New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kirsty25

Hey and welcome to the boards Cameron :) Hope you enjoy your visit and stay :)
Altitude

Hi, I'm Altitude!
I'm currently doing my A levels in Buckinghamshire and have been thinking about joining this site for a while now. I like following the construction of coasters at Thorpe Park, Alton Towers and other parks around the world (like everyone else here!) :D

I create coasters on Nolimits however right now RCT3 is my tool! Everyone here seems friendly so hopefully I'll fit right it! I've been posting in the RCT3 forums so far and it's been a blast!
Kirsty25

Hey and welcome Altitude, come join us in the SB (at the bottom of the main page) or look up the skype thread as we get some good convos going about coasters, like yesterdays discussion about saws design flaws!
TomL

Yes, I agree Kirsty! Don't be hesitant to join us in the Shoutbox at the bottom of the page, we are a nice bunch. and if you have skype, add yourself in the ttf skype topic and join us in the group chats!
Luce

Hi Cameron and Altitude, welcome to the forum :)
altontowersfreakhead

Heyyy!!!xxx My name is Joe (altontowersfreakhead) i live for alton towers news and have been a fan of TowersTimes ever since I started visiting the resort so I would just like to say thankyouu for all the news so far!!!xxx  :D
Kirsty25

Hi Joe welcome to the forums, join in too we're pretty friendly LOL
Luce

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum :)
MattCamMans

Why hi there, im a coaster enthusiast from the UK and I love AT. Visit my you tube channel, its the same username. XD
jimm123

Hey peeps, im jim from blackpool xD coaster geek, tattoo lover and music nerd :))
Be nice, i love alton towers is my fav theme park wish i lived closer instead of BPB's doorstep  :lol:
Luce

Hi Matt and Jimm, welcome to the forum :)
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

HI.
I have been on here for a long time and never really got round to creating an account I have had loads of things I have wanted to say, just never really thought of creating an account: D
After hours of thinking, googling (that is now a verb! ;D) and just basic whacking my head off my keyboard! jdjdhfkkos (proof!) I realised that I have nothing worth your while to say...
But I will give it ago aha!
I am from Staffordshire. My nearest theme park is Drayton Manor I only live about a 20 minutes’ drive from the park! But that’s nothing really to shout about. It's not a bad park but their main theme is family rides, I'm more of a... Smiler  ;-) With me the more extreme and twisted and wow! The rides are the better! Take me to any Ride in the World and I will go on it! :D.
Many people call me a Roller Coaster Geek, even though I prefer Enthusiast I am not ashamed to be one :D I have been lucky to experience the worlds fastest Roller Coaster in Abu Dhabi Ferrari World, Formula Rossa! haha However most of my "world first" rides and best Roller Coaster experiences happened at Alton Towers  I cant wait to add The Smiler to the list aha!!
I am sure I am a novice compared you all you guys aha the best skill I can have is telling which company made it by just looking at the track, and I’m not always right there either aha!
I love Alton Towers, to the point where I almost KILLED my friend because he said Thorpe Park is better than Alton Towers! Sadly my friends are not as... obsessed as me with Roller Coasters so not matter have much I want to my visits and quite small :-( because family work, friends won't go and I’m only 16 so going alone would not go down well with MY parents :D  luckily my school are taking us to Alton Towers in July so I can Ride The Smiler :D
I'm a buddy Roller Coaster designer and Architect, but Roller Coaster designing is my dream job! But sadly I have Dyspraxia, which is a problem with the joints and muscles etc... basically the way I have been told since a kid was that my bones and muscles are like rubber, its takes my 10x more effort just simply sit up compared to 'normal' people, but I was born with it so I don't know and different, so in result my handwriting and drawing suffers A LOT! Pretty much unreadable so Designing Coasters I think is going to be a UN accomplished dream :-(  It does not affect my mind, my brain and minds are perfectly normal... I think? The ideas are in my head it’s just getting them down aha and I would not have a single clue of how to get into it in the first place.
I also love to look at an already built Roller Coaster and think up of ways to improve upon them, for example I thought of how the Oblivion track could do more underground in the dark, so we have something like the black hole again. (Not my best idea by far :-/ aha I think I can do better :D… I hope! ) To be honest the real reason why I do that is probably just due to my OCD aha :D Oh and please excuse my grammar and spelling I also of slight dyslexia ( Google me aha, I’m the very definition of health problems ;D) and I write most of the time on my iPad so there are bound to be a few miss types :d but I will try my hardest not to make them :D

Wow can you believe I still have a nagging thought in the back of my head telling me I missed something out! Aha I am really sorry how long it is you just forget when you’re typing :D if you did read all of this THANK YOU :D and if you didn't well… I don’t blame you aha ;-)
But again sorry it’s so long; my OCD won’t let me miss anything out! Just imagine how I fell when I write tweets ha-ha :D
I can’t wait to write to you all and ask questions and answer questions ;D and share all my ideas and thoughts! Thanks for being here; finally I have fellow Roller Coaster geeks! sorry enthusiasts ;D

From...
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Richardio123

Hello im Richard/Richardio/Chud,

Im not exactly new to the forum I have been signed up for a year or so but I haven't posted before.

I am currently studying my BSc in Computing/Computer Science

I am an adrenaline junkie and a huge theme park fan for example last year I went Disneyland Paris twice, AT and Blackpool Pleasure Beach and this year I have already been to Thorpe Park this year going Disneyland again and AT and Blackpool maybe some more god knows... Right I'm rambling on need to stop

And as you have guested I love Disney( thanks to the other half taking me there last year for the first time), but I have always had a soft spot for AT :D 
Signature Pending.. ;D
Gizmo

Hey, Gizmo here!
I have been a lurker on here for a while, and I've finally decided to join.

I was offered a job as a ride host/operator today with Team South! So excited! I came here wondering if anyone else was new to working at the park, mainly. Would be cool to know some people beforehand! 
Luce

Hi there arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?, Richard & Gizmo, welcome to the forum :)
Michelle

Hey everyone new this week! Come down to the SB at the bottom of the page and say hi, there's usually a few of us there :D
Kirsty25

Hi guys and welcome, I'm not knowledgeable about coasters too much but ask plenty of questions!

As Michelle said some of us lurk in the sb at bottom of the main page, we also have a Skype group and a thread in dragon bar for Skype user names if you dare :-)

Look forward to seeing you around the board!
bex

hi i am becky and i am a g force junkie :D
Live life to the full and don't forget to smile #TheSmiler :D
JMR

bex wrote: hi i am becky and i am a g force junkie :D
Welcome!  :D
Kirsty25

Hi Bex :D and Welcome to TTF