Prosthetic ear found under rollercoaster

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Rob L

If there were thousands of caps on Corkscrews site then it would be easy to see them while riding, this has to be a publicity stunt. Also it's highly unlikely that they would only now find all of this stuff, the ride does under go maintenance in the closed season. It's perfect timing for then to find it all, just over a week until 9th November.

rightbackgranty

They might mean cumulatively, over the past 10 years they have had...

Im sure it'd be pretty easy to spot thousands of hats littered about the corkscrew site.
Kaz

I remember when I was little and my mum lost a pretty expensive ear ring on corkscrew, got in contact with management after and they got a group to search the ride are but to no avail. It would be interesting to see if they have found it after all this time!
Lon

I smell a rat, this is a cheap publicity stunt, the ride has not been moved, so why should they suddenly find all this stuff now, did they never clean the ride area in all the years it was there, or suddenly all this stuff got lost this season?

Funny how if you look up London Underground's list of bizarre lost property items a prosthetic leg is in there too. I'm tempted to ring Alton and claim I've lost a prosthetic leg, have they found one?
Rita 2005

[quote=""Lon""]I smell a rat, this is a cheap publicity stunt, the ride has not been moved, so why should they suddenly find all this stuff now, did they never clean the ride area in all the years it was there, or suddenly all this stuff got lost this season?

Funny how if you look up London Underground's list of bizarre lost property items a prosthetic leg is in there too. I'm tempted to ring Alton and claim I've lost a prosthetic leg, have they found one?[/quote]The Corkscrew's ride area is over 2 acres in area, plus about half the area's perimeter is woodland here many loose object end up. The ride area is cleaned every day but the staff simply do no have time to look under every rock and support and over the perimeter fence.
Lon

[quote=""Rita 2005""][quote=""Lon""]I smell a rat, this is a cheap publicity stunt, the ride has not been moved, so why should they suddenly find all this stuff now, did they never clean the ride area in all the years it was there, or suddenly all this stuff got lost this season?

Funny how if you look up London Underground's list of bizarre lost property items a prosthetic leg is in there too. I'm tempted to ring Alton and claim I've lost a prosthetic leg, have they found one?[/quote]The Corkscrew's ride area is over 2 acres in area, plus about half the area's perimeter is woodland here many loose object end up. The ride area is cleaned every day but the staff simply do no have time to look under every rock and support and over the perimeter fence.[/quote]

Oops my leg just fell off and flew off under a rock.
Rita 2005

[quote=""Lon""][quote=""Rita 2005""][quote=""Lon""]I smell a rat, this is a cheap publicity stunt, the ride has not been moved, so why should they suddenly find all this stuff now, did they never clean the ride area in all the years it was there, or suddenly all this stuff got lost this season?

Funny how if you look up London Underground's list of bizarre lost property items a prosthetic leg is in there too. I'm tempted to ring Alton and claim I've lost a prosthetic leg, have they found one?[/quote]The Corkscrew's ride area is over 2 acres in area, plus about half the area's perimeter is woodland here many loose object end up. The ride area is cleaned every day but the staff simply do no have time to look under every rock and support and over the perimeter fence.[/quote]

Oops my leg just fell off and flew off under a rock.[/quote]It was more then likely found under one of the concrete counterweights or in the woodland next to the track.
Nick

Or nothing was found at all...the most likely outcome to the story
jonathan leake

[quote=""Mankey""][quote=""Mick, kobe, japan""]I go to pieces on rollercoasters too![/quote]

LMFAO!!! what a fantastic reply...

I can smell poo a mile off though! and i think this is pooey! :P

^^ Chris ^^[/quote]

HAHA that so funny iv been laughing for the past hour
Lon

I hope they are going to hand all this lost property into the police.
Magical Ryan

According to Russell Barnes all the money they find they give to charity! So I would exspect a big donation from corkscrew :D