Security Issues

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Anonymous

I think that this is one of Alton Towers let-downs.

Over the past few months we have seen a steady increase in reoprts of badly behaved incodences within the park. The ones that reach the news-stands are the ones that we are most likley to heard about. But what about the ones that are not reported?

Yesterday, I saw a teenage lad chasing a teenage girl and hit her on the back repeatly. It happen quickly or i would of taken some evidence in the form of either a picture of video.

Something now needs to be done, its a long time happening but the problem needs to be sorted once and for all.
Phantom

Yes this is a real problem i've battered on about this subject for months and it has got worse and i read about the RMT incident and was a appaled at lack of security around areas of dangers
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

Yeh security is getting worse last time i got a large toy which i won off one of the stalls knicked when i was on nemmie and all they di was point to the sign 'we can't exspept relibily for anything that is stolen from the cages' and that was that.

I pay for these games :oops: and one of the first biggies i win is knicked it's not on cos guest services wouldn't take it iathe cis it wouldn't fit in a locker

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Sazzle

If you tried to put it into a locker and they refused, you should have kept giving whoever you spoke to an ear bashing, as to be honest, it was partially their problem.

I can't actually say I've witnessed any breaches of security concerning physical violence, though I've seen a few acts of vandalism. You know, those acts which make the park look ever so tacky but management don't actually care about?
SkuM001

Security is bad in the getting in sense too.

Gates are often left open, leading directly into the park, right next to the car park.

Nothing to stop you getting in, expect a sign saying "This gate must be locked at all times".

Often the gates are left open for days at a time.
Jay12

What punishment should they give to these Thugs ??
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Anonymous

Emmmm. Throw them out the park and dont let them back in for a few months. Also inform parents.
Doopy Dan

Also, on this matter i think they should have a security system on Terror Of The Towers, where if your carrying bags ect they HAVE to be searched and you also go through a metal detector. As someone could easily get a halloween costume out of their bag whilst in one of the many dark parts of the attraction, Put it on, get out a knife and start to stab people, and then their would be a good chance of him getting away too, so i think that this matter should seriously be looked at by Alton Towers for TOTT 2005, as with all the terror threts happening around the world i dont think Alton should risk it.
Crofty

Yes

I noticed that the gates in Merrie England were open when i got to the park and still open when i went home :shock:
Phantom

Yes do they have CCTV around the area?
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
Rekki

There is more CCTV that you would imagine. and racerace1 - how would you suggest we stop an individual returning, ok, they can be banned from the park, but when their is atleast 8000 people on a quiet day, and upto 25000 on the really busy days, how can an individual be stopped coming in?

Obviously i am not allowed to talk about the specific security measures in place as regards to doopy_dans point, but this kind of thing is monitored, do you think the TTOT has no CCTV with night vision lenses?

Dean-TTF

Please make use of the "SpellCheck" function of TTF, so other members reading your posts, will have no difficultly reading them.

Doopy Dan

Nope TOTT has no Night vision camera systems, I got that infoamation off a Lighting and Sound technition at the park,And i have looked for them as there not hard to miss, Also there isnt more security than you can imagine, from memory i think there is about 12/16 cameras covering areas around the park, not many at all.
Rekki

there are ALOT more than 12/16 cameras there, i can assure you, every footpath is pretty much covered in some way or another.

Not sure about TTOT, i was told there are cameras in there. the RSO techies have nothing to do with the cctv system however, so why would they know? how would they not be hard to miss, cameras are not big things, hence the reason you dont see all the ones around park. have you ever seen the wall of CCTV monitors in the security complex? you ever seen the security complex?

I have worked there for 3 years remember

(sorry bout the spelling dean, never was my strong point)
IMC2004

cameras are not big things
I understand this, but in my opinion people would be less likley to do stuff if they knew they were being watched and could see that a camera was on them.
Anonymous

Do they do Security Searches going into the park?

Thorpe Park do they carry out random security searches for your safety and security!
Jay12

ERRR escuse me mate but can you please get rid of your Avatar or resize it as it is making it harder for the page to load and the screen is much larger.
Thankyou
Jay
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Phantom

Yeah CHRIST! look at it can a mod get rid of it
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
Dean

Sorted Now...

Please danielboyd100, do not use images that big as your Avatar.

Please read the TTF Guidelines, for more information.

TTF Guidelines

TeasingTigress

After visiting Alton Towers today I can sincerely agree that there does need to be more visual deterrants in the park. I saw several fights break out, was verbally threatened myself and was purposely ran into and sent flying by a gang of ethnic lads on two occasions.

Also I think some sort of visual deterrant might cut down on the amount of litter, vandalism, intimidation and queue jumping
Rekki

oh how i wish it would be appropreate for me to comment on who causes all the trouble at towers :evil: