New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
DiogoJ42

Well, since the BBC sold off OBs to SIS last year, I don't get farmed out to them any more. I usually work in Telly Center. I didn't do Wimbledon this year, and I'm unlikely to do it in the future. I tend to do a lot of Match of the Day and Score / Focus, So If Hawkeye is going to be used in footie I may still get to see it. :D
DDF14

We are all keeping our fingers crossed for the use in Football ...
I would be so happy if got it, also means even bigger wages :wink:
butterpecanphilly

ello ello ello,

Newbie here. I've been goaded into signing up by a certain Swashbuckler common in these 'ere parts... ooo-arrrr.

I suppose I could take part of the credit for getting the aforementioned Swashbuckler interested in coasters although once I'd lit that fuse, he shot off into a world of coaster-nerdiness, leaving me behind in a cloud of toxic exhaust fumes (are there coasters that run on petrol/diesel?). Now it's his turn to lead me into the unknown by demanding (with good reasons, I might add *ahem*) that I set up an account here on TTF.

Anyways, just thought this would be the appropriate place to introduce myself, so ELLO... hope you lot are as nice as he keeps telling me you are!

BPP
Gloomy Dude

An assosciate of Diogo's is always welcome round there 'ere parts.

Welcome :D
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
DiogoJ42

Hey Phill!
It is true: it's all this guy's fault that I became a coaster geek. :P He organised a coach trip to Alton in our GCSE study leave, and gave me my first taste of Nemesis, way back in '98.

And yes, there IS a diesel powered coaster... I've been on it, and it's...erm...'unique'!

Welcome to my world, buddy! You have no idea what you are in for :twisted:
Anonymous

Hello, my name is Katie and im new too ttf, but not too all this. i've been on ATA for quite a while and known as KatieAlmighty on there too :) hoping too have fun chatting too you all!
James

Hey Katie. Welcome to TTF, hope you enjoy your time here.

:)
Meg

Welcome to TTF Katie and also Diogo's pirate friend! :D
Anonymous

Hiya - replied to an earlier scarefest post earlier this week, but feel a proper 'hello' is due.

I'm Peter - in my (late) 30's, my good lady is Susan, and we have 2 kids, Joe (11) and Rosie (8). I'd not been to the towers until Scarefest last year and despite the queues we enjoyed it so much we bought a family merlin pass in March. Had a fantastic year so far - been to the Towers about 8 times, Chesington 3 times, Legoland a couple of times and Thorpe Park three times. We live in Washington, so normally make a weekend of our stays as it's a canny drive down. Rosie has only just turned 1.4m, so we have spent most of the year juggling kids to make the most of our days.

Things we like (in no particular order):

Nemesis (my choice really - isn't the Nemesis roar fantastic?)
Rita (the kids choice - now Rosie is 1.4m)
Holiday Inn Chessington
20% discount with the Merlin Card - it really does make a difference.
The staff at all the parks - I'm sure during this year we must have only encountered 2 or 3 really grumpy people...A lot better than I would be!. Can't praise them enough.)
Early Ride Time - just fab.

Things we don't like (in no particular order):

Smoking in the queue lines. I smoke, but it really boils my pee to see people smoking in the lines, especially as the all the parks specify it as a no-no and there are kids about. I'd wager it's been discussed in forum before, so I'm not going to have a rant.

Spinball Whizzer (and Dragons Fury) - why does it always have a massive queue time? It's got to be throughput, but I do remain confused. Also why does Spinball go to 3 seat cars when it's wet, but Dragon's Fury doesn't?

So I think that's us done for the season, but we are all really excited about next year. Hopefully there will be a passholders exclusive day for SW6, as there was for SAW in which case I'll see you there - with or without kids!

Cheers
Pete
Anonymous

Hey!

I'm new here also but hopefully coming to the meet on saturday to see whos who and put my foot in :P

Haha!
Nightfall

Well I have been cluttering up the SW forum for two months now but I thought I should say a proper hello.

“Hello”

My actual name is Tim and although I do live in Cambridge I just started on a Mechanical Engineering course so I’m not there much at the minute.

Have been a theme park enthusiast for longer than I can remember but my first trip to Alton Towers was in 2004. Since then I have used Towers Times to keep an eye on the park :wink: . I decided to join the forum a little while back in the build up for SW6.

So thanks for all the resources TT team, I’ll try not to mess up the forum to badly. 8-[

As the day dies the nightfalls
[align=center]Image[/align]
lily♥evie

Well hello people, i'm lucy i'm 27 years old and i'm from sunny west yorkshire! (God, feel like i'm auditioning for blind date! :lol: ). I'm married with two gorgeous daughters who are 5 and 3.

I found TT while searching for info on SW6.

My last visit to the park was 29/10/09 - i always try go to AT during scarefest and at least one other time during the year.
LILY♥EVIE
MattH

well hello, i am matt
last time i went to AT was june, going again next year :P
cant wait for SW6 to actually be availiable to the public :D
themealgang

Hi everyone!

I am themealgang and have been posting on and off in the SW6 forum for a while but I thought I would say a real "Hello" now.

I have been a roller coaster fan for as long as I can remember and love Alton Towers. I am also an Annual Pass holder. I first discoverd TT sometime ago when looking for Flash simulations. The first one that came up was the Ripsaw simulator- one I still play on to this day...
Last edited by themealgang on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
maneatingmonstrosity

Hey everyone.

Big Alton Towers fan here. Love it for the coasters, and it looks like with Hex and now Thirteen theming is taking a bigger and bigger role which is great. My real love is the Efteling though.

I study sound engineering at Abertay Dundee Uni; I'm currently in my Honours year doing a project on sound design for multimodal dark rides. My aim is to create and design dark rides for adults that can be genuinely immersive, atmospheric, dark and terrifying.

I've got a music project on the go called Pyramid Head, which is greatly influenced by the Efteling as well as other things like Arthur C. Clarke, Hideo Nakata, Sunn O))), Akira Yamaoka, mythology, exploitation horror cinema etc etc. The second album will be out in January. Here's a preview.

Anyway, I might be mostly lurking... but nevertheless, I look forward to your opinions and thoughts on AT; I've just worked my way through the SW6 thread which was thoroughly enjoyable.
Last edited by maneatingmonstrosity on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaél

Welcome to the forum Nightfall, scrummy♥mummy, GothicAngel09, themealgang and maneatingmonstrosity! :D

Hope you all have a great time here on Towers Times! A warm welcome to people I haven't had the chance to welcome as well! :D
Big Dave

Welcome all! :)

I've been on this forum pretty much from the start in some form or another. Great atmosphere here and I would highly recommend getting involved with some of the events. Its more easier than ever to get involved in things and even if at first you feel an outsider, you will quickly come to realise we all just want a laugh and talk about various themeparks :D
8carl8

Hey, my name is Carl, I am studying architecture at Uni. Love theme parks, and only visited Alton Towers for the first time in 2007. Loved it so much that I went back for short breaks every year since. Been a big Thorpe Park fan since 2002, but since visiting Alton it pales in comparison! So much prefer Alton now. Look forward to joining in discussions with you all :)
Michaél

Welcome to Towers Times Carl! :)

You'll have a great time on here!
Tweak

Hi I'm DJ (aka Tweak) and I'm 19 from North Wales. Currently working as a senior sales assistant in WHSmiths, I've been to Alton Towers at least once every year since I was 4. I went to Scarefest for the first time last year and have now vowed to go in october every year! Favourite ride is Nemy but I'm looking forward to Thirteen next year :D