Merchandise/F&B price changes

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
altontowers1

Altontowers photos are really good alot bigger than the draytonmanor ones well my oblivion and air photos are alot bigger than my stormforce 10 one, but £6 for one photo :shock: , i think they should be £4 :D .

That would make me alot happier :D .

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
Chris1

The price of a photopass is a bit to steep no matter how good the quality is in comparison to other parks, i'm sure alot more people will think twice before paying such an amount for such a frivolous item.....

£3.20 for a pint is what you would expect to pay in a hotel such as the one at Alton Towers at the moment and is still relatively cheap compared to some of the places i've stayed.....

:)
LiamSAFC

[quote=""Chrïs""]£3.20 for a pint is what you would expect to pay in a hotel such as the one at Alton Towers at the moment and is still relatively cheap compared to some of the places i've stayed.....[/quote]

Agreed. £3.20 is OK (maybe over-elaborate and hasty before :P) for Alton Towers, and around the hotel, but most of the pubs around my local area are between £2.30 and £2.60 (that being the most I've experienced). Although, the pub from down the road from me is £2 for a pint of fosters, which is great value.

Back on topic, the photo pass is joy to my ears, was definitely thinking about getting one on the 28th, and if there are upcoming deals, I for one may not hesitate for one! :D
AstroDan

[quote=""LiamSAFC""][quote=""Chrïs""]£3.20 for a pint is what you would expect to pay in a hotel such as the one at Alton Towers at the moment and is still relatively cheap compared to some of the places i've stayed.....[/quote]

Agreed. £3.20 is OK (maybe over-elaborate and hasty before :P) for Alton Towers, and around the hotel, but most of the pubs around my local area are between £2.30 and £2.60 (that being the most I've experienced). Although, the pub from down the road from me is £2 for a pint of fosters, which is great value.
[/quote]

Pubs up north are often cheaper than pubs in the midlands, which are again often cheaper than pubs in the south.

Most locals round here, a pint is around £2.50 but in a trendy bar or night club a pint is £3.50 ish.
Gax

To be honest this was going to happen sooner or later. It's now common knowledge that times are hard for the UK economy and with Alton Towers being the type of business they are, a theme park, they're probably preparing for the worst if it comes to a recession.
The first thing the GP will cut out from their spending in difficult times is things such as cinema trips etc. and certainly days out to a theme park. Now if AT just hike their gate prices up again this will put people off coming even more, so it leaves them with the only way to try and battle against this issue being to charge more for luxuries inside the park, because people have no alternative but to buy this stuff from AT themselves.
spinwhizzer

Can you still email the ride photos? If so does anyone know how much? I personally think emailing is the best way, you can print off as many as you like, or send it to all your makes, far better :D
DanB

Once you have purchased a photo you can use the ID to get the photo off the web at http://www.ridephoto.com

I used this a few months ago and i ended up having to call someone at picsolve to get the picture.
AstroDan

Flambo's prices have risen £1.00 to £16.95 per adult. The all-you-can-drink refills in Flambo's have also risen 30p to £2.75.

This is in addition to a number of small (5-10p) rises on alcoholic drinks in the resort bars.

Annual Pass discounts still apply and get you 20% off.