LMFAO!!! what a fantastic reply...

I can smell poo a mile off though! and i think this is pooey! :P

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Justtracy

:lol: I didn't think you could ride if you were 'legless' :drunk:
Hark

An array of lost property has been collecting during the ride's 28-year history, after apparently falling from looping thrillseekers.
The collection included 10 items of underwear, a prosthetic ear, 800 pieces of jewellery, 53 shoes - none of which matched - 327 mobile phones and thousands of caps.
A clear up of the site has begun ahead of the famed ride's final loop at the Staffordshire theme park on November 9.
Russell Barnes, from Alton Towers, said: "We deal with over 5,000 items of lost property every year including several unusual finds.
"As the Corkscrew is the oldest rollercoaster in the park, we were expecting to find some strange items when we started clearing the Corkscrew area but a prosthetic leg definitely tops the list as the most bizarre."
From sky.com

800 Pieces of Jewellery.. must be raking it in.
ihavenoknees

Well the same has been done for Blackpools log flume and no doubt many many more. However the flume had a large pool of water for stuff to collect and be hidden. Where the shazbot did they find all of this before the ride is even closed?? Not in places that were checked annually for its main inspection. Unless the mechanic comes back with a union gripe.

:|
see above[/i]
Lauren

[quote=""Hark""]
An array of lost property has been collecting during the ride's 28-year history, after apparently falling from looping thrillseekers.
The collection included 10 items of underwear, a prosthetic ear, 800 pieces of jewellery, 53 shoes - none of which matched - 327 mobile phones and thousands of caps.
A clear up of the site has begun ahead of the famed ride's final loop at the Staffordshire theme park on November 9.
Russell Barnes, from Alton Towers, said: "We deal with over 5,000 items of lost property every year including several unusual finds.
"As the Corkscrew is the oldest rollercoaster in the park, we were expecting to find some strange items when we started clearing the Corkscrew area but a prosthetic leg definitely tops the list as the most bizarre."
From sky.com

800 Pieces of Jewellery.. must be raking it in.[/quote]

It makes me wonder what area all this stuff possibly fits in? Im sure you would notice on-ride if there were phones etc on the floor.