New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dom

Welcome to the forum Tom. Come say hi in the shoutbox at the bottom of the main forum page sometime :)
Tom_iSatnav

Hi there!

I'm Tom and I'll cut to the chase. My home Park is Chessington, my faviroute is Busch Gardens Tampa and my faviroute ride is Sheikra. I've been a theme park enthusiast for a good 7 years. That ought to cover everything.
Dom

Welcome to the forum Tom. Come say hello in the shoutbox sometime :)
Coaster1705

New to the forum. I am your average rollercoaster enthusiast, and I am very confused by the clues Thorpe Park have given us for minds wanted! :?

Thorpe Park and Alton Towers! https://mindswanted.co.uk/
MrsT2015

hay guys just thought i would say hi i've been a lurker for a while and i thought its about time i joined. My name is Claire and next year at last i will be getting my MAP my husband is disabled and my son is a wuss lol so most of the time when we go to alton i end up in the single rider line so it will be nice to join you on some meets and not be on my own. Our last trip was to thorpe park two weeks ago loved it and I cant wait for more trips. look forward to getting to know some of you soon.
Kirsty25

Welcome to the Forum Claire,

Join us in the shout box for some more random chit chat and chill out talk!
TheSmiling97

hi, Michael stephens. I am british. I have 3 hobbies (trains, roller coasters even though I haven't been on many, and anime). my main hobby is trains. I am 17 years old and I also have a youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGZy2s ... PonDu82K8w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and I currently go to college.
Dom

Welcome to the forum Claire and Michael. Come say hi in the shoutbox sometimes :)
hudson

Hi all,

I'm a really long term viewer, I've been an enthusiast since I was around twelve or thirteen and I am now twenty four. Feels good to post!

I actually just had a little favour to ask everyone, I just wondered if anyone is going to be at the park between now and when it closes and typically is in to taking photos either on a nice fancy camera or even just an iPhone? One of the newer ones I guess just to the picture quality is quite decent?

It's a long story but I am in the middle of a project, here's a sneak peek! Image ..... (i made a replica nemesis inferno wheel cover amongst others)

and basically it would be great to have a nice high quality image in daylight of the Nemices sign.. you know the ice cream shop near the blade? I live in london and unfortunately do not have the time and money to travel up. let me know if you can help me out and i hope to be able to help you in the future.

Thanks a lot everyone

catch you later

from james
Max

Welcome to the forum hudson!

I'll be at towers this coming weekend for fireworks and shall try to grab said picture at some point during my visit. :D
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
hudson

Fantastic, thank you. All the pictures of the Nemices (& Donuts!) sign online are quite small and pixelated, this will be really useful. I hope you have a great time up there. (The little shack is still called Nemices right? Ha ha) Have a good day
Stan.H

Welcome!! Hudson!! :yes:
Smiling bass

Hello there! My name is Amy, but most know me as beautyofthebass.

I'm a costume and props designer and in my final year of university.

I'm so exited to get involved in all this! I really want to get into Alton towers doing something with entertainments or the scarefest prop and event design. I'm serious about really getting contacts and my name out there.

I'm also obsessed with the smiler, so much so I based my personal character around it and the costume was finished 27th of May this year! Just a couple of weeks before... you know what.

So that destroyed me... Still keeping the character and concept though. Still use the suit and love it. The attached photos are of the suit made by me!

Yes those are speakers in the chest and hips, and they do work! Ill attach a video too. Its my dream to wear this at towers... but of course, there is that policy where your face must be showing D':

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please feel free to message me. Ill be very active on here from now on I think!

Thankyou for your time and Smile.Always! :D

-Bass
Dom

Welcome to the forum. That is amazing. I think our resident TheSmilerMan has now been overthrown :lol
Morgan

Welcome Smiling bass! That is a brilliant costume, the satisfaction you must of got from creating that must be incredible :)
Smiling bass

Thankyou so much :) and yes its very rewarding, especially when going out in public.

guys please do message me if you want :) i need to get to know people here! :D
Dom

You could always come say Hi in the Shoutbox at the bottom of the main forum page. Usually its busier but with Alton Towers Fireworks, you may find it will be a bit quiet
N_B

Hi, I'm Nat. I've been reading posts on here for a while, thought it was time to say hello.

I love theme parks and scare attractions, don't get to go to the former very often as I don't drive and my friends are all wusses when it comes to anything more intense than the teacups! For some reason they don't think standing around holding my bags is any fun, I can't think why.

Looking forward to getting to know some like minded people and hearing all the latest news :)
Aidan Lowe

Welcome to the forum Nat.

Your friends are no fun! Scare attractions are one of the best things to do as well. I'm sure you'll make new friends here so by the time next years Halloween events come about you'll be able to join a few of us here on TTSP at an event maybe.

There are plenty of people who'd be more than happy to share a journey over by car etc. Get involved in discussions and welcome once again!
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dom

Welcome to the forum Nat :)