New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Swarm Chris

Hello to new and returning people. :wave:
BucketM

Hello, new to forums in general. I don’t exactly know how exactly this place works but imma still try figure it out.

Don’t really know what to put about myself other than I like roller coasters and mazes (specifically Alton towers) like the rest of you.
Swarm Chris

BucketM wrote:Hello, new to forums in general. I don’t exactly know how exactly this place works but imma still try figure it out.

Don’t really know what to put about myself other than I like roller coasters and mazes (specifically Alton towers) like the rest of you.
Hello. :wave:

Don't worry, we were all new once. Having an interest in rollercoasters and the scare mazes at Alton Towers, definitely means you're in good company here. :)
CharlieJ98

Hey, I used to have an account here years ago as a kid but wanted to start over. I'm really interested in the upcoming project at Thorpe Park and enjoyed following the development of The Swarm on here so I thought I'd come back to see what was going on over here these days. 
Justin

Welcome back CharlieJ98. Hopefully we have lots of discussions for you to read and add your comments to :)

Should you need any help, please contact either myself or Dan who are Forum Leaders or DeadJack5 and Swarm Chris who also help out! :)
Salskia

Hi, new to the forum but been visiting the towers since the beginning! Corkscrew was new....! Anyway. Just booked to come up again in May, but just asking if the woodland walk from hotel to park is now open? It's been closed the past couple of years but it's now marked on the resort map but not mentioned on the website.... It's much better than getting the monorail.... x
Justin

Hi Salskia, welcome to the forum.

Yes, it is. Please ask reception for opening times as they can vary.
ROYJESS

Welcome to all newbies and returnees.
Salskia

That's brilliant, thank you. Much better than the monorail.
AltonOperator

Welcome everyone. Come say hello in the shoutbox sometime!
Thanks Jack
Gillybean

Hi everyone

I don't really do big intro posts (I'm a bit awkward and not that interesting) but I've been visiting Alton Towers since I was 10 in 1992 and I'm a bit geeky about it. I just love the place. Outside of theme parks I like being in the mountains with my dogs.

I've been a follower of the page for years but only just registered. Good to be here. G x
DeadJack5

Hi there, Gillybean. Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing around the site more!
Gillybean

Thanks so much!
Swarm Chris

Hello Gillybean :wave:
ROYJESS

Welcome to the forum Gillybean
Gillybean

Thank you! Very happy to be here!
Justin

Welcome everyone, I look forward to reading your posts :)
TalbotOfXSector

Hello! 

I'm Dan, I am 18 years old and I currently live in Nottingham. I have been interested in theme parks since I was about 4 or 5 when I visited Devon's Crealy on holiday. Because of this my first roller coaster was Maximus which at the time was called Pastil Loco. And yes, I have been on this well over 200 times since, easy. I first visited Alton Towers in 2006 when I was 5. I spent the whole day on Spinball Whizzer and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory The Ride however watching my dad ride Nemesis and Oblivion, I was mesmerised. 

I have been visiting many different parks since I was around 10 but Alton Towers will always be my home. 
DeadJack5

Hi there Dan!

Welcome to the forum! Great to hear how you got into theme parks. Hope you find something on the forum you're invested in and don't be afraid to join us in the Shoutbox for some fun :)
ROYJESS

Welcome to the forum Dan