2010: Secret Weapon 6 Part One

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Khanage

[quote=""bexhex""]Also they were specifically asking which of the two rides I though would be best, and were saying if they built it would I be more likely to visit AT in 2009.[/quote]

Surely it cannot be....
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Johno

I'm betting that they're asking for both of the rides, and for a UG land expansion into this new area.

Where will Rita fit? OR will it move somewhere? Thorpe, Chessington?
Mankey

If they actually go through with the robo arm idea i will cry...

Crappy throughput... if you're gonna get something like that get a topscan! at least thats a bit faster!

Coaster please...

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Ollie

[quote=""Johno""]Where will Rita fit? OR will it move somewhere? Thorpe, Chessington?[/quote] - :lol:

Im doubting Rita would move to another Park. Its relatively new! It wouldn't go Thorpe as it has Stealth. Lmao :lol:

I'd much rather have a Coaster, or a decent flat. Not a RobotArm, with a awful throughput. However it does seem, if the concepts are genuine, AT/Merlin are taking a close look at RobotArm's.
Wes

The tilting coaster looking nothing but amazing imagine it -

Your in this 'Dark Forst' and there is this temple which you stumble across, you enter it and it takes you through the forsest through trees, water falls, vines etc, then you enter this building which is broken down and shabby etc and you hear loud monster noises coming from the Valley, you suddently see a large disturbance in front and you see a giant creature tear apart the track in front and the ride comes to a stop. There is panic as more noises are heard and suddenly the track moves and creaks and you drop through the floor and this creature tears apart the surrounding areas leaving a trail of destruction as your hurtle down the valley you take sharp twists and bends through tunnels and between trees narroly avoiding objects and this mysterious monster.

I am thinking Cloverfield V.S Indiana Jones.

:D
Sanbrooke Productions

Very exciting news. I'm shure more will come from this soon. :wink: :D
Satch

The ideas here are impressive, and the concept of the robocoaster with themeing actually makes me interested in them... But of course, as Chris said, throughput is awful.

Dark Forest wins me over, it leaves for so many possibilities. Racing is done, dull and so "last year". Machines, again, there are endless possibilities, but it would be hard to separate from the obvious Terminator references. At least Dark Forest has potential for anything within the realms of imagination.

If it were machines, then I would say we are looking at an X-Sector makeover; Dark Forest would have to be Ugland. Although I do like the concept of a Blivvy retheme into plunging into the depths of twisted and terrifying woods, with mangles roots and buttress trees everywhere.

"clearance and excavation work on an old ride site..." Corky?
Wes

The Dark Forst, Monsters and Machines can all be linked. Do it :)
Rowe

No 'racer' theme, no robocoaster please.
They don't suit the Tower's atmosphere while the 'dark forest' theme and 'creature' theme do.

DARK FOREST!
senor_cooper

These images have been posted by someone new to the forums who belongs to an unspecified customer council which none of us are aware of. Going by what´s happened in the past, I am almost 100% sure that they were posted by Alton themselves under a pseudonym in order to judge our reactions. As such, they will contain a few clues as to the actual project with a few red-herrings thrown in to keep us guessing. Surely they wouldn´t go around giving something like this to somebody without first binding them legally to secrecy. Think about it- it´s the Intamin crates all over again.
Liam

[quote=""senor_cooper""]Think about it- it´s the Intamin crates all over again.[/quote]
No it's not. You're reading too much into things Mr. Cooper...
Wes

[quote=""senor_cooper""]I am almost 100% sure that they were posted by Alton themselves under a pseudonym in order to judge our reactions[/quote]

Would the park really spend thousands on concept plans just to create interest?

No.
stigzy

Speculation. WHOOOOOP! :D / I'm liking the Indiana Jones vs Cloverfield idea Wesmondé! Anyway relocating Rita is the best thing Towers could do, give it to old chesso as a Christmas Present. I'm sure they would appreciate it? Or would they, lol?! That would open up lots of muchly needed space in UgLand, as would removing, I can't bring myself to type this out, Corkscrew :(! Perhaps they could simply dismantle *sobs*, *cue floods of tears* Corkscrew :( and as Liam said in a previous topic, use the Corkscrew track pieces as parts of some mega destructive, Dark Forest theme for a brand new fandaby coaster.

Good job to Towers btw, for sorting out there photoshopping skills, as some of those pictures look brilliant!
Khanage

Being as this looks as though it in going to be in Ugland - surely we will see Rita's theme changed to fit in with the DARK FOREST which would be great!

I must say the Dark Forest theme looks incredible!!

:D :D

Also looking at online videos I think the Roboarm ride looks cool! Plus the concept art with the vines on the arms etc looks amazing!
Last edited by Khanage on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamJ

Doctor Who/Torchwood themed area!

God please! A Robo-Arm/Robo-Coaster? Hm.... The amount of possibilites with something like that could wreck Nemesis's reputation, it could incorporate a HELL of a lot of flips and massive G's..

As for a tilting coaster? 1 companies name plastered on that, VEKOMA! Their tilt coaster is ace to watch, but it'd need shrinking alot! I'm thinking tunnels, loads of twists, maybe we could see a sit down version of Nemmy, or incorperate the nemesis story and have an enemy? :shock:

God I'm on fire with ideas today :lol:
senor_cooper

Would the park really spend thousands on concept plans just to create interest?
Have thousands of pounds been spent on these? NO
They are made up from collages of stock images whichg have been crudely manipulated on photoshop- demonstrated by the fact that we all recognise the one which is oblivion. Moreover they could have used some but not all of the REAL concept plans to create these teasers
Wes

Oooh a battle between the two Valleys between two new mosters. That would be ace.

Indian Jones/Cloverfield monster could be a mystical monster of the land which has caused chaos in the forset after it was awoken by Nemesis falling from space.
Wes

[quote=""senor_cooper""]Have thousands of pounds been spent on these? NO
They are made up from collages of stock images whichg have been crudely manipulated on photoshop- demonstrated by the fact that we all recognise the one which is oblivion. Moreover they could have used some but not all of the REAL concept plans to create these teasers[/quote]

But would the park really bother to do that?

Also - the boards with the images are exactly the same style as we have previously seen.
senor_cooper

No it's not. You're reading too much into things Mr. Cooper...
I refuse to believe that Alton Towers lack the common sense to put the legal framework in place to stop these plans being distributed by any old tom dick or harry unless that is actually what they wanted. Moreover, Towers are renowned for precisely this sort of stunt. Do you remember during Mutiny Bay construction when towersalton gave us tantalising videos when nobody else could get close.

Perhaps Bexhex would like to explain exactly what sort of panel it is she belongs to and why it has not been advertised along with the family feedback forum?
Last edited by senor_cooper on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khanage

[quote=""Adzy""]As for a tilting coaster? 1 companies name plastered on that, VEKOMA! Their tilt coaster is ace to watch, but it'd need shrinking alot!:[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1O-I5jYdVk

It takes ages to tilt downwards! And you're right it is huge but it would be good for a UK first and alot of it underground would be fantastic!