Which coaster is most pleasing on the eye?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Khanage

To break from the trend I am going to say...AIR. It just has to be, although have they sorted out that bloomin tunnel yet?!

If I wasn't to say Air I would say Oblivion 10 years ago.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

DaveFreeze

Definitly Nemesis
evil cod

Rita, the only ride that has been looked after and doesnt look like its crumbling apart. Would be Nemi if it wasnt rotting in peace.
Big Dave

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""][quote=""Dagoo""]Reluctantly, Air. But it needs to be cleaned up regularly and have more "oasis" themeing added. With a coaster that is designed to look swish and modern, any grime sticks out lack a sore thumb and really brings the ride down.[/quote]

Oh yeah, it really is starting to look horrible and grubby, and in 5 years time unless something is done it'll look really shabby. Air is a real "millenium" coaster if you get what I mean. In the late 90s/early 00s it was all the trend for things looking very "space age" and "technical" even though they didn't really predict it would date quite quickly. Unfortunately, Air followed this trend, so it's important to keep it in good upkeep.[/quote]

It looks like that every year. They cannot really help it. Its the trees and leaves that make it look all green and mouldy. They do jet wash it at the end of every year, but it normally makes the paint flake off which is a catch 22 situation. Leave it and hope the mould just goes away or jet wash it and get millions of tiny flakes of paint everywhere. As for it having brown lines all around the track, this is track wax. I jelly like substance that helps lube up the track and reduce wear on the wheels. Its essential for the ride and most rides coasters have it.
Anonymous

The Dragon next to spinball whizzer haha
but seriously Air looks awesome
and i like the colours on spinball whizzer if you class that a coaster
Patrick

Rita, it looks amazing looking down the launch, and watching it fly over that s-bend. The colour scheme is really sexy too, and I love the blue train.
ReallyRollercoasterRules

Corkscrew- Would be better with a lil' licky of paint though :D
Really Rollercoaster- The Latest Theme Park News & Reviews

http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/
Wes

[quote=""ReallyRollercoasterRules""]Corkscrew- Would be better with a lil' licky of paint though :D[/quote]

It will look great when its on the scrap heap.
Dara

RMT i reckon, fits in really well with the surrounding landscape and excellent timeless theming
jonathan leake

I would say Air. But Oblivion is the most stunning to look at. As you enter Xsector its just such a site to see this track plunging in to the floor.
CoasterCrazyChris

[quote=""jonathan leake""]I would say Air. But Oblivion is the most stunning to look at. As you enter Xsector its just such a site to see this track plunging in to the floor.[/quote]

Oh yeah. Oblivion just looks awesome, the sheer power of it takes your breathe away. It needs a paint job though, then its right on par at the top!

Rita looks squashed in.

Nemesis and Air look a bit grotty, but still immense anyway.
NickT04

I've gotta say Air on this one. I do like Oblivion but the colour of Air and the trees around it just make you feel relaxed. The rides is especially good near dusk when your put on your back and you can see the sun setting in the distance...
Rowe

Nemesis always does it for me. It's just so eerie and spectular to look at every time I go up to FV.
towers freak

It has to be oblivion for me. I love seeing the vertical track going into the unknown hole in the ground and not being able to see it come out the other side. I love standing at the viewing point and looking up at the top of the drop.It really does do it for me. The only thing i dont like is the fact it's going grey and it needs a paint.
iNemesis

Oblivion is definatley the most shocking coaster there. It's so intimidating looking up at the huge drop, and the car plummeting into nothingness...
stigzy

Rita took my virginity..
No ones perfect, we all make mistakes! And anyway, its better to start off on the kids rides...
iNemesis

[quote=""stigzy""]
Rita took my virginity..
No ones perfect, we all make mistakes! And anyway, its better to start off on the kids rides...[/quote]

She was so darn fast ;). Love her to bits...
Oh yeah, back on topic, Oblivion HAS to win, it's so intimidatingly tall as it looks over you, then plummets towards the ground at tremendous speeds, and that definitive 'roaaaaar' as it whooshes it's way down...

However, after seeing the Air plans for the first time today, I believe air would've definitely won if it was constructed with these features installed. It would have made that area amazing!! I do think it's aright as it is, but after seeing them, you know... By the way, been wondering.. People keep mentioning the 'Air tunnel'.. I presume your referring to the tunnel directly after the station, and just before the lift hill, right? If you are, anyone visited the park this Scarefest at night, and seen them coloured lights in action? They make it look AMAZING!! Is this how it should have been built, with the Cadburys adverts etc..?
Corkscrewed

Win? this isn't a contest you know :P

Although air would of been absolutely amazing with all the original features and stuff, I still think it, twisting and turning through the air... the trees... The carpark :? is still the most beautiful on park. Nemesis is all hidden and bunched up, and although it has lotsa good theming, and is an amazing ride, the coaster itself isn't the most pleasing on the eye :P

:D
serious sam!

Oblivion is just immense to look at and scares the live out of you! (well it does me :lol: )
so i'd have to say oblivion although i also love air and nemmy
formula1fan

For me, it has to be Oblivion, as the sight of the track going into the ground instantly made me want to go on it. And because of its height, it is easily visible from some areas of the park.