Goodbye to Bouncing Bugs!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jon

I agree that it looks better like that, but I don't think they would go to the trouble. They sort of "plonked" the Bouncing Bugs into Cred Street with the other "plonked" attractions. Apart from the Driving School, all the attractions are just sort of there, like a nice looking fair but still sitting on the tarmac.
Formerly "Dagoo"
Khanage

^ Yes, yes it is. Fumanchu I think it's called. I am actually in one of those seats somewhere!

---- Post Info Added ----

[quote=""Dagoo""]I agree that it looks better like that, but I don't think they would go to the trouble. They sort of "plonked" the Bouncing Bugs into Cred Street with the other "plonked" attractions. Apart from the Driving School, all the attractions are just sort of there, like a nice looking fair but still sitting on the tarmac.[/quote]

Yeah Alton do seem to "plonk" some rides but they do make it look nice with proper fencing etc. I would like to see some of the fairground rides looking more permanent just becuase it with te new cred st theme - no doubt it will be good though.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Dave

if the whole area is being done up they might put the effort in and actualy install the swinger properly and not just sit it on the bouncing bug site and hope for the best...
greeny11

I'm hoping they can put the Swinger back on the proper cycle where it goes higher and faster than it did in Ug Land after Rita's arrival. When these type of rides are used on their proper cycle, I find them quite exciting.
jonathan leake

So basically we want it to look more permanent wiv water jets and on a better cycle. Yea that sound brilliant. I really like the water jets on billys whizzer as it tunes it in to a sort of game. Also i heard it was going to look abit like a mushroom so whats that all about. Does anyone know what the area is being rethemed as?
Magical Ryan

Could the bouncing bugs make a permanent addition over at at the hotels by any chance?
Wes

I hope not.

They should have more 'resort' attractions at the hotels rather than theme park attractions.
AstroDan

Odd that the Bugs are moving for Christmas, although nice to see a proper sign for them. Perhaps they aren't leaving AT after all.

:?
Squiggles

Well it makes sense really, if they are in operationg order they may as well operate them, as it's one extra attraction for the winter season at minimal extra cost.
Edwardo..... move me!
Altonator

Anyone got any pics of winter 2008/2009 of the hotels or park yet?
Cheers :)
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
jonathan leake

Sanbrooke have got some pics.

[url=" target="_blank][/url]
Joe Koopa

Sadly, I've never actually seen Bouncing Bugs with my own eyes. I've never ventured to that part of Cred Street. It's a shame I may never get a chance to now. I will have to venture up there to see it re-themed. :)
CoasterCrazyChris

[quote=""AirWolf""]
Sadly, I've never actually seen Bouncing Bugs with my own eyes. I've never ventured to that part of Cred Street. It's a shame I may never get a chance to now. I will have to venture up there to see it re-themed. :)
[/quote]

Apparently it's departing Cred St. on a permanent basis as of the end of 2008.
AstroDan

The ride has now closed for the final time, after its short spell at the hotels for the Christmas period.

Adieu!

:(
Chris W

I would have thought they would keep them in a warehouse somewhere and bring them out every Christmas.
They don't take up a lot of space and must be fairly cheap to run and are another little thing for kids to do during the Christmas season.
AstroDan

The ride is knackered!

:D
Chris W

Just read on TT that it opened in 1982, didn't realise it was so old!

Probably is best then to throw it in a skip if its that old, broken and only going to be used for a few weeks of the year.
CoasterCrazyChris

Anyway look on the bright side, in its place will be the fresh, rethemed swingers!
Which would you prefer to occupy the space?
:)