New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Poison Tom 96

Hi all new peeps :)

Please come on chat :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
smudge.

Poison Tom 96 wrote: Hi all new peeps :)

This will sound quite ludicrous I imagine, but I've never been in a chat room in my life!

1) how does it work ( which 1 to use  do you need any software )
2) is it type talk like the forums? Or is it skype etc?
3) do you talk openly like on a main screen or is it all pm,s?

Sorry to sound stupid, just a little guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
James

smudge. wrote:
Poison Tom 96 wrote: Hi all new peeps :)

This will sound quite ludicrous I imagine, but I've never been in a chat room in my life!

1) how does it work ( which 1 to use  do you need any software )
2) is it type talk like the forums? Or is it skype etc?
3) do you talk openly like on a main screen or is it all pm,s?

Sorry to sound stupid, just a little guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chat is a integrated feature on TowersTimes, which can be found here:
http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/chat/

To use chat you simply need Java installed on your computer (if you do not a dialogue box usually comes up telling you that you need Java installed). In terms was the way in which people chat, it's more of an informal way to how we talk on the forums. It's basically a bit like a big Skype/MSN/Windows Live Messenger conversation, it's a way for members to have a social chat together without having to stick to any general guidelines (so SPG does not have to be of a high standard in there, you can let yourself go a bit). It's all an open conversation, as I said, it's mainly a use for members to all connect and talk together - however you can talk to people privately, although this is rarely used and not necessarily needed on chat.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me and I'll be happy enough to help.  :)
Champion of Pain

Hi peeps I'm Chris aka Champion of Pain.

I came across this forum a few weeks ago and I haven't looked back since. Most of you on here sound like good people and I've actually decided to come to your 10th birthday celebrations so I look forward to meeting some of you there.
SpinballEdders

Hi There Champion of Pain and welcome to TTF! Have fun at the 10th birthday celebrations! :D
JaykeAT

hey guys ive been on the forum for a week or so now but wanted to properly introduce myself. My name is jayke and im from lincoln, last year was my first time at AT so i have been looking on the archive forum alot to look at it in the past, ive been on oblivion 24 times,nemesis 18 (wouldve been more but ques got bigger l8tr in the day sooo) air 5 times riats twice and 13 8 times and am looking foward to what the 2012 season has in store but will sadly not be available to come to any meets.
SpinballEdders

Welcome to TTF Jayke! enjoy your time on here :)
Poison Tom 96

Welcome in Jayke :)
La Roq

Hey there guys just found out about this site and thought that this site was well worth signing up for. Anyways my name is Adam(aka La Roq of course) and I will admit I have only become somewhat of a theme park junkie in the past couple of years and managed to rope my girlfriend in too^^ I am looking forward to chatting with all of you guys on all things theme parky....... And other random stuff I suppose^^
SpinballEdders

Hi Adam, and Welcome to TTF! I hope you enjoy your time on here :)

P.S; I love your AOSTH Robotnik avatar :P
La Roq

Thanks I have been a big sonic fan ever since the first game saw the light of day.

Also thanks muchly for the welcome.
Poison Tom 96

Hi and welcome in Adam!

Shut the door behind you please :P
SpinballEdders

La Roq wrote: Thanks I have been a big sonic fan ever since the first game saw the light of day.

Also thanks muchly for the welcome.
You're welcome Adam, It's always nice to see another Sonic fan pop up on TTF! :)

and you're from the south as well! I'm no longer alone! :P
La Roq

Well my door is revolving so it closes so I do not have to^^

Glad to be adding to the TT southern contingent.
Poison Tom 96

La Roq wrote: Well my door is revolving so it closes so I do not have to^^

Glad to be adding to the TT southern contingent.
Ok then Slam the revolving door behind you :P
Longy

Hehehe, well I never did introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Andrew, known as Longy because of my last name.
I've been interested in theme parks for as long as I can remember, and found TT because of a RCT3 recreation! :P

But you all know that, so;

Hello new members!
Dingerbell

wow....
this is necessary :D
formula1fan

I can't believe that I've been a member on here for nearly five years, yet haven't posted in this topic! Oops! :P

My real name is Jonathan, although some members of TTF refer to me as NooNoo (it's a long story). I'm 19, and am studying Law at the Cornwall Campus of the University of Exeter in Penryn, Cornwall. Despite having been a member on here for so long, I only attended my first meet back in November 2011 (due to having lived in Cornwall since August 1999), and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I've made so many friends through TTF, one of whom is very special to me indeed, and that'd be my amazing boyfriend, Mike. [/soppiness] :P

Anyway, welcome to all new members, and I hope you enjoy your time here on TTF. I certainly am! :D
djtruefitt

Welcome Adam, Longy (I have had you on facebook for ages anyway :P) and of course Jonathan noonoo (even if I have spoken to you in real life and on skype many times :P.
Nadesico

Hi, been looking and following the forum for ages. Decided to join today and join in the discussion. Thanks  :roll:
Last edited by Nadesico on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.